Why haven't you joined the crpg intellectual masterrace yet Sup Forums?

Why haven't you joined the crpg intellectual masterrace yet Sup Forums?

Are thought provoking games just a little too much for your inferior brain to handle?

But it's ok to be a COD brainlet though, as long as you recognise us as your superiors.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nt5mWCEsi-w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not sure if ready to trust inxile yet

>Numenera
>not Age of Decadence
Fuck off hype babby

>babby
>>>/CoD/

>posts a brand new CRPG thats hyped to death
> CRPGs have been a thing for decades
>look at me guys, im a genius for playing it and its popular too
As i said, fuck off to FB if you want to brag about new releases. Besides, its inferior to original by far.

are you trying to say it's a thought-provoking game?
nigga...

>Besides, its inferior to original by far.
... And the truth is revealed. The autistic elitist must always reveal itself.

>new one is not as good as original
>y-you autistic elitist
>Are thought provoking games just a little too much for your inferior brain to handle?
>elitist
Go away shill

what game is that in te screenshot?

>2017
>crpg
choke on a dick you fag
also, sage

49 fucking dollars...

pokemon go

>mentioning the facts is elitism
Yeah nah m8, you're a shit cunt.

Thats Age of Decadence, a spiritual successor to original Fallout games from last year.
It accomplished much more with a fraction of resources Numenera obtained.

Can't comment on numenera or aod too much because I haven't played either yet. But games development is about making money, and it looks like numenera is actually a solid enough game from the reviews. It would mean less net profit if they make it too good.

Haven't much experience with these kind of games even though i've been playing vidya for 12+ years or so but this is what these "oldschool" kind of games feels like to me
>I think it was divinity : original sin or pillars of eternity or both
>start game
>create character(s)
>finish "tutorial"
>everything going ok
>dig up some tombstones
>get fucking pwned
>try to fight a few zombies
>get destroyed
>accept some quests other quests
>somehow cannot complete it
>wat is dis
>b-b-but I enjoyed the shadowrun serie & fallout 1 and 2
>never again

Game reviewers dont even understand what having score beneath 75% means. Steam reviews gave it quite low rating in fact.

Game is 6/10 and totally safe, just as any other big budget mainstream CRPG. They dont give two shits about " thought provoking games".
If you want cookie cutter things i suggest you stick with Hollywood movies.

Because video games are for dullards.

it's about ethics in journalism

git gud

>gaming journalism
youtube.com/watch?v=Nt5mWCEsi-w

Generally a 7/10 means average to most people I think. And it makes sense to review things that way, because people always respond positively to optimism.

If you make a sequel to some 9/10 game and end up with 6-7 while having a massive kickstarter you failed at your pitch.
Even Pillars of Eternity which arent "that" groundbreaking had lesser budget and shorter dev time and surprisingly more content and choices. Torment choices are literally only writing on the wall at end and dont impact world at all.

I think the fact that you do not impact the world at all was actually a design choice. Just something I read leads me to believe that as a possibility, still haven't actually played it.

If thats the choice they failed at design decisions.

Maybe. But at least they attempted something different.

Actually no, they licenced a setting and did everything as safe as possible.
Even Tyranny tried more.

I was talking about in one instance though, where they did the opposite of what most rpgs do. Focusing on making everything you do insignificant rather than doing the big indestructible hero thing. Done well, it could be a good idea maybe. But it goes against what everyone wants in an rpg, which is probably why nobody has done it.
I'm not saying it's a unique idea either by the way, just that nobody does it.

You're all fucking retarded.

your*