Chinese VS Japanese

Which language is better and why?

Should I study Chinese? Or should I study Japanese?

Justify your answer.

1. A dead language nobody speaks outside of a shitty set of island
VS
2. Second most spoken language in the world of the future #1 biggest economy

Both of them are languages with their own advantages.
It depends on why do you want to learn a new language, user.

both usuless shit

Japan has better culture
China has more economic advantages

Chinese people are cunts tho

Well, I'm not a huge anime fan. I prefer Western animation tho.

Chinese then? Ameriball made a good point.

I feel sympathy for both, but I'm not that obsessed with Japanese animation.

Mandarin or Cantonese? I can't even stress how difficult it is to learn Chinese, a slight difference in tone can change the meaning.

Cantonese is only useful in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau
So yeah, unless you specifically plan to go there, just learn Mandarin

Besides, people who speak Cantonese often learn Mandarin too, so they will be able to understand you anyway

Who cares, pick the language whose culture you enjoy

id rather kill myself than learn chinese

Chinese

you know how it is

If I were a foreigner, I would choice Chinese. Most Japanese Kanji(Chinese characters) have multiple readings. It's way worse than English spelling.

「に、日本語はむ、難しいんだぞ。世界一難しい言語を話している俺かっけーふひひ」

きっしょネトウヨは死ね。

Whichever will be fun for you, you'll fail if you're trying to self teach something you don't enjoy. Practicality will be nice but it's not going to keep you interested.

>Cantonese is only useful in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau
Practically nobody speaks Cantonese in Taiwan. They speak """taiwanhua""" ergo hokkien (fujianhua).

Also, they don't use it with you if you're foreign. They feel it's their sooper seekrit language they can use to badmouth whitey with impunity.

Would you rather speak to quite a few nice and decently educated people or a handful of mean well educated people and a gorillion rice farmers? Your choice

The kind of people that learn Japanese are so fucking insufferable though.

korean is better than either of those. sounds more pleasant, written script is super logical, and you don't have to memorize a billion runes or speak in disgusting tones

You can't master Japanese or Chinese definitely. Study Portuguese , sir.

What's wrong with this pic? Communism definitely fucked up the Chinese psyche, but why shouldn't the Manchu conquest and the Century of Humiliation also not get some of the blame?

Hey OP, I was having the same conflict seven years ago, and I ultimately decided to learn Chinese.

I don't regret it. Living in China really helped me grow as a person. Chinese are much more friendly and laid-back than Japanese; so I didn't find it hard to make Chinese friends. China is also an incredibly diverse country so there's tons of places to travel to and tons of food to try. I also personally find modern Chinese society to be much more interesting than anything going on in Japan currently. I also feel Chinese has helped my job opportunities more than Japanese ever could.

However, if you don't think you could handle living in a developing country, don't go to China, it can be very stressful and not everyone can handle it. You can still go to Taiwan though and while I personally haven't been there, everyone I know who has been to Taiwan loves it.

Admittedly though, China's cultural output can't match Japan's. C-pop sucks compared to j-pop for instance (although I know a lot of good indie Chinese bands). I think I'm going to start studying Japanese soon now that my Chinese is mostly fluent since I'm still a weeb at heart and like animu and J-pop.

Chinese for economic advantage.

Japanese for your weeb shit desires and culture understanding.

But then again, Kanji does use Chinese characters. So I would say go for Chinese if you're keen on learning Japanese in the future.

>But then again, Kanji does use Chinese characters. So I would say go for Chinese if you're keen on learning Japanese in the future.

This. Once you've learned thousands of hanzi, you can laugh in the face of weebs who bitch about learning a few hundred kanji

Chinese people will speak to you in English.

Japanese people can't speak English so study that.

Aren't you a hardcore chinaboo? Why are you even asking this question when there is an obvious answer.

If you're a weeb, study Japanese

If you're a sinoboo, study Chinese

If you're both, study both

Learn Chinese.

Stay away from Japan.

Thanks.

Which is easier to learn first as an English speaker?
What are the absolute easiest ways to learn each?

t.English teacher who wants Japan as his personal playground/brothel

>absolutely easiest ways to learn each
Like with any language, constant practice. Especially with Chinese, since you need to get the tones down just right.

Chinese.
I hope you aren't interested in everything about Japan.

japanese^_^

Rather it is only confusing. English and Chinese are much more grammar than Japanese and Chinese.
You are an idiot Chinese.

>Manchus
>Iron fist
Stopped reading right there.

>Chinese for economic advantage.

Ahahahahaaa LOL, Chinkporea---n

Stay away from east asian languages unless you're a masochist.

it's either
>bad language
or
>another bad language
/thread

Looking at the history, when Japan and China clash with each other, the Chinese dynasty has usually been destroyed, so if the Chinese Communist Party disappears the problem will mostly be solved.

Why would you want to study Chinese or Japanese?

To be fair, as far as you, on a personnal level, are concerned opportunities exist in both countries
Both countries need people who are bilingual. Japan has a shortage of workers in general, and an even sharper shortage of workers that speak both Japanese and [insert language]. China has a never ending demand for growth that require connections to the outside world.

I find that the opportunities I get in Japan are of better quality than those my friends in China get, you get treated better, but that's about it. The pay is also way more incremental with time in Japan than in China.

this picture makes no sense

this

He must be retarded.

>there's only one 201 grade you fucking idiot
>the Chinese 201 grade happened to be the same as Russian local 'industry standard' 201 steel (I guess some shared Soviet thing?)
So OP was in the wrong?

Give it 2 more decades when most commie era chinks dies, they'll get their culture back.

よし君さぁ君いい加減にしないと痛い目見るよ?

>sounds more pleasant
Hell no

Japanese easily has that advantage over all other Asian languages. Korean sounds a lot more similar to Chinese and Japanese doesn;t sound anything like those. I do like their writing system though.

if you want to lie, study English

>tfw nobody mentioned and nobody wants learn my language since 1963

you're on the super fast path to becoming another land of the setting sun yet don't have the full library of their culture yet

Where's Japan?

>there will be less and less ukrainian qts with each next generation

japan's not that bad, I think you're at 1.4-1.5

many europeans countries are in the same tier as you

I wonder why we lost 1mil people (I think?) last year then...

that was over five years but it was reported last year

european countries fluff it up with immigration, japan doesn't

Thanks for the info.
And this guy gets it. I'd just add that, if you want to have a good life in Japan, you should study something useful on top of that at uni. You can make a pretty comfortable living in a few years.

This is much less certain in China

It's easy for a Japanese person in Japan. They're not really interested in foreigners who've got a strong accent.

Chinese companies are splurging so much money into everything. Most Western companies also have heavy operations going on in China because everything gets made there. Having foreigners seems to also be some sort of an image thing for Chinese corps.

Why doesn't Slavus girl immigrate to Japan? Their man will be hated and thrust down to the sea, but the qts will be greatly welcomed.

>Why doesn't Slavus girl immigrate to Japan?
some do but that's not as easy to do as you might think

holy shit this actually really good reading about Chinese people attitude

according to Sup Forums, its no doubt chinese. because its useful, has a big potential for the future, relevant af in economy, benefits you, you can make money off it.

everyone on Sup Forums loves it.

just ignore weebs who learn japanese here. they merely pretend to learn it acting as if they are protags in anime, and are fucking minority as you know

learn mandarin.

Chinese

>tonal languages
into the trash it goes

Just pick the one you like the most. It always makes me cringe when people learn a language for "work opportunities". Unless you actually have to go work in a foreign country, don't learn the language you don't like it/ don't want to.

Those are both pretty bad choices.
If you study Chinese you doom yourself to dealing with backwards small-dicked savages.
If you study Japanese you tie yourself to a failing economy and the image of being a weeb.

What's stopping you from learning both? If you dont think of it as such a defined decision (all or nothing for either option) then youll have a bit less pressure making a choice.

One advantage Ive heard about learning chinese first and then japanese is that the understanding chinese writing gives you a good boost in learning kanji also chinese grammar is simpler than japanese.

I agree with japanese posters, yall should all learn japanese and go there

T.nippon expert