Does it ever bother you? That you'll never be important or influential? You'll never be an Alexander, or Napoleon...

Does it ever bother you? That you'll never be important or influential? You'll never be an Alexander, or Napoleon, or Hitler. Even if you had a fraction of the aptitude, you're too damaged and self-loathing from being here. Our god is mediocrity; our saint is Wasted Potential.

People don't get damaged for spending time here you mong, damaged people like to spend time here and similar websites. Not the same, go die somewhere.
Sage goes in the options field.

>t. High Priest of Mediocrity and Wasted Potential

It does bother me. I could have done incredible things, but it slipped away. And think of all the total man hours wasted on just Sup Forums for example. Not to mention television. Man hours, that, if focused on set objectives, could have have been used to positive ends.

This is what they mean when they say that the death of western civilization will not be caused by externally. It will come from within; it will be caused by complacency.

So it does bother me, not because I missed out on being rich, but because I missed out on the chance of helping the global life of experience for everyone and everything being the best that we can make it.

Doesn't bother me in the least, although that doesn't mean I'm happy with my life either, though. However, if you're constantly comparing yourself to others, you're never going to be happy.

>This is what they mean when they say that the death of western civilization will not be caused by externally. It will come from within; it will be caused by complacency.
>So it does bother me, not because I missed out on being rich, but because I missed out on the chance of helping the global life of experience for everyone and everything being the best that we can make it.
profound.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?

If you never compare yourself to others, you're a liar, a moron, and/or will likely be forever unhappy.

Eitherway, life has no meaning.
Even if you become god you'll still end up asking the same question. Just enjoy the ride my friend. We will all die.

>It's a nihilist: nothing matters so why try episode

Not exactly being a nihilist. If you think deeper.. No one has the goddamn answer. Even 'god'.. Even if you or us become god. No napoleon or hitler can give the answer.

Life isn't over yet bro. I know it's difficult to get up and try to do something different after all that you have seen; the failure, the remorse, and all the bull shit, the regrets; but it still isn't over. It's only over when you die. And only after that can you really say, "what could have been". Until then... well...

This is true

(((Deep))) bro

nope. doesn't bother me. it has bothered me when i was younger tough.

and why the hell do i want to be someone like hitler? hated by most people, living in a bunker, complete burn out and suicide

what the hell has he achieved?

oh yeah, he made germany smaller. great job.

>and why the hell do i want to be someone like hitler? hated by most people, living in a bunker, complete burn out and suicide
normie, pls go

>calls people normie
>like a normie

edge fag, pls seek a fire to jump in

Nicely worded, nig.

pathetic shit won't help you either

I gave up trying to be a huge fucking influence on the world. I became a teacher in order to make a small, very small difference.

>inb4 major keks are had

Yeah. I know. Maybe I have an impact on a few students every year. But that's enough for me and I'm happy with that.

Good on ya.
who wants to be a murderer anyway

You lead a sad life

lol all those died terrible deaths and led lives full of convictions.
id rather have my own boring life than any of theirs

"i could have been special but im just lazy xd"

Not really. I'm actually really happy with it.

The fantasies come and go every single moment of free thought that I have. One day I'll just transcend my current station in life and be the badass like my idols. Though deep down I know I'll just end up some fatass smhuck jerking off to traps and dying of heart disease at liks 54.

Good shit man, it's one thing to want to make a difference and another to actually make a difference for someone.
Good teachers stay with you for life, make the most of it my man

sorry, but more please

At least you apologized for ignoring my existential crisis. Here you go

yeah, I hate it. Not much I can do about it. I'm damaged material.

It sucks looking back at how much I've squandered.

>TFW you realize you will never be a boy genius

Thanks man. It's cool. I feel like not every student of mine will go away with some deeper understanding and appreciation for good literature. And that's OK with me. Sometimes the most I'll ever do for a student is listen to them and talk to them, maybe even inspire them from time to time. Sometimes that's what they need. I love getting emails from students telling me what they're up to now, be it college or the military or whatever. It's an awesome feeling.

think globally act locally!

that means fucking all your hot students once they graduate.

I'll never be famous and I'll never influence people on a large scale, but I like to think I have some influence on the people around me. If a conversation or even a small interaction I have with someone can brighten their day just a little bit, that's enough for me. There are too way many people for me to affect even 1% of them, but I like to think I can have a subtle effect on the world. If my existence has an overall positive effect, even just the slightest one, then that's good enough for me.

Any idea who those girls are in the pic?

you know I'm about to do?

>ignore the work I have done
>go lie down next to girl friend
>put on headphones
>listen to the same music I've been listening to lately
>feel sad

Instead of fixing my life, which I could do.. RIGHT NOW... I'm on Sup Forums feeling pathetic.

I'll lie down and pretend tomorrow will be different, that I'll work hard tomorrow and fix everything.

If I didn't have a young child, I would pray to god a car would hit me tomorrow.

i'm curious. you say you could fix your life RIGHT NOW. what exactly could you do to fix everything? most people want to fix their life but don't know how.

Yeah it's easy for idiots to be happy. You're slow so you don't need much. Doesn't make your life any less sad.

mooooooaaaaar

>You'll never be an Alexander, or Napoleon, or Hitler.

Yeah but i can still be Gavrilo Princip.

I just have to find the right target

>get my work done

My life isn't bad, I just sort of hate myself. I have always slept too much. been depressed. missed so many opportunities in life.

For the last year, I've needed to do a better job marketing my business, and I never do. I lost my biggest client, and every day I look at my computer at this marketing stuff I need to do.. then don't do it.

every day for almost a year. I keep making the same bad decisions over and over, every fucking day, I don't know how to stop.

I know it sounds easy. "just do it".. but I try and can't. or don't. or whatever.

Other things I could do RIGHT NOW

>work on marketing for app I had built

>work on marketing for these uhm like grip stickers for your phone that I had made in china. I have fucking 200 of them right here, and need to send them out to people to review. but first I need to make a list of people in the video game who are influencers blah blah blah

>clean up my house. it is filled with so much crap from my side projects that just distract me

I mean - I know I don't get to be the boy genius I wanted to be. I already missed the boat on millions of dollars of stock and other shit. Burned most of my opportunities into the ground with a massive drinking and drug problem. ( I've been sober 6 years now, so that is good ) .

I know I'm just whining and bitching, but it feels like hell inside.

I feel trapped by my own weakness.

awesome...do you have nudes of her?

try to fit in a little more

No

Why do you think your life needs fixing?

You have a girlfriend around to lie down with, which means you make her happy and she makes you happy. Otherwise, why would she be there? You have a kid who you love enough to put ahead of your own feelings, and they definitely love you too. Every time you look at your kid, remember that you're doing something right. Every time they laugh or smile or learn something new, it's because you did something right. Remember that. The only thing you can do to make your life pathetic is to stop caring about yourself, about your child, or about the other people around you that love you. Even if you don't care about yourself enough to keep on going, think of all your family and friends who do care, and make whatever you do about them.

Also, who cares if you always listen to the same music? If you've found something you like enough to keep listening to, listen to it as much as you want. If it makes you happy, it doesn't need to change.

It sounds to me like you're too focused on what you could be doing and what you're not doing. Stop comparing your life to the best imaginable version of it. Your life will never be perfect. You'll always be able to think of some way things could be better, but that's pointless unless you use it to motivate yourself.

Stop wallowing in defeat about what you don't have, and learn to cherish all the things you do have. You have a lot of things to be happy about, so just take the occasional quiet moment to smile to yourself about all the things you're doing right.

You've heard it before but you gotta try 'just do it', if you start sitting there and doing it, even if you're thinking at the time "haha look at me actually doing it" you'll get a positive feeling from it, then build it up doing more and more

>Stop wallowing in defeat about what you don't have, and learn to cherish all the things you do have

you think I don't know this shit? It's clear as fuck what I need to do. the problem is I _cant_ and I don't know why I can't.

Like going to the gym, or losing weight, or whatever. If I could do it, I'd have fucking done it.

kek.
the best post in this thread.

nah, I'm fucking awesome

You are wrong.

I've benefited society enough to be happy. Unlike most everyone else I am more than happy to be a cog in the infinite machine.

I woke up as a 19 year old burnout. I've got a shit job but with people I genuinely like being around. I've got a girlfriend of about a year and a half. I've got a cat roughly 2 years old and healthy, and I'm renting a single home apartment in a good neighborhood. Once spring really gets here I'm going to get my driver's license and I plan on attending college in the fall to actually learn how to contribute to the growth of humanity through physics. I'd rather end up a teacher for a subject I'm passionate about than stagnating in a menial labor job serving drunk college kids paying with their parents' money

> I'd rather end up a teacher for a subject I'm passionate about than stagnating in a menial labor job serving drunk college kids paying with their parents' money

Honestly can't tell if this is satire and it's all the more beautiful for it.

What the fuck did you just say about me? I'll have you know I can lift a fully-grown horse above my head, and I can hold my breath for ten minutes.
To settle a wager, I once ate a pound of P.B Fouke's strongest badger poison and then ran a mile in the nude.
I cannot feel pain, and I can see for two miles unaided by a lens. No man can kill me.
I have beaten a man of every race in formal combat, including a Turk, a Pygmy Negro Man, and a rare Deepwater Jew.
A medical doctor and two priests have written and signed a document confirming I have no soul.

You're trying too hard.

stop reading fight club

Your definition of great is being a general?
Its not the 5th century you can be great and not be a glorified murderer

Not satire but I see the joke. I've just found that I miss the constant learning. Once I leave town to start college I'll stop smoking weed and try to feel less empty and confined by figuring out the intricacies of how the universe operates at the most fundamental levels. Science and math have been around and the same since the beginning of the universe. I'll also stop coming here probably.

Nah. I'm a comfortable follower, not a leader.

>Does it ever bother you? That you'll never be important or influential?
>that i care what direction the human race is going in
your a fucking faggot OP

I had all the potential, but i wasted the most important years of my life crying over my dead family(lost them in a car crash when i was 15), i still miss them, i spent my college days in bars & pubs, was a serious alcoholic, then dropped out of college & turned to drugs, wasted good 4-5years to heroin, & now that I'm trying to get back up I can't cause I'm broken, i waste, at it hurts when my old school teachers message me on fb that they thought I'd grow up to be a scientist or an inventor, or an astronaut. I mean I could've been anything i wanted but now it's too late

people wont forget me because im the biggest feminist in the human history

This is true, but I'm glad : I'll never be OP

Become the batman