/who/ - Dr Who General

Resurrection of the Daleks edition? What did /who/ think of the episode with the highest death count?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lAnCpdSISgw
money.cnn.com/2015/03/11/media/top-gear-facts-jeremy-clarkson/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Previous on /who/

I like the time corridor.

Well shot
Well acted - mostly
Story had its moments
One of the better Davison stories
But I have zero interest in rewatching it any time soon.

What did you think? Arnold's theme for Eight is my all-time favourite.

First classic story i saw. Was alright i guess.

I'd take Joss "Kill all white men" Whedon over another season of Moffat any day tbqh.

>Andy Pryor: "You could see Peter’s excitement. He came to life. He was really responsive to Pearl. They had a chemistry."

CLALA CONFIRMED FOR BEING A BORING SHITE

I liked the time corridor too, hence why I mentioned it after listening to the Mutant Phase.

It was also one of the first serials I saw. It's probably my favourite 5 episode.

Yeah it's great. Not only is the theme good, but it's a nice break from the 15 4th doctor themes.

Just finished part 1, liking the story so far, and Charley seems good. It's also my first 8, and I'm liking him too, especially now that he's stopped talking to himself since he has a companion

Fuck off Joss.
What kind of a name is Joss anyway? Prick.

gr8 b8

It's not bait, friendo.

>It's not bait
Obvious sign of bait desu

Charley is legit my favourite companion. Just wait till you reach Chimes of Midnight. Eight and Charley in a Rob Shearman story with David Arnold to set the tone is basically my ideal moment of Doctor Who.

Nope. All the other auditionees for the Bill role confirmed for being boring shites.

If you hate Moffat so much, just watch the 8 eps per series that he doesn't write.

Why is Moffat so self-deprecating? It's as if he deliberately fuels his haters.

This is refreshing to see, actually. Wonder why he is particularly proud of some of those though.

>I think my departure was probably more in my head, subconsciously last year. Thinking I should tie up River, and do the solo episode, see if I can pull that off. When I agreed to do one more run I thought Sod it, I’m not doing the march to the scaffold. I want it to feel like a brand new show. I want it to feel like episode 1 of a new series. It's not some ghastly self-tribute or victory lap. I've no interest in offering some grand final statement on Doctor Who because what the hell would it be? Doctor Who is really awesome? No, I want to leave it as its all beginning.

Kinda cool desu. I'm not a fan of his work but it's hard to dislike him when I read stuff like this.

I started making self-deprecating comments as a child so that bullies wouldn't be able to use the same taunts against me. Maybe Moffat's the same.

Because those four are masterpieces. Scandal might be the only legitimately good episode of Sherlock.

I haven't been here for a bit,

Did we already discuss this?

Since when did people loathe Heaven Sent?

I though it was one of the best episodes in ages.

Multiple times. No one gives a fuck about Joss Whedon.

tumblrs favorite writer wants to head up one of tumblrs favorite shows, but only if it can be buffy 2.0, color me surprised.

Where can we read the rest of this interview?

>Since when did people loathe Heaven Sent?
I don't know if they count as 'people' but we've all seen the screencaps of a few odd people on GB saying they fast forwarded it and it was 'boring' etc, probably turned off a few casuals as well.

Fuck...is it happening? Am I actually sad Moffat is leaving? Fuck

Buy the magazine.

But that's not Gareth

Far too much hair.

Meh. The epitome of "muh dark, edgy Saward Who." Has its moments though, especially Tegan's departure.

Here

So Peter will stay with Chibnall?

Maybe.

Don't talk to me

Thank fuck joss is never going to write for doctor who

I'm preparing myself for a future female doctor anyway, given the current political scenario I feel it could happen sooner than later, although I would really prefer it didn't

Half the NuWho writers are Buffy fanboys already, so it would be redundant. Like if George A Romero directed a Walking Dead episode.

No one cares shut up cunts

BBC are hypocrites when it comes to diversity - they'll fill the supporting cast with token race/gender/sexuality characters, but the protagonist is always still a white male because they're not completely detached enough to knowingly alienate their main audience

well, that's sad, but very good if it means we keep the doctor as it has always been

>they're not completely detached enough to knowingly alienate their main audience
Top Gear suggests this faith may be misplaced.

Top gear is actually an example of what I mean - they added in a shitton of 'supporting' hosts to meet the diversity quotas, but the two main hosts were white men
Fucking up top gear was more due to them completely failing to emulate the dynamic between the hosts

That's the worst dalek cosplay I've ever seen.

SHUT UP

STOP TALKING

CEASE AND DESIST

THERE'S A GOOD GIRL

Wow, The Magician's Apprentice's cliffhanger aged like shit but Peter still looks young!

NO SIR YOU SIR YOU WILL SEND US MR. JOHN SMITH

I don't understand what your point is then. You seem to have ignored my point and said something else vaguely related.

They alienated it's own audience which you say they would never do to DW.
It lost 400 million viewers worldwide and there is no evidence that chosing non-white leads would have kept the Clarkson loving audience m8.

>400 million viewers worldwide

you pulling these numbers out your arse m8?

Are you the trolling cunt m8?

Top Gear doesn't work without Jeremy Clarkson, and Jeremy Clarkson is a complete and total dickhead.

I'm asking a legitimate question you asshat. Post source brah.

They alienated TG's audience because they failed to achieve any type of banterous relationship between the hosts. They didn't think that far in.

They attempted to maintain the audience by keeping white men as the main hosts. This is how the BBC thinks, it's all about race and color to them rather than quality

Yes. That is correct. The dickhead act is also the thing that the fans loved and watched it for.

It worked because he was a complete and total dickhead. You could hate Clarkson's guts, and still find him hilarious. It's like he stepped out of a 70s britcom.

I haven't watched the show in years.
How many times has Davros died now?
youtube.com/watch?v=lAnCpdSISgw

>It lost 400 million viewers worldwide

Is English your second or third language m8?

People either hate him or love him. Mainly liberals that hate him.

>I haven't watched the show in years.
Shittest forced meme ever

>He's the one who broke the promise.
>He is my secret

>What I did, I did without choice...

>I know.

>...in the name of peace and sanity.

>But, not in The Name of the Doctor.

Stop dodging the question and provide the proof of your statement of 400 million viewers lost

Mainly autists who don't understand jokes or normal male banter.

>the NX truly is the hybrid

BRAVO MOFFAT

HOW DID HE KNOW?

so Liberals?

ye

I don't give two flying fucks if you don't believe it m8. Why would I? You're just trying to waste someone else's time as usual m8. You're a boring cunt.

>normal male banter

GOAT scene. Saved Name Of The Doctor from being forgettable poo.

pretending to be right wing meme is the second shittest meme

>makes bold claim
>can't prove it

top kek faggot

This forum is for 18yo and over mate. Please leave now.

I am not pretending senpachi. If you are triggered by that then maybe you should kys.

>senpachi

Can you say this in english please?

>400 million viewers worldwide

It's actually 400 billion m8. Get your facts right.

But its true. The episode was very forgettable but including the John Hurt scene at the end saved it because everyone was discussing him instead of how lame the actual episode was.

money.cnn.com/2015/03/11/media/top-gear-facts-jeremy-clarkson/

3. Global footprint: Top Gear plays in 214 territories worldwide and has an estimated global audience of 350 million.

>how lame the actual episode was

It doesn't matter if the episode is dog shit, someone on /who/ will always defend it because it's a moffat era ep.

>replying to yourself

pathetic

It's an okay episode. The whole buildup to them going into the tomb is fine. It only really falls apart at the end.

You're right sorry. It was pretty shitty.

Nope, he leaves in S10E12. Xmas 2017 will be co-written by Moffat/Chibnall and will introduce the new Doctor.

12 will die on Mondas, and will freeze to death stopping the cybermen. He will lend his coat to a homeless Mondasian out of compassion early on in the story, paralleling when 12 stole the coat from the homeless man in Deep Breath. The lack of coat will play a part in 12 freezing to death, and will see Davros' "compassion will kill you in the end" prophecy ring true.
The homeless man 12 will give the coat to will then save Bill from being upgraded into a Cyberman. Bill will then fall in love with the homeless man.

Screen shot this. I bet i'm right.

The only good part were the visuals.

>You're right
Thanks, I think the episode was GOAT.

Nope. He's staying for one more with Chibnall.

I don't agree that is was bad but it's very far from GOAT m8.

Yeah I hate episodes that build up to something only to have it be dissapointing. The Shakespeare Code and the Lodger have great climaxes, truly the epitome of what Doctor Who should be.

The Shakespeare Code is an absolute modern classic. As is The Caretaker.
Fantastically written.