This is so dumb but so good

this is so dumb but so good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=re8d36wQy9w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The list of truly worthwhile anime is short but City Hunter is on it.
As is Lupin III.

City Hunter
Bebop
LoGH
Lupin
SaC
maybe Berserk
???

> this is so Sup Forums

Mushishi

youtube.com/watch?v=re8d36wQy9w

you can't deny a theme song of this caliber

Baccano!
Monster

All fedoracore trash for low IQ Sup Forumsedditors

Cat's Eye is from the same guy who made City Hunter, so you'd probably enjoy that.

Also add Patlabor and Birdy the Mighty to the list.

LOGH unironically makes every other sci-fi television show look comparatively lowbrow.

Outlaw Star

yeah right faggot

K-On!

Get out

Tenchi Muyo. It gets toss in with the regular weebo bullshit but its really fucking good.

Leave faggot

>implying lupin isn't kinoasfuck

What is SaC?

ghost in the shell

>kinoasfuck
More proof of Sup Forumseddit sensibility

I get that Sup Forums makes you insecure and /m/ is too patrician for you to even think about posting on, but you're not welcome here

zoids new century zero is the most kino anime

Stand Alone Complex?

FUCK OFF WITH YOUR CARTOON MANCHILD SHIT

This is leaps and bounds ahead of most media and /cel/ shit that gets discussed here.

This list is pretty much right up Sup Forums's alley, at least before the year 2000.

What do you think of the films in my image? They were all released recently.

What's that? You haven't seen any of them? Well isn't that a shocker. Now settle down and try to refrain from thinking anybody on this board gives a slightest fuck of what a plebeian like you thinks of an artistic medium.

How about you go make a thread then, you're allowed to discuss animated film and television on the film and television board.

Stupid kino poster.

Why does everyone like this anime? I watched 2 episodes and started falling asleep, Give me 2 good reasons why I should continue watching it? IS sub or dub better( I was watching the former)?

>That 80's look and theme
Was there ever a shittier decade?

>over reliance on expository dialogues for both plot and themes (telling rather than showing, the worst sin in audiovisual storytelling)
>predictable plot conveniences and melodramatic bullshit (examples from the beginning: Jean Robert being sent on a fleet that you know is doomed to be destroyed, the fleet commander getting hurt right after the protagonist wishes he could take command in his place, etc.)
>2-dimensional battle tactics obviously inspired by naval warfare despite being set in space, how are you supposed to take the characters seriously as master tacticians when they don't understand their battlefield's rules?

Was recommended to watch this because it was supposed to be good and different, not unlike "epic" literature or "quality" TV such as The Wire. Turns out it's still trash. Trash with somewhat interesting ambitions and potential, but doomed by incompetence typical of a worthless medium for emotionally stunted and intellectually challenged teenagers.

Congratulations to all the tasteless masochists who have watched 110 episodes of this tripe while you could have instead watched something worthwhile like filmographies of respected arthouse filmmakers.

Watch the sub and watch it when you're in the right mood for it, it's best for when you want to get comfy or when you feel really depressed, just have to get immersed in it.

>No Outlaw star

Pleb

shouwa genroku rakugo shinjuu

Lupin is essential comfycore

>Giant Robo will never get a proper continuation

H-hail Big Fire...

>Talking: The Anime

Seriously though, I love the hell out of stand alone complex.

t. salty 90'sfag

Let me explain to you about anime

There are several tiers of anime fan. WOAH TOTALLY DIFFERENT PEOPLE WITH DIFF OPINIONS MIND BLOWN

You have the casual Sup Forums anime watcher, who only watch what I term 'the newfag pool' and think they are the greatest anime ever, then call everything else shit. This group generally watches less than 15 series.

You have the casual anime forum watcher who watches a large range of absolute garbage, including the newfag pool and thinks it's all the greatest shit ever. This group generally watches less than 50 series

Finally, you have the actual anime fan. They watch a wide range of series and genres and generally enjoy the medium while understanding its flaws. They are generally unimpressed after the 100 series point regarding the newfag pool, as they have found better.

For reference, the newfag pool is generally as follows (series do get switched out as the old favorites get forgotten): NGE, Berserk, JoJo, SAO, Attack on Titan, any Kon movie, any GitS series or movie, any edgy 80s/90s gore OVA, Gundam SEED, Kenshin, FMA, Geass, Angel's Egg, Stein's Gate, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Planetes, TTGL, Kill la Kill, Death Note, Ping Pong

Basically anything Sup Forums likes, because Sup Forums has AWFUL taste in anime. A W F U L

Ok, I'll admit that the 90s was pretty shit but not as shit as the 80s is my point.

>Angel's Egg
>newfag pool

Really? The only times I see it mentioned is in ironic threads comparing it to NGE.

That's a pretty reasonable modern entry level list, should add Gundam Wing to it or has it fallen off due to age?