A centuries year old Space Marine Officer has been severely injured in battle near the point of death and...

>A centuries year old Space Marine Officer has been severely injured in battle near the point of death and ineffectiveness!
>Quick! Let us put him in a Dreadnought so that he can continue to fight for the Emperor.
>LET US TREAT THIS OFFICER OF CENTURIES WORTH OF EXPERIENCE AS A MERE WAR MACHINE
Why?
Why can't dreadnoughts assume their old ranks and become some sort of sentient tank once they bite it?

Some do if they are revered enough. Otherwise they are the perfect siege weapon/and can take heavy fire since they all want to die again anyways so they act as a decoy and bullet sponge

Why didn't the Emperor just tell the Primarchs about chaos?

Why didn't the Emperor just send the War Hounds/Custodians down to help Angron's gladiator bros?

Why didn't the Emperor just tell Horus what he was up to?

Why didn't the Emperor just find a more tactful way of telling Lorgar to stop building a cult around him?

>not respecting your Dreadnoughts as the gods of war that they are
>thinking they're mere war marchines

The AI (Machine Spirit) that comes with the Dreadnought sarcophagus literally drives you mad over time.

That is why, but some chapters do allow their Dreadnoughts to assume leadership roles.

>Why didn't the Emperor just tell the Primarchs about chaos?

Didn't want them to get corrupted, his plan was to weaken Chaos by making it seem "not real".

>Why didn't the Emperor just send the War Hounds/Custodians down to help Angron's gladiator bros?

He wanted Angron to be an angry pawn, his rage was needed for the trials of the Great Crusade.

>Why didn't the Emperor just tell Horus what he was up to?

He didn't trust any of his sons at that point (especially after the council of nikea).

>Why didn't the Emperor just find a more tactful way of telling Lorgar to stop building a cult around him?

He wanted to make an example out of him for all the other legions (don't fuck with me).

All of these things are good criticisms. For an essentially perfect being the Emperor kind of sucks. "There's no such thing as spirituality, mysticism, religion, or magic. Just ignore that Chaos stuff I didn't tell you about."

What the fuck was his problem?

1: Because if any of them actually subscribe to it (Lorgar since he was a weak bitch) then people start believing chaos and the gods get more powerful. The whole point of the Imperial Truth was so that no gods were believed in and Chaos would be way less powerful
2: He's an idiot/possibly that planet worshiped some form of the Blood God
3: He's a little stupid/arrogant
4: He needed to smash and destroy any worship of any Godly being with an iron fist. Didn't work out though

They're more like war artifacts. Each one is treated with huge respect and reverence just because of how irreproachable they are let alone the crippled muhreen inside them.
The fact they still get blown up en masse like monkey model T-55s is just standard 40K grimdarkness in practice.

>since they all want to die again
Sounds like hell

>weaken Khorne by acting like he exists
He feeds on war and violence. Just acting like he isn't there won't make him go away.

Well wouldn't you want to die if your machine spirit slowly drove you insane during the little time they awaken you? Space Marines live for battle and a lot of them go crazy not being able to feel the kill as it happens. Makes even loyalist dreads go crazy

Not openly worshipping Khrone would still have "weakened" him his the primary psychic race in the galaxy wasn't directly feeding him like they were doing indirectly.

Imagine if the Great Crusades had actually worked and most of the Galaxy was pacified, that would have been a tremendous impact on the warp god's powers.

did your dad tell you everything?

>tfw you'll never purge the heretic as well as the xenos scum

>Imagine if the Great Crusade had actually worked
It might have worked if he hadn't been so fucking secretive, and talked to someone about his plans besides that fucking weirdo Malcador.

They made the Emperor way too flawed imo.

He was planning on disbanding the navigators guilds and rebrand space travel for the entire empire.

If the navigators found out about this they would have shut down space travel for everything.

'I know some people think me omnipotent, but there is a catch with being all powerful and all knowing.
You can't be both at the time time."
~Emp

You can tell your 20 sons without telling everyone in the Galaxy. Odds are they could keep their mouths shut.

He always genocides his pawns after he's finished with them

Never forget the Thunder Warriors

>Why can't dreadnoughts assume their old ranks and become some sort of sentient tank once they bite it?

Because after you die you basically lose all sense of self

>For an essentially perfect being the Emperor kind of sucks.

Well he IS the winner of "worst father in the galaxy" award

They wouldn't though, Navigators' are notoriously powerful psykers, they would have found out while out on crusade due to exposure or in turn used by sons against him (imagine if Horus knew this information before the rebellion).

Emps was ironically correct in not telling any of his sons about that plan or he would have lost the civil war.

Yup, pretty smart fluff move on GW part honestly to come up with this. Explains a lot.

>You can tell your 20 sons without telling everyone in the Galaxy.
Which ones? The one who has an almost homosexual obsession with you? The one who thinks you are Jesus? The one whose friends you all let die just to be a fucking asshole who has nails in his fucking brain? The one whose obsessed with himself? The sociopath one?

Who is the best chaos god and why is it Mal'al?

>not based papa nurgle
She Who Thirsts is also acceptable

Retconned 15 years ago m8

>and become some sort of sentient tank
More efficient in the crunch

For a very low cost the dreadnought gives a player
>great anti-infantry
>good anti-tank with twin-linked lascannons
>flamer weapons
>power fists
>a lot harder to kill than just a standard space marine (though with focused anti-armor fire, they're dead in 2 turns)

tanks are expensive

HE WILL NEVER BE GONE IN MY BOOKS.

The problem is the Emperor didn't know how the chaos worked so he was wrong anyway.

The guy thought that worship and faith was what gave the chaos gods power, but the reality was it was just our normal emotions that did that.

>She Who Thirsts is also acceptable
Until the Horned Rat shows up in 40K at least

No answer is final. The chaos gods both feed off of worship and what we feel/do. You can't stop war or seeking perfection/knowledge or just being fucking gross so you may as well cut their power intake in half so nobody believes in them

>The problem is the Emperor didn't know how the chaos worked so he was wrong anyway.

The Emperor had the most intimate relationship with Chaos than anyone else in the entire galaxy.

He literally made deals with them and took power from all the gods.

nice Chaos propaganda m8

Horus did the same thing, read the new fluff if you're interested.

I'll be damned if I accept the fucking Skaven coming into 40k.

I already make it a hobby to smash their rat faces in when playing Blood Bowl.

Christ.

Even when Ward leaves us, his spectre still haunts the writing.

>not Nuffle

Solkan is best, but he only existed in Fantasy

>every question in this thread

Tell that to the Sons of Malice

Nuffle isn't actually a Chaos God though, everyone in the setting just assumes he is because they figured only one of them could come up with something like American Football.

>Implying he isn't Gork and Mork now

Horus falling to Chaos is literally the main plot point of the backstory

>Doubting the greatness that is Nuffle
nigga you just double skull rolled.

Well no, Horus made a deal with them but the Emperor actually just stole the power

Emperor made a deal with them and then stole power, so they both made deals.

What is the most unoriginal, least creative race in WH and 40k? Just curious.

Because Dreadnoughts can't be active as much as normal marines. They spend most of their time hibernating and the older they are the longer they hibernate to not fry their brains.
At least the Space Wolves let their 10 000 years old dreadnought (who met the Emperor) be a field leader, but he's basically venerated by everyone already.

In Warhammer it's the High Elves, boring to play against and boring to play as

Grey Knights

Technically a faction and not a race, but the Bretonnians in fantasy.

It's literally just King Arthur and his knights. There's absolutely nothing unique in their lore.

Nonsense, they also have bootleg Joan de Arc

Ok fine, they threw some French shit in there. Which still counts as the latter Arthur stuff was written by a Frenchie.

Hey at least they're fun to play, unlike some armies

40k races are quite unique. But the Imperial Guard regiments are carbon copy of real life soldiers from the 18th century till today and Starship Troopers.
And some Space Marine chapters are just _____ in space.

I prefer Beastmen/Chaos Warriors.

>Have faction entirely based around knights
>Give Chaos better cavalry
That was some hot bullshit

In a perfect world. the CW would be riding on the shoulders of Beastmen for double bashy

dude, you accidentally posted on Sup Forums not /tg/...

ANYWAYS.

Real 40k Movie when?

I think Dredd is the closest we will ever get. Adeptus Arbites are no laughing matter

>Many memes on Sup Forums... New memes...

More like Horus Heresy TV series when?

>current year wh40k
enjoy your 50% female space marines

I would be fine with sister of battle

Bolter bitches are only good as mashed to pulp and used as armor paint.

>HBO miniseries of the Horus Heresy

would be good

>Real 40k Movie when?

it would be too violent to do any justice to in a hollywood market that is going after four-quadrant markets.

i don't know that much about 40k or /tg/ things in general but i know a decent 40k film would basically cormac mccarthy's 'blood meridian' in space when it comes to the graphic violence factor.

How come the nids never clashed with Chaos?

Does anyone else hope that GW will let Elf Loki do something cool? Like maybe he kidnaps back Nurgle's Elf prisoner goddess

They know to stear clear of it

But Nids have clashed with Chaos plenty of times in fluff

The Eye of Terror has barely any bio-mass, they have no reason to go there to start with even before the Norn Queens start screaming about fuck this

I don't know if the Ctan were retconned or not but didn't the nids have like, the great devourer Ctan behind them and also making them? Like the guy that specializes in killing gods and shit

C'Tan are pokemon now