Tfw 22 and don't know how to play an instrument

>tfw 22 and don't know how to play an instrument

Who else /toolatetobecomemusician/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/aciddroppin/killer-peanuts-from-outer-space-over9000
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's never late, it's just will be more difficult than when you're a child

literally everything is more difficult than when you're a child

pick up a fucking guitar

FACT: There are no successful musicians who only started to learn their craft in their 20s

it's because all of them were pussies like yourself

That's because if you haven't been interested enough in music since you were a kid and didn't have anything else to do then you probably aren't all that interested in it as an adult and don't have the conviction, desire, or motivation to keep it up.

If you love music then trying is infinitely better than not trying

It's never fucking too late.

You either have it or you don't. If you have it and don't know how to play something, take the fucking time. Seriously. The only thing you can get is older.

For example.

If you started playing guitar tomorrow, and kept with it and practiced at least 20 minutes every day for a year, by the end of the year, it would a 200% sure thing that you would be very, very, VERY far from when you started, and you could come back here and tell us how glad you are that you listened to me, and actually read this with heart instead of just a passing glance.

lmao you guys didn't even refute me

Action Bronson started around 25

Yeah and he's shit so what's your point?

Blixa Bargeld

Here here, I might want to start guitar or piano lessons when I move away from home

Don't worry about success. Learning an instrument makes you appreciate music on a whole other level. Go for it.

I learned how to play the guitar and just playing. I was in highschool, no i am 21 I didnt start like when i was really young. My tip is to find songs you want to play that are easy.

He still has a more enjoyable life than most of Sup Forums as a result of making music.

lmao
[spoiler]a faggot you are[/spoiler]

Define "success".

>he needs a refution to start doing something
I don't really know many musicians to refute you, but it's pretty obvious that your "fact" is not real
the thing is, your brain always can learn new movements of your body parts, it becomes more difficult with each year of your life, but it's never impossible, thus even an old man can learn to play an instrument if he actually has a will to do it
if you're practicing then you'll learn to play a thing, and to feel music, if you don't then you won't

another thing is that you don't want to do it then you can't do it, and all the excuses mean that you don't really want (read: you can't)

Jeff Buckley

Ryo Fukui

if you don't want to*

I started facerolling in FL a year ago and I'm 25. It's never too late bro, I believe in you!
soundcloud.com/aciddroppin/killer-peanuts-from-outer-space-over9000

He didn't start playing guitar in his 20s you twat

Youtubejazz literal who nobody

>OP learns an instrument
>reaches age 40
>never gets famous
>but at least has something fun he can do with his free time from 18 years experience of playing an instrument
>gets to experience the pleasure of making his ideas a reality even if those ideas are shitty

>OP doesn't learn an instrument
>reaches age 40
>never gets famous
>no fun thing he can do with his free time
>no creative outlet
>nothing he can point to and say "I made this"

really difficult choice here

I know people are going to say otherwise, but if you don't at least have a basic foundation in music theory and have a very high neuroplasticity (you are proficient in something else that requires intense focus and discipline, not video games) it really is very unlikely that you will be proficient at anything that very demanding past age 21.

There's just too many distractions and not enough hours in the day, and most people stop learning at that age and opt to do easier things like drugs, netflix, or having a social life.

It's not impossible, but the average person can't and won't be able to do it.

>it really is very unlikely that you will be proficient at anything that very demanding past age 21
your start to think differently past the age 21, that's really all, you get different interests without even noticing it, and you start to look for excuses of why you can't do it ("not enough time")

>the average person can't and won't be able to do it.
because the average person is not a mentally strong person

I think more than anything else though, and in this specific situation its even more relevant, is that we lose the ability to commit to things for long periods of time as we get older. We fall into complacency and routines and kind of live on autopilot.

In public education we are lives are regimented and ritualized, so we develop the ability to have work ethic and focus.

People just get stupider and lazier as time goes on, and the worst part is the system is like this by design. Stupid and complacent people spend more money on stupid shit.

Stop caring about success and external validation so much and do it because it's fun.

One of the cunts in Judas Priest

Not true

>"Bu-bu-but he's not good"

That was not the point you dipshit. Successfull = good