Im in a german fraternity wich still does the traditional fencing with sharp swords, ask me anything!

Im in a german fraternity wich still does the traditional fencing with sharp swords, ask me anything!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_fencing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dueling_scar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foil_(fencing)#Scoring
vice.com/en_us/article/frauleins-dig-them-0000573-v22n2
youtube.com/watch?v=lUh5exBJXBU#t=155
youtu.be/L2m2H6DiLEI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

are you all nazis?

Why is he smiling? Do you get high off the rush?

we are no nazis, but there are other fraternitys wich are.

hes smiling cause he made it through the fight relatively ok

post more pics. Also what kind of weapons? Rapiers?

What's the worst injury you have seen? And more pictures please. And pretty sure Nazi activism is illegal in Germany?

Since OP is such a slowpoke I'll share some quick links I found
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_fencing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dueling_scar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foil_(fencing)#Scoring
vice.com/en_us/article/frauleins-dig-them-0000573-v22n2

Schlaeger I think.

yes nazi activism is illegal, thats why some fraternitys are watched by intelligence agencys.

the weapons are about 85 cm long rapiers, yes.

the worst injury ive seen was something like this (pic related)

found a vid about the whole ordeal

youtube.com/watch?v=lUh5exBJXBU#t=155

So did you flinch? Do you have your honour?

Not going to lie, that's pretty fucking metal Sup Forumsro

How is it, to actualy dual someone with the certainly of injury?
How many duals have you won before?
Why do you people fence eachother?

It seems like a pretty cool thing to do anyway, good luck with any further matches.

bierjunge du scheiß phritte

are there any jews or blacks in your group and are they better fighters?

Fencing isn't done with swords. And only the tip is sharp

do you know the origins of fencing? Do you have fun stories to tell?

ive done 8 matches so far. its not about winning, more like fighting your fear by training realy hard about half a year for 1 match!

since now i had 27 needle prints and gave my oponents about 40.

How much and how often do yo drink alcohol?

At least part of the German spirit still lives on

Not OP but it's mainly about the scarring. It's to show your courage and nice scars generally make people respect you more. Interestingly blows are usually aimed at the left side of the face.

Risky behavoir with young men is explained by the fact that if they get ahead early in life, they get a head start of the others. Proudly wearing the scars grants you respect among those who are aware of the ritual. Same with sports or any other forms of competition. In the end it's all about genetic competition within the population, or in short: Bigger scars get you laid more

I used to be a B in foil and an A in epee. (In the USA.) At one point I was FIE internationally rated top 250, missed top 100 by 1 touch.

Very rare to hear about fencing any more.

Thanks for answering, it seems like a very tradical sport.

Again, good luck in the future.

>durr I've never heard of this so let me just post my dumb first thoughts without reading the thread

its not only the tip wich is sharp, front side is 45cm sharp, back 30cm.

in this musicvideo you can see how a match is like: youtu.be/L2m2H6DiLEI

Also thanks for aswering

the injurys are called "schmiss" in german, google pics helps you if you want to see pics

You're welcome

Got some more info? Like is it about internal fighting or is it about proving your fraternity's worth when duelling other fraternities.

every fraternity has a specific number of matches you have to do to still be allowed to stay in the fraternity. there are standard matches for this purpose and matches for honor of the fraternity and personal honor if you have a fight about anything with a student from another fraternity.

How similar is it to regular FIE fencing? Would an experienced FIE guy just slay you all?

I can appreciate that. I'm very interested. Looking at that video, you can see the guy CONQUER his fear and take the hits like a man. They should have this for teenagers really. They won't be bitch made, that is guaranteed.

Are you hoping to get a Otto skorzeny "Schmiss" ,
Aryan chicks dig giant facial scars

Nice trips - sounds like fun. What's the age range of the members?

Nah, they use an umbrella handle toothpick to play electronic tag. Completely different mentality.

what's yout opinion on Italy?

It looks like a boot.

its not similar to olympic fencing, you basicaly stand in front of each other and are not allowed to move anything but the arm with the rapier. the same arm has big leather around it so you can block the hits with it. if you move, even when you got hit, you get disqualified.

Corps oder Burschenschaft?

Corps

Pussy!

That's like the old time boxing rules. You used to not be allowed to dodge punches or run around the ring.

That must be the most retarded looking sport I've ever seen in my life