Eternal /got/ general

discuss the direwolves

1st for Sophie

I loved how at the SDCC panel the second the guy said “so Jon Snow and Sansa aren’t really brothers and sisters” Sophie went “Don’t ask me this”

She knew what was coming.

The other favorite part is when she threatened D&D. You know it’s serious if she is threatening them.

I wonder where they go from here. Next season Sophie and Kit will definitely have scenes together. This is how I picture it in my head, every scene they are going to be like have to act more like brother and sister, have to act more like brother and sister. Kit stop looking at my lips. Kit don’t look at me like that. Okay that hug was too intense.

ill start

how did that dead direwolf get past the wall and why have there been NO other direwolves seen north of the wall

>We will definitely see TWOW, but I'm not so sure about ADOS.

I'm far less optimistic.

I say, definitely NOT see ADOS, and not sure about tWoW.

Keep in mind his last books took 5-6 years each and that was BEFORE the show. Sure he doesn't write an episode anymore but it's not just that. He still has shit to do about the show, and conventions and stuff.

And his "book % reports" are less than encouraging, with long periods where he actually LOST some progress ( deleted chapters and the like )...

And he's a fat old man of 67.
Fat people die at this age all the time. Hell, Gandolfini died 15 years before 67.

Plus, even if we say that GRRM will last til 70, it's not like he's gonna write on his death bed.
Any health problem arises and he's gonna shelves the book for good.

I want Ghost to knot her so fucking bad

>trying to start a jonsa conversation

I think the idea was simply that it isn't that they're never seen south of the wall, it's just that they're less common. Although it could be some three eyed craven future Bran shit, considering Jon hears a whisper in the the wind indicating to go back for ghost.

Don't jew me out of this HBO.

Who ruled the seven kingdoms after Jon Arryn died and Robert spent like three months in his trip to Winterfell?

Bran will learn that he still has a connection with Winter the way he did with Summer, in much the same way that Coldhands was able to be taken back from the Others.

the small council

most likely the small council, but that's a good question.. I mean they can deal with the small stuff, but what if an importnat issue came in? "Come back in a few months"?

Probably named a temporary hand the way Tyrion was named while Tywin was away.

i want wight wolf dreams in the land of always winter so bad

Renly.

The same people who ruled it while Robert was in Kings Landing.

Did D&D have Jon send Melly away so he couldn't do the smart thing and shadow baby Cersei dead?

no, they had him send melly away because he can't keep her at his side (jon is a good character and melly did something evil so that'd taint him) and he can't execute her either because she rez'ed him up so that'd taint him too.

it's a straight up black&white 'good guys can only do good and surround themselves by good guys' bullshit.

it's not about jon's motivations/character, it's about D&D wanting something to happen to keep people rooting for this or that.

Most of the big stuff happening is like that now. It's not about the characters, it's about the show.

Same thing with sansa hiding the cavalry.
>Because it's more dramatic that way!

Yeah, but who would be the highest commanding person in KL at that time with no hand?

Pycelle for seniority? Or Renly for being related to Robert and having the most important title?

this, jon never makes morally grey decisions in the show. the audience is always meant to root for him. if there is stark drama next season it will be interesting to see how they paint him being that he knows by being king he's technically usurped his siblings and taken winterfell from the starks (inb4 but he didnt want it people just keep giving him things he doesnt want cus he's such a good guy i dont know i dont know)

>creatively it made sense to us because we wanted it to happen!

he looks like the fucking joker. his nose disturbs me.

>they paint him being that he knows by being king he's technically usurped his siblings and taken winterfell from the starks

He very well might bring this up next season to Sansa and discuss things with the Lords to make it so they rule as King and Queen since they clearly like him so much.

>Wanna know how I scarred this TV show?

>Same thing with sansa hiding the cavalry.
>Because it's more dramatic that way!

I don't know if this is real. I mean, there might be another explanation we'll see in the next season, but I've given up trying to make sense of things that don't make any sense, after the arya debacle (Well, Arya couldn't do any of that so it's probably the Waif or something, or Arya planned it all along ... Oh no. It was just Arya and she didn't plan any of it).

That being said.
Regardless of this being true or not... I can't believe Sophie doesn't realize how fucking wrong it is/it'd be to make the scene happen that way and have Sansa act a certain weird way with the only justification "It makes good television!".

This girl is literally retarded.

there are very few things that would make me actually legitimately stop watching the show but that is one of them.

Jon deciding to share power with Sansa would make you stop watching?

Yes because I cannot imagine a more contrived scenario obviously meant to pander to both the jon and sansa plebs of the world

A run in with a stag killed the parent and left the children on their own.
>like pottery

Azor Bran

don't really care as long as we get to see her tits and/or anuses.

no way the janitor is that fast.
it's clearly someone deleting his own shit for some trolling reason or wtv.

Would it make you feel better if Jon does that and Sansa still turns on him anyway?

It'd make Sansa look even worse than she already does and make sansafags butthurt

>and/or anuses.
She has more than one?

Why no one resurrect Ricko?

Do we really need another straight white man on TV?

>straight
They don't maymay like they do in Essos anymore do they?

Art Parkinson's making moolah, he doesn't need the show

that's how I picture her anyway.

Doing what?

>there'll be a bolton baby rolling on the floor, ignored by his red haired mother next season

i want to see it happen

Who is the short one behind Jon in the middle of the frame? I just took my contacts out and can't quite see it.

Oh shit I'm late. Anyway...

Azor Lancel

Movies.

Right now he's the voice for Kubo in that Kubo and the Two Strings movie

Jon's whole shtick has generally been "fuck tradition, there's zombies", I imagine he could end up refusing to go full Targaryen with Dany when his heritage is revealed, unless it's the only way to unite the people to best combat the Whitewalkers.

Kill yourself.

Oh. Good for him.

y

Imagine what's going to happen if he dies:

> We know the ending
> Here pay up for 100 different versions of it

>in much the same way that Coldhands was able to be taken back from the Others.
Was this in the books? I don't remember this happening.

I think that's Bran, senpai.

they are like warewolves but more stupid and less original

No, it's never explicitly stated outright, but he's obviously dead and can't cross the barrier set up by Bloodraven. He's a wight, just a sentient one. Whether he was raised by the others or BL I don't now.

I think you're wrong on that.

I always assumed it was Bloodraven or the Children or someone who brought him back. Now I wonder if Bran will find a way to connect to wights.

he is connected to everything.

Bridge of Skulls

Is there any implication that Qyburn/Thoros using the Others' technology to bring people back? I mean Beric does not look like a wight but the description of Ser Strong kind of does.

Full Targaryen is marrying a chick he grew up with

greywind = best wolf

It's possible. It's likely all linked more than the characters are aware, and Lady Stoneheart isn't too far a cry from a zombie

Why do they all have to go out like such bitches?

Budget

That's why it's a tragedy.

In the books, Sansa dyes her hair.

Does she dye downstairs too or will they reveal who she really is prior to her bedding with Harry?

What is dead may never die.

Now repeat the words or the Drowned God take you

No Godhead man may sit the Shitwood throne what is R'hllor may never die
For the night is day and full of salt water
Amen.

Watch yourself, you speak in the presence of the Drowned God

good night bump, sweet j*nsa dreams everyone

>5 posts in the last 3 hours
What does it mean for /got/?

it means everyone is asleep

anyone re-reading the books? I started book 1 last night.

thats God

How about reading some real literature instead of plebby fantasy trash over and over again

this and double dubs confirm. Sure they're decent books especially if you're a fantasy fan but there's so much more out there i wouldnt bother wasting my time with a reread

dont have to be a cunt. recommend some? or lets talk ab out why youre cranky?

My dad raped me.

>white walkers have been incredibly built up as a mysterious deadly force which is at the core of the series for the past 20 years
>the books and the show opened and will probably close off with them
>every in-universe civilization has myths and legends regarding winter and white walker like phenomena
>feel like a larger than life threat

>it's just some andal stabbed with dragonglass

holy shit what a disappointment

Well, based Sophie confirmed that Sansa was pissed off about Jon being declared king of the north, and now thinks that Littlefinger's plan isn't that bad

Why did sansa betray jon?

>pic
>Essos will be completely fucked
It won't, the dothraki wouldn't have done anything to stop the white walkers invading from the east, and the unsullied are only 8k soldiers, and they seem to be nowhere near as good as they are hyped up to be by the masters.

There are probably hundreds of thousands of soldiers belonging to the other essosi kingdoms, dany didn't take any of them.

The dragons would probably be the biggest game changers I guess.

How did the white walkers get to the other side of Essos? Is there another Night King maybe like the Sun King?

She's a woman.

Women should never have power.

>probably hundreds of thousands of soldiers belonging to the other essosi kingdoms
More wights for the white walkers

The world is circular, the land of always winter probably reaches around to essos

But what did she hope to gain, did she want jon to die? Does she want to be the ruler of winterfell?

The world is like the inside of a sphere aka takes place in inner earth. Just watch the opening cinematic that takes place with the song. It's clearly inside a sphere.

Also old nan was correct about them living inside of the eye of a blue eyed giant named macumba.

Theres still much we don't know of the other landscapes seeing as the map only gives us a limited view of things.

Kill yourself Preston

Is /got/ finally dead?

What is dead can never die

Is this canon?

>the small council
>the small stuff

In all seriousness, it was the Small Council. Littlefinger probably having the most prominent role.

Hell, that's basically how it worked for ages before Arryn died, and after Robert died.

Sophie seemed like she was being an asshole during the panel.

>I don't know if this is real. I mean, there might be another explanation we'll see in the next season, but I've given up trying to make sense of things that don't make any sense, after the arya debacle (Well, Arya couldn't do any of that so it's probably the Waif or something, or Arya planned it all along ... Oh no. It was just Arya and she didn't plan any of it).
That's all it is. Hanlon's razor. Seriously, stop trying to crowbar headcanon into the show. Most of the events have little to no reason or justification. Sit back, relax and enjoy the wild ride.

You can discuss ASOIAF on multiple boards now (Sup Forums, /tg/, and /lit/)

Of the three, the discussion quality is at its worst on Sup Forums, but threads are much faster than the other two boards. It's also the only board where discussion is more about actors and actresses than characters.

I recommend checking out the /tg/ thread, full of stuff to talk about.

>confirmed
NO. THATS HER OPINION YOU FUCKING IDIOT AND ITS OBVIOUSLY WRONG.
STOP SPAMMING IT AS FACT.
99% OF HER OPINIONS ARE MEANT TO STIR SHIT UP
>"HURRR I WANT LITTLE FINGER TO SIT ON THE THRONE"
>*CROWD BOOS*
I BET YOU THINK THAT CONFIRMS IT RIGHT?
FUCK OFF

>joker
>JEWker