Jason Bourne

Just got back from this, it was pretty decent.

Only real complaints are the fast edits during action sequences that are mildly irritating, and two plot contrivances that were pretty stupid.

1. CIA assign an operator to take out Bourne. About a third of the way through the movie there's a what-a-twist that it's personal, Bourne's actions in the last film indirectly caused the operator to be captured and tortured. Another third of the way there's another what-a-twist that this operator also killed Bourne's dad when he was younger. It's pretty stupid.

2. The whole way through the film the operator pursues Bourne into public areas, refusing to stop when ordered, killing innocents, it's his only reason for living. Then he and Bourne run into each other, Bourne with a bullet-wound, and the operator turns and flees. Runs. ....Why??? There's then a massive chase sequence. It's fucking retarded.

Pretty cool moments littered throughout the movie, Tommy Lee Jones is better than Brian Cox or the dude in the first one. New chick is awesome, like her a lot.
Cool music and Bourne has great fight scenes when its not with an equal (like against police officers etc.).

Probably go a 7/10. Anyone else seen it? What did you think? Also happy to answer any questions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tixR-sd4ddE
youtu.be/q-0we1614_U?t=83
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its out already?

The first screening here (Australia) was nearly ten hours ago. I saw it just over three hours ago.

hows vikander

Oh, that's the "new chick" I mentioned. She was very good. I haven't seen Ex Machina so I didn't recognise/know her.

alicia vikander is a lousy actress. most of her scenes involve her putting on an undecipherable expression and just reading her lines. she adds no depth to the story. she was lauded in Ex Machina because she was playing a robot with minimal facial expression.

the plot was pretty shallow and contrived in all, with no real driving storyline that viewers can follow

basically a generic straight-up agentman revenge story, with jason bourne going on a boring trailhunt for clues to his past again. the mystery and intrigue worked in previous films because they were both fresh and not completely cookie-cutter

overall a 6/10 just for the action

2/5 in my book

first movie - who am i
second movie - how did this happen
third movie - revenge and wikileak their asses, wins
fourth movie - who killed daddy
fifth movie - who sunk my moms credit score?
sixth movie - why did my stepson get a parking ticket?

It was such an unneccessary sequel and Alicia Vikander didn't even get fucked in the literal sense.

What a fucking cutieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

BRWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

Does Extreme Ways play at the end? Please tell me it does.

Yes, it does. The opening bars play right before the end credits and then there's a bit of other score music before the song plays over the credits.

Alicia will never shit on your chest.

youtube.com/watch?v=tixR-sd4ddE

Literally just came out of the theater, it was alright a bit disappointed.

Obnoxiously fast cutting in action sequences.

I also wasn't really impressed by Vikander, strange pronounciations at times and not particularly expressive.

Which film is it most similar to in the franchise? I get a Bourne Ultimatum 2.0 with Edward Snowden social commentary vibe from the trailers.

OP here. Definitely more similar to TBU imo. Think they knew what worked and went for it. Not quite as good, though.

Well, sort of.

It was definitely a prevalent theme but strangely that was kind of a subplot in the story. Borne wasn't involved in it at all personally.

I don't like the added "they killed my father that's why I joined" plot point they added.

I was okay with that but a little pissed at who they made the killer.

Yeah that was very cheap

Tommy Lee Jones would've made more sense. Still a little contrived but less silly than the double-mirror-revenge coincidence and makes the whole "he'll be coming for me, he'll be coming for me" make more sense.
I was expecting young, CGI-deaged Tommy Lee Jones in the car.

Who plays the antagonist (operator)?

Vincent Cassel - he's the main guy in Black Swan.

4-5/10 imho

>had a literal "zoom and enhance!" scene
>shyamalan tier twists
>almost zero instances of bourne being resourceful (literally a bowl of tracking-devices sitting there and he just grabs one)
>vikander didnt get sexually brutalised
>every suspense/action sequence went for 3x longer than it needed to
>a bunch of other things as well that sucked

It was alright, nothing special. Few cringey moments, few cool moments. Pretty contrived overall but I do enjoy the Bourne series so whatever. Also Vikander is cute. 6.5/BWEE

Does it have the Bourne theme?

I really like the part with the "duh nun nun nun nun nun" right here

youtu.be/q-0we1614_U?t=83

yes it literally opens with this theme

>Tony Gilroy isn't the screenwriter

Why would you even go to watch this? It right away looks meandering, I bet it's worse than Ultimatum.

it was worse than supremacy

It wouldn't be a Bourne movie without Extreme Ways.

>Ultimatum was bad

The only thing good about this movie is Athens. It was fantastic. Aside from that meh.

Felt like a waste of good actors desu...

2/5

Identity > Supremacy > Ultimatum

Ultimatum apart from some action scenes is completely unnecessary and tells us no more about Bourne or his origins than the first two movies

For me it was

Supremacy>=Identity=Ultimatum

Does this new one keep that dark feeling?

Ultimatum is the best one.

You got it backwards, bud. The Bourne trilogy is the only trilogy where each movie is better than the one before it.

disagree. I think Supremecy is utter garbage from start to finish.

Identity is still my faviourite by a whisker because Greengrass' direction annoys me in EVERYTHING

Yeah a lot of weak dorks have trouble with the shaky cam. I bet you don't like 3D movies either cause they makes you nauseous and give you headaches.

What do people think of Old Bourne?

Well this is disappointing. I think I'll still see it in the theater anyway. There haven't been any good action movies this summer except for Civil War.

>someone disagreed with me on the internet

Simmer down autismo, 3D is fine when done right and horrible when shoehorned in.

Identity was a better film and better action sequences that Supremacy, in my opinion.

Ultimatum was probably better than both.

Did they fling the camera around the room during fight scenes to make it look more intense? I hate that shit is the Bourne series the most serious offender?