Dear Sup Forums

Dear Sup Forums,

How do I restore my faith in humanity? How do I cope with the fact that humans are intrinsically self-interested pieces of shit? Am I wrong? Am I crazy? Would talking to someone or counseling help me?

inb4 just kill yourself; been there, it's too scary

Alternatively enjoy a very slow cat dump.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/Zen-Training-Philosophy-Shambhala-Classics/dp/1590302834
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you restore it you're just going to get disappointed again.
Just turn on the TV and listen to the news, and laugh at tragedies knowing that a bunch of assholes died.

The news is just a bunch of misrepresented facts that serve the agenda of whatever political faction they happen to serve. At least US news is. There are some international sources that are good, but I find no pleasure in ordinary people being killed.

Be a decent person. Don't let people just shit on you, but don't shit on anyone without good reason.

Also yes, counseling would be good for you. Not the perfect answer but it's good to have a second opinion nonetheless.

Enjoy yourself fgt

I already practice this, in addition to just plain avoiding people I know are going to give me trouble.

I'm just not sure how counseling would help.

By realizing that you are also intrinsically a self centred piece of shit, and then join us in this eternal dance.

I try, but I cannot.

I already accept this. I think that is how I wound up in my current predicament.

I use to think i accepted it too. Then i actually did, and all was well.

Counselors give you suggestions to deal with your issue.

I dunno, user, I just learned to not give much of a shit to others while being good overall and focus more on myself. Been working so far.

Now this is a good post. I suppose I am trying to reject it still. I feel there is hope people could overcome their own mentalities if they could just be coaxed out of their thought bubbles. Is that the problem? That I am still hopeful I am wrong?

Like hobbies or something? I have stuff I like, but I'm pretty garbage at it.

Anyone enjoying the cats? Or is this old meme a cold meme?

Just do it, pal. Or join an ONG.

The important thing is that it's your choice.

ONG?

NGO, sorry, translation error.

I'd say that's a fair assessment. Sometimes you just gotta get your own. Take shit with a grain of salt, cuz at the end of the day none of us at all really know what in THE FLYING FUCK is going on. We just do our best.

Still NGO? Care to elaborate?

Non-Governamental Organization. Those places where you help people for free.

I want to understand though. I feel like we are on our way to self destruction as a species in the near future and that it's critical to make people think now in order to avoid it. That is why I am reluctant to resign myself to apathy on the subject.

I get my fill of volunteerism. It does nothing for me.

If you truly feel that way, go do something about it, because you ain't making any sort of impact on this god forsaken site.

How about a sport then? Like boxing.

Yea I get that, but what can I DO? I have no idea.

To me it seems you yourself are stuck in your thought bubbles. The only reason why we are living today is a great amount of self-interest in each of us. Maybe youre giving to much credit to how others act and talk instead of just doing what you think is best (for you and in general). It may be hard to accept sometimes but there is no right and wrong except in your mind, so accusing people for their actions is useless from the beginning.

My coordination is way super shitty to play sports. I keep myself at a decent level of fitness. Maybe I should kick it up a notch.

You literally have to spend a bunch of time coming up with your own ideas. Start writing shit down in private. Eventually it'll be like youre talking to yourself, and giving yourself great advice. ( I am no expert in whatever this subject is, but I am speaking from experience, and see a lot of myself in you.)

That's a fair point. I understand I am not more special than others and as such I am also stuck mentally, so I would like to take some steps to alleviate that.

That seems kind of dangerous if I myself am potentially untrustworthy.

Well what's your definition of trust? I trust people to know what they are doing. I trust that people for the most part, aren't crazy, just misunderstood. Get some counseling and shit too man. I must stress this again, this ain't a good place for people of your mental state. I don't even know if what I'm saying is helping rn, because to be quite frank, you're on Sup Forums, why would you take anyones advice on here?

Out of cats. Thank you for those who contributed, you've given me a bit to think about.

Should I dump something else or gtfo?

Actually if thats what you really want, there is at least one way to achieve it and that would be meditation. Thing is it will take you a fair amount of time depending on your constitution. Also its important to find someone how gives you practical advice for the beginning as well as a group youre comfortable with, makes it a lot easier. Doing it on your own may lead to frustration, chances are you will stop after a few times.

1. reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing; confidence.
confident expectation of something; hope.

But if I'm partially self deluded, as I think everyone is, then I cannot be sure if I'm correct about anything.

I dunno, user. I'll probably go talk to someone. I just wanted an outside opinion from people that have no personal investment in me.

As this post isnt very helpfull as well, Ill just give you something to read.

amazon.de/Zen-Training-Philosophy-Shambhala-Classics/dp/1590302834

Might consider that. I would certainly do it alone since other people are part of my problem.

Bookmarked for possible future use.

Right, the time you read it doesnt matter anyway.

Well, one who cant group up with others to get new perspectives will have to read a book I guess. Its my personal favorit in terms of practical advise and clearness.

counseling is gay, honestly reading hate comments would be more effective

smoke some weed and wonder where the fuck youre going to go in life

then when you wake up try and be successful and stop bitching about your problems to everyone my dude

Oh. That was just a random filename. It was simply a coincidence.

I am not going to use drugs to alter my mental state.

Your post is not helpful. Explain why you dislike counseling. Giving an unsupported opinion is not very objective.

Am I looking at a bad taxidermy job..or even worse, is that what they end up looking like?

Yes I am dumping my bad taxidermy folder.

Fuck you, use drugs to cope while you figure out what you wanna do

not hard shit though like heroin jesus

I see kek

Aside from clearing your mind, what about your life goals and dreams? You know future seems hopeless sometimes, there was a time when I suffered from depression and social anxiety. Today im being two weeks away from moving to another country, leaving everything behind and probably living there a simple but fullfilling life for the next years. Just what Ive wished for a long time.

I'm in the same boat OP

I am not interested in a crutch, I am interested in a solution. I can cope with daily life.

Goals? I'd like to make music that will inspire people. Preferably I'd like to be a great vocalist, but I sound like trash. So that's a no go. I play some other instruments and I've built some stuff but nothing that I think is good enough.

I also build furniture, not so much lately though, since it's been cold in the garage.

Can't really change jobs or move at the moment. Sometimes a change of pace can do wonders for you, but that's not the solution i'm looking for.

Trust me, it's nothing I've not dealt with before. The main difference is this time I realize I'm part of the problem.

Also about counseling. It may be helpfull but again it depends on your motivation to change something in your life whatever it may be. All they can do is give you advice and perspectives, well maybe medication if you have "actual problems", not saying you dont have any.

I'm not interested in medications. I find them to be a crutch, just like other drugs (weed etc). Eventually you have to learn to cope to be healthy. I realize that.

Right changing pace probably is the step after finding a solution so not much of a help as well. *thinking*