Putting my dog down tomorrow and I feel pretty shitty

Putting my dog down tomorrow and I feel pretty shitty.
Black lab, bad hips since he was a puppy, 10 years old now and he's having a hard time walking. I know it wouldn't be fair to have him living in pain, but I just love him so much.
No matter what, today is his last day because I know it should be done.

Sup Forums, how did you feel putting down your dog?

:(

Had to put my dog down cause he bit someone. this someone also alwawys triggered him. was a doberman and tomorrow it´s been 4 years.
4 Months ago i got a new one. Named Sam.

Was pretty emotional back then

forgot pic

I'm sorry to hear that OP, animals are often our closest companions. I had to put my cat down this fall and it was very hard because believe it or not she was always nicer to me than almost anyone else. I highly suggest spending time, really making the most of your last time together, and give him a good send-off to doggo Heaven. Treats, snuggles, play, anything that will help you have good memories!

i know you probably imagine all the good times you had with the sucker, all the times it acted like a retard, all the times it was cute but its okay its for him. You have to just find a way to beat the shit out of it, like take a shovel maybe, or even a baseball bat, hit it over the head a couple of times try running it over with a car you know how it goes. Good luck user

did you get him as a puppy?

you fucking cunt.

dog has been suffering all its life with bad hips, but now its got to the point where you cant bear to see it any more, you decide its time to end it.

and dont tell me it hasnt suffered - congential defects cause suffering. form birth.

Had a dachshund that had to be put down.
Really hit hard since I literally found out and had to put him down like 30 min later.
Already dished out money for vet, they said they could do surgery for around a 1000$, but they said there was still a chance he wouldn't pull through.. so had to go with the latter.
It's a bitch,

OP, I did this 10 years ago, it was very hard for me too. Just tell to yourself you've done the roght choice.

Feel bad for you mate.

I have a black lab puppy

Sorry, user :(

Around 6 months old
He improved after we opted for surgery, but his quality of life declined in the last few month

sorry Sup Forumsro

Which iteration ? I have become exceedingly efficient at it

Throw him a party, man. Ya know like that one copy pasta where they took their dog to the groomer and dog park one last time and bought him a bunch of cheeseburgers from mcdonalds. I literally can't even read that shit without losing it.

How did it feel? Bittersweet I guess. Hard but it was the right thing to do. Long life to you in the stars, spacepupper

sup dude. Experienced exactly the same thing. My lab was 14 and couldnt walk with his backlegs. He was happy though, you could tell by his tail. We decided to put him down in our home with a vet. Felt shitty aswell, but he couldnt walk and it was so sad. Now he is burried in the garden and we light a candle sometimes. I hope you get through with it, op

shut up

Tough spot to be in user. I rescue older dogs or dogs that have been there the longest. I have put down 6 dogs in my life, plus 5 cats. It is never easy. Only time makes it easier, even then, I still shed tears if I think too deeply about each one.
You're making the right decision, and glad it's for him, not you.
Pupper 1. Chloe Marie husky/poodle

feels like shit op....hold him close while the deed is done. if you don't say goodbye properly, you'll regret it your entire life.

man up for your best freind

Oops, forgot picture.

Pupper 2, Margaret Louise West Highland White Terrier with pupper 3. Murphy he's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

Don't beat yourself around it, OP. You're doing the merciful thing. No one deserves to live in constant pain.

Remember to make a little grave for loyal doggo.

Yea, I'm sure everything will get better with time, I'm just worried how my younger dog will react. He doesn't do anything without my black lab Max. He won't even go outside without Max.

Was the guy a nigger ?
If so you could have just said that he was a threat to you and your dog did its job by protecting you and then dog go woundent be dead

I think the worst part will be not hearing the tail wag when you walk through the door...

It sucked he had cancer so it was the best choice. I still miss him almost 6 years later. He was always great with our kids. Now I'm fucking depressed thanks a lot OP.

He'll probably look around for his buddy for a day or 2, then he'll mope around. I've seen it many times. My dogs got clingy when one of them leaves the house for the last time.
Majestic as Fuck.

They leave a really empty house. You realize how many sounds were associated with them.

>Be armyfag
>Be Afghanistan, 2010
>mangey ass stray dog starts hanging around the FOB
>we give it scrap food sometimes
>starts hanging around more 'Cause easy food
>we should give this mofo a name
>Lord Mangington
>Start getting raw meat from the cooks every day for Lord Mangington.
>In return, he chases off/eats all the fuck off huge spiders and shit
>take Lord Mangington for rides in the carriers whenever we have a convoy
>one day the filty sandnigger that drives the pump truck for cleaning out the porta-jons brings his kid to work.
>Kid smashes Lord Mangington in the face for no reason
>Lord Mangington bites the shit out of the kid
>my sides.jpg
>later, FOB commander says we have to kill all the stray dogs we see for PR reasons.
>even Lord Mangington
>get told to do it
>go see cooks
>get fuck ton of meat scraps
>give meat to Lord Mangington
>So much food, best moment of his life
>Shoot him in the back of the head so he doesn't see it coming
>feels badman.jpg

I had to do this with my 13yo GSD a little over 2 months ago. It sucks. It was the first animal I've ever had to put down. I still feel traumatized by the experience but I owed it to her to be with her at the end. The vet herself was great, but no amount of calm, professional, compassionate care can make that situation OK. I sobbed like a little bitch the whole time. Still tearing up just typing this.

Love your dogbro while you can.

You should buy a cat.

There is no such thing as buying an animal, surely you've never owned an animal, but there is no way to adequately describe the emotional connection between you and your pet.

Hey there op I had a half collie half lab for 11 years and he was best pal poor dude went blind and then got cancer. Its gona be tough all I can say is im so sorry for you it was like losing a little brother. But what your doing is right my dog was in a lot of pain but I know heed of toughed it out a few months more but he was suffering. Your doing the right thing im so sorry I really am.Rip .

>raised a mutt when i was underaged
>family beat him
>i grew up to be an addict
>i beat him
>learn from our mistakes and try to rehab the guy
>give him a bath and get bit a lot. the blood from the fleas almost makes me pass out.
>i'd let him bite me just so i could give him flea meds.
>continue this for years. then my sister has a kid
>doggo goes after kid not knowing better. family decides to put him down.
>i dug the hole. he watched. i buried him.
>almost 5 years later and i still sit over his grave and wish to see him again when i die. i bring beer and lunch for him.
>neighbors still think "the big orange dog" is still alive and are afraid of him.

Lord Mangington was pleased with his time with you. Read A Dog's Purpose.

Just cut his legs off and buy him a wheel chair. You don't need to put him down fagot.

Bummer dude. My lab was a young stray when we found him. Turned out to be the best damn dog anyone could ask for. Was healthy as a horse until he ended up with cancer at around 10 years old. Spread real quick and I had to do the right thing and stop his suffering. It's hard as shit.