Every album ever released is a 6 or 7

>Every album ever released is a 6 or 7

but he gave Blackstar a 4

That's not entirely wrong.

hmm I wonder where all those 2s could have come from....

>most albums are average or above average
sounds about right

what does it take to please autists like scaruffi and christgau?

gimmick bands?

>christgau
>falling for gimmicks

good music

fuck me

>chrisgau
>falling for soulja boy

What's weirdest to me is how Scaruffi can praise bands like My Bloody Valentine and Slint while simultaneously praising Bruce Springsteen.

BAM

he doesn't inflate his scores like p4k because hes a patrician

All 3 of those are great. What's the confusion from?

that's. uh. a lot of albums.

because one is popular while the others are weird

has he really listened to like 20,000 albums

I don't get it.

What does that time period have to do do with 2/10?

Finish this sentence, guys.

The

fact that so many people say "the fact that" shows how far Western education is from becoming a serious institution.

first

of

jesus did someone from this band bully scaruffi back in high school?

LUSTY

It's Tangerine Dream. They made a billion albums but only the first 10 or so were relevant.

the

underwater sunlight is pretty good

gang

Alpha Centauri, Zeit and Atem are rated pretty high on his website.

to

die

scaruffi has shit taste, i appreciate his honesty and how many hour she puts into writing his shitty point of view about 90% of the albums he critiques

He gave three 7's, two 7.5's and one 8 to their early albums. He probably wanted to "punish" them for not stopping when they had to.

He has 8,600 artist biographies in his catalogue

sometimes i forget that he's like 60 years old and has spent his entire life listening to music

I take a masochistic pleasure in reading Christgau shit all over some of my favourite bands, and also attempting to predict which of them he will rate favourably. Oddly he seems to be most appreciative of stuff often seen as lowest common denominator tier.

the distribution of scores seems to be fairly good i'd say.
most albums are average or just above or just below.
if you start rating every other piece of mediocrity that you just fancy a little bit a 10/10, then it loses all value. same with the low scores.

although I don't like his reviews as i am a person who will try to develop my own tastes rather than piggyback off of others, you cannot really flaw his system (although horribly bias and spiteful at times).

And yet he is only known for one thing all over the Internet...

Just like all his girlfriends

ARGONIAN

On the other hand he gave Rock Bottom 9.5 so he clearly knows what he's doing.

>that image
>that opinion

why did you left reddit

I don't understand scaruffi
He is clearly unimpressed by all music, so I wonder why does he keep buying albums and listening to them

>not a single album received a 10 from him

No album is perfect!!!1!

we must imagine scaruffi happy

aren't most of their albums soundtracks?

he gave BTBAM and that eternal instrumental hip hop album a 9

Autism. He has an unshakeable compulsion to catalog large numbers of objects (in his case, albums).

ONLY GIRL I EVER LOVED

>(in his case, albums)

He also has thousands of books listed in various lists and reviews and he lists many other objects. He has stated many times in interviews that the aim of his site is to catalog the whole of human knowledge into a large encyclopedia.

>the aim of his site is to catalog the whole of human knowledge into a large encyclopedia.
now that's autistic

Lol he must really hate Wikipedia

What makes you think that? :^)

what a tool

More like what a cool
what a cool guy

Lmao perfect

>comic sans
this can't be real

Not really, there's RYM profiles of people with over 30,000 ratings. Of course, they rate singles and EP's (not sure if Scaruffi does that as well), but one of them is just 23 years old. Scaruffi is quite old now.

>not really
let me stop you right there
most people couldn't name 200 albums

Well, yeah, you have a point.

neither could scaruffi
someone asked him about Can in an interview once and he didn't remember who they were

Oh yeah, this as well:It's quite hard to remember all the stuff you listened to, or even over 200 albums.

Absolutely not a single human being in the Earth could name 200 albums off the top of his head.
100 is already a stretch.

DID

ATTITUDES

wow that's approximately normally distributed

He's not unimpressed by new music. On his new album reviews page I count 12/20 albums that are 7 or above. And yes a Scaruffi 7 is a positive review and means "buy eventually."

Christgau isn't an autist he's just a pleb to the max so for him you just have to be loud and fast
Scaruffi either wants technically good music with lots of complexity that isn't just wankery or very slow, very simple music that creates a nice atmosphere.