Best song on this album is Out of Body. Prove me wrong

Best song on this album is Out of Body. Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T4itT6YrHfQ
youtu.be/EspapkS3X2M
youtube.com/watch?v=rLy-AwdCOmI
youtube.com/watch?v=0Uh9_Z3AOTM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

saturnz barz is better

Great song, would be slightly better without auto tune. But not better than the club banger Out of Body.

Out of Body is fantastic.
Hard to pick a favorite, I love so many tracks. I'd love to swap She's My Collar out for The Apprentice, though.

If I have to choose a favorite, it would be Hallelujah Money, though. Benjamin Clementine's voice is just too good.

there is no good song on this album

Hallelujah money is just noise.

LOL @ his over dramatic corny voice being "good"

He sounds like Tay Zonday

BUT WHAT ABOUT ANDROMEDA?

She's My Collar, Strobelight, Momentz and Sex Murder Party are all as good if not better.

>ALL MY LOOOIIIIFE

I'm loving strobelite so much right now. Especially after seeing the live version.
I mean damon is having such fun with this album. Look at those glasses and that keytar goddamn.
The dude is almost 50 years old but he still making music with contemporaries and music that sound from this era but also it has his own touch.
Do you see yourself is his position at that age? The man is a legend and I can't blame him for some weak tracks on the album. He's enjoying his life.
I don't understand why people have to be so pathethic and cherrypick about every little shit in here.

youtube.com/watch?v=T4itT6YrHfQ

xDDdd

Ah ... Messrs Lemar and Albarn appear to employ the same maketing company.

Gonna be honest here, if not for Circle of Friendz I'd say Out of Body is the worst of the proper bonus tracks. Really not a fan, but I'm also not a fan of the album in general.

Why is everyone sleeping on Ticker Tape?!?!?! It's like a sequel to Busted and Blue

youtu.be/EspapkS3X2M

This. It's my least favorite track

He's right, you know...

More good songs than bad songs on the album that's for sure.

The girl on Out of Body sounded cute.

I hate hip-hop, my favourite tack on Humanz was Hallelujah Money the album was awful, the only good Gorillaz album is Plastic Beach.

That's about all I have to say.

God tier
Andromeda
She's my collar
Charger
Momentz
Saturnz Barz
Busted and blue
Hallelujah money
Ticker tape

Good tier
Ascension
Strobelite
Submission
Let me out
The apprentice

Meh tier
Sex murder party
Halfway to the halfway
Out of body
We got the power

Bad tier
Carnival
Circle of friends

They're all trash

It should've been on the main album proper in one way or another, even if I like The Apprentice more out of the bonus tracks.

It's a very different track from them. I can feel some semblance of Gorillaz in almost all of the main tracks but Out Of Body is the only track that treads new ground and sounds surprisingly good while doing so.

Also, Halfway to the Halfway House sounds totally like something that could've been on D-Sides.

What album? No way this shit holds up.

i wanna fug noodle

My man i think the best one are
God tier
Andromeda
The Apprentice
Strobelite
Busted and blue

Meh Tier
Sex murder party
Momentz
Carnival
Let me out

Its seriously Corey Feldman tier garbage but I'll forgive Damon for making his cashgrab so long as the US tour setlists are 90% old shit

couldn't prove you wrong if I wanted to, OP.

I don't think the album is super great either but this is some hyperbole. The worst thing I can say about most of these tracks are that they just ain't for me where-as Corey Feldman is just unabashedly terrible self indulgence.

I was a big gorillaz fan and my friend was playing this album in the car today. Most of the tracks were pretty easy to toss away and forget about. Damon is so committed to frankly having black people in his music that its hamfisted instead of genuine and good. I also noticed the beats for these songs being very similar and repetitive. Very disappointed to be honest.

All of the featured artists sounds like they're in pain. I never would have guessed Albarn to be capable of creating such a hellish studio environment

If you remove Damon you remove Gorillaz. Then it becomes the featured artists song with out Gorillaz. Just their name stays and people buy it because "Gorillaz made it". That's the problem with this album imo - Damon pushed all these artists to the front that the songs no longer sound like Gorillaz.

well they are just no longer good songs because of the contrived need to mash all these artists in

The fuck are you talking about? You're listening to that song wrong.

Busted and Blue is the most "Damon" song on the album but I wouldn't say it sounds the most "Gorillaz"-like. If anything it sounds like something he could've put on his solo record. Gorillaz is more than just Damon's vocals, it's his production and how he brings out the best of everyone who's involved. On that note I think you can make the case that Humanz is a little bit unadventurous - Submission is a great track but Danny Brown's contribution to it doesn't sound much different from features he does for other artists.

>Be up-and-coming musician
>No one knows my name
>Suddenly get a call from Damon Albarn to be on his new Gorillaz album
>Fly to London on my own dime and spend two hours trying to find Studio 13 in a city I'm completely unfamiliar with
>Record my session, stay excited for an entire year as I wait for the album to drop
>It finally comes out and I listen to it
>I'm not on it

>Grace Jones told Damon to remove my singing or else she wouldn't cooperate

My problem with this album is that it feels like one of those albums that DJs and producers put out with a ton of features. I was looking forward to seeing how far more interesting artists lile Vince Staples would sound on some Gorillaz-y beats. It's not like the previous albums where Snoop Dogg became a Gorillaz character. Momentz is a Gorillaz song. She's My Collar is this album's To Binge. Andromeda is just good.

You jobbers are underrating The Fall on this board lately. Go listen to it again.

my uncle works at blur

>TRYING TO GET AWAY
>BUT I'M TRAPPED IN THIS MAZE
>CAUGHT UP IN THIS MASQUERADE

Hilarious if true

The weirdest thing is that that girl is Kali Uchis, and she sounds completely different in every song she's in. Crazy range, I hope she stays Noodle's voice.

Wow so deep

Am I the only person who wants a few tracks that feature only the "Gorillaz" and no guest artists?

As in, Damon and other anonymous singers doing vocals/playing as the characters.

The lyrics are only one layer

The production of the music that supports them provides the depth, especially in the context of the song and the album

If depth for you is garageband with Damon slapping his dick against a synth at random on top, mastered with audacity preset effects

I'm sorry that you aren't able to appreciate the music. You're missing out on something wonderful.

If criticism for you is mentioning a genre and then slapping your dick on a random insult generator

Granted this album does lack the same genuine emotion of earlier works

Busted and Blue is the best.

>Circle of Friendz

I REALLY like Halfway to the Halfway House. It's probably my favorite. Who's with me?

I've said this before but that shit sounds like it's straight out of D-Sides, or at least some of those unused audio clips we got in the Plastic Beach trailers.

Maybe, but it still fits into Humanz and it sounds great

/thread

Ticker Tape reminds me of I Feel Fantastic.

youtube.com/watch?v=rLy-AwdCOmI

i really like she's my collar,charger and busted and blue

Gorillaz - 2 featured artists
Demon Days - 10 featured artists
Plastic Beach - 10 featured artists
The Fall - 4 featured artists, 5 if you count the iPad
Humanz - 25 featured artists

At what point does it stop being a Gorillaz album and start being a NOW That's What I Call Music Vol.68?

That's Kilo Kish

who's that?

>mfw people actually think Hallelujah Money is actually a good song

this desu

The entire album is a disjointed, unfocused mess. That said, I took out Momentz and Sex Murder Party and the Intro and all the interludes and it's actually an enjoyable listen now.

Are any of the bonus tracks worth checking out? I might fuck around with adding B-Sides and rearranging it in an attempt to make an actual good album.

>actually

I want to say fuck you for removing one of the best tracks on the album but consider checking out at least The Apprentice and Out Of Body

I'd be okay with this,unless they can get little dragon/Yukimi Nagano again.

I think it's because mosthe people see The Gorillaz as more than just Damon Albarn. It's bigger than him at this point. An unfortunate side-effect of creating a concept band and distancing yourself from it in an artistic attempt.

Which song do you consider good? Sex Murder Party? I really, really don't get that song. I've listened to the whole album like five or six times trying to comprehend it and that song just makes me angry.

Maybe I'll be able to get it after my album remake experiment and have fully digested the rest of the album.

>The Fall - 4 featured artists, 5 if you count the iPad

Momentz is too good not to jam to

Sex Murder Party I like but I see why people don't

Most dissenting 'rillaz fans are feeling the same way m8. At least we still have the comfy character interactions through the videos and such, like the gif you posted.

not at all,

this
he's a talented dude

>Benjamin Clementine's voice is just too good

I just listened to Out of Body. It's trash. Production that sounds like it's straight out of a late 90s Britney Spears song. Too many interludes breaking up the song and killing momentum. Pointless nonsensical lyrics. I can scarecly imagine this moving anybody if played in a club.

I'm genuinely curious how anyone could think this is a great song. In the grand scheme of music, it's pathetic and forgettable, much like OP.

Humanz also has the most songs out of them

25 featured artists in an album of 18 songs without the interludes seems like quite a lot user.

How many of them aren't black?

but yeah it's a lot

i think one's south american and that's it?a little too much,there like what?four tracks where albarn sings most of the song?

>5 if you count the iPad

what kind of massive faggot do you have to be to think like that

pleb

>Plastic Beach - 10 featured artists

No, it's 14.

No, there's plenty of good songs. There are no great songs.

>Implying Tay Zonday isn't great

Busted and Blue isn't that great, so whatever

>2 featured artists
Miho hatori, del, tina weymouth, Ibrahim Ferrer, then there's sweetie irie, phi life cypher, and d12 for those not on the album
>4 featured artists
only simonon, jones and womack

The only song I really don't like is Momentz. The apprentice is a great song until that NEW BLACK KANG bit.

After listening to The Apprentice a few times I think it might actually be one of Gorillaz best singles in years, up there with some of their greats

The fucking state of Sup Forums

>same score as pb
pretty fitting really

Where does this crybaby limey faggot get off shitting on his lifelong fans like this? Is dimentia setting on already or does he have a drug addiction to fund?

Either way, if he doesn't have the live show together with a decent setlist I'll bounce after the opener & call it a day

Can we all agree that it worked SO much better on PB though?

>Where does this crybaby limey faggot get off shitting on his lifelong fans like this
In what way

>sweepstakes, rap section of white flag, not using the best version of glitter freeze, snoop dogg
no

>no great songs
>Strobelite
>Andromeda
>She's My Collar
>The Apprentice
>Out of Body

The featured artists didn't sound like they were being held at gunbeat back then at least

Only every way conceivable. Either Trump gave him a stroke or we're all victims of a bait and switch

>Only every way conceivable.
ok
>Either Trump
trumpbabby. got it

I think Damon just wants to be a producer. And I'm fine with that, I think Humanz is great.

D sided at 69 fucking shitters

The Apprentice is legitimately the only really solid track on this album, I like it a lot.
I can't get into the rest. Even the remixes are better than what the album itself offers.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Uh9_Z3AOTM

it's momentz. you've been proven wrong

Great songs: Ascension, Charger, Busted and Blue, She's my Collar

Worst: Momentz, Sex Murder Party, We Got the Power, Halfway to the Halfway House, Circle of Friendz

Everything else is meh...

is this real?