Help me out with an idea Sup Forums

Help me out with an idea Sup Forums

I'm dm-ing a D&D game tomorrow, and one of the mini-quests is not all the way written.

The way I currently have it is that there is an enchantress(bard without music) and she instructs you to go on this quest that involves werewolves. That's literally all I have. I want her to be a very solemn character, I just can't think of a motivation for her to go after the werewolves. And I don't want it to be like she's just doing it because it's the right thing to do, she isn't that kind of character. There has to be more to it than that. On the opposite end, I don't want it to be like
>They stole my _____
>Get it back for me, anons

Any suggestions are welcome. I need it soon.

slaves. now the party has a moral choice to make.

Werewolves killed her kid

See, I thought of that too. But why wouldn't the werewolves just kill whoever they took captive? They are werewolves after all.

Shes supposed to be quite young.

But I do thank the suggestions. Keep em coming

Teen mom with a vengeance. Plot twist you uncover she set it up to rid her self of the burden and party can decided to kill her

ok what if the werewolvs have some sort of artifact that she needs/wants and says she wants to get rid of it but whats it for her self

Nah dog. She wants werewolf slaves. They make good guard dogs, and they aren't even real people so its not even inhumane. They are a disposable resource for her. She doesn't go after them because she has people to that for her. After all wrangling the werewolves is dangerous as fuck.

Hmm...You don't think that's too petty? I want the quest to be emotional

That kinda goes against her morals imo

then she can send them on other side quests makeing herself stronger pulling strings from the background

I just don't want her character to turn into a power whore

raped her sled dog team

Okay so this character obiously has some background for you at least. Provide some info

ok she needs there blood to cure a curs for her or some one

So, basically, all I really have is that she is chaotic good, but very dark and sobering, in that she deals with some dark shit and the party can tell. But I want her to be after more than just power or riches.

She's jealous because the dickwolves are raping the peasants, not her

I'd say she's crying and the werewolves enslaved her family or whoever and maybe when you visit the werewolves they are ripped to shreds and stuff and you'd have to tell her or something idk?

I actually kinda like this. Explain further. Deepen it

She sends the party to kill one of the werewolves who is in possession of an artifact of hers (ring, or other piece of jewelry).

The party goes to kill the werewolf only to discover that the jewelry matches a piece the questgiver was wearing at the time. Perhaps it's half of a locket or something similar.

Is the ring simply stolen? Perhaps the werewolf was the son/husband of the enchantress and she simply wanted them put out of their misery. Perhaps they were simply turned, and not killed as the enchantress thought originally. (Could the enchantress have cursed them/transmogrified them into a werewolf? Is that in their skill subset? If so if the party captures the werewolf things could get awkward fast as the enchantress turns on them.)

Either way the reveal that the jewelry belonged to a loved one of the questgiver and might be in fact said loved one could raise some fun questions.

It's really a well thought out trap and the enchantress wants to take something from/hinder the party

Thought about this too, but didn't get anything concrete. Any ideas?

She is a werewolf herself, and she needs the blood of the werewolf that infected her. That werewolf happens to travel in a local pack of werewolves.

What if we combine the both of these? That a loved one was bitten, or cursed in some other way, and the party needs the blood in order to reverse it?

Hmm, interesting. I kinda like this. I just don't want my party to think it's just some stupid fetch quest

ok thats cool so what if she sold here soul so everything she dos is for some demon lord that tells her what to do preping the party to be sloterd
to open a portal to the 9 hells

She needs the werewolves dead to access a sacred site for one of her rituals. The werewolves are the site's ancient guardians, but the encroaching villagers have made them something of a threat. The Enchantress gussies it up as helping the peasants, but what she wants is the shrine in the center of the werewolf territory. Why she needs that is up to you, and at this time can be left blank.

By selling her soul to a demon, she would become the exact definition of a power whore; selling her body for power.

The man she loves is a natural scientist studying the werewolves. She wants to be nomadic and on the road so she can earn enough coin to provide a good life for the two of them since he's all she has but he's fascinated with the werewolves. She just wants him to move on so the two of them can really be together. The rest of the town sees the werewolves as a minor nuisance not worth paying adventures to deal with but she's willing to fork over the coin to snap her lover out of his obsession

Start with "they stole a thing, get it back plz", but have the werewolves reveal that the Enchantress was the originator of their curse, they stole the relic to blackmail a cure out of her, but she's just sending mercenaries at them now, team gets to decide how to deal with this, carry out contract or confront the bitch. Enchantress could say some shit like 'the blessing went wrong' or 'their hearts were corrupt' or some other line, lead it into another arc.

She wants you to bring back tainted werewolf blood so she can drink it and become a werewolf.

How about she wants the players to get some sort of artifact for her in exchage for gold peices. Players, go out to find it, and eventually find out that it was a trap, and the players have to battle a small group of warewolves and herself who also turns out to be a warewolf (boss). She wanted to get revenge on your group for killing her friend/ally (that the group already killed in a passed session). When they inevidably win the battle, they get an expensive item (that merchants would pay a lot of money for), and maybe a cool weapon.

Op here. I should mention she also has a godfather. The whereabouts or existence of any other family is unknown. Do with that what you will.

add withbut its all to cure her and bring her love back from the dead but its all a lie and she dosnt know it

She gives them a soppy story about how this particular werewolf/pack of werewolves killed someone dear to here. She offers the party some sort of important magic item, maybe something that could be used for a later quest. However, when the party finds this den if the werewolf, they find the enchantress there instead. What the part thought was an enchantress was really just a witch and her actual desire is to use the party to do her dirty work. Maybe she wants someone killed, maybe she wants something stolen. If the party is good aligned, this could be pretty interesting depending on whether or not they decide to follow the witch's commands.

I just have trouble turning her evil. Although I kinda like the idea of a trap. What if, instead of her being a werewolf, she was forced into leading you by the werewolves because of some sort of blackmail

not is she sold it to try and save some on els enslaving her self

What if we kinda combine these 2 in some way?

Fuck off collin

Yeah I suppose. Idk, the setting of the quest is a light fantasy, so the presence of demons is less than normal

i like that

Who the fuck is Collin?

Nice dubs.
I do too
Now we just need something that she was being blackmailed with

ya but thats end game stuff so you can build up to it

Yeah, but this is early on for the party

black mail about her curs or that thay saw her help some bad guy get out of the town and escape

Idk, I'm thinking more like family member, or important item.

What if they kidnapped her familiar?

ya its a lot to stretch out

Ok

are you playing 5e cuz she can just dismiss it and re summon it

One of the werewolves is a former lover, and she wants the party to investigate the secret that keeps him enthralled so she can have violent werewolf rape sex.

No, 3.5. but I haven't ever fucked around with familiars too much so I don't really know the rules

this will work for one of my partys thay like to play dirty there all C/E

Need I remind you guys she is young.

ya that wont work 3.5e 2e maby but i cant fined my 2e book

Well, what if we do something similar? Maybe not familiar, but a close friend, or family member?

enchantress is a mad scientist looking to cure lycanthropy,

she had several slaves, all of which were natural lycanthropes of all ages, the werewolves are the slaves parents, the werewolves rescued their children from her.

mid way though the quest when the party actually gets eyes on the children make half of them cured of their inherited lycanthropy.

Prophetic destiny; I need you to do this because it is my destiny to do so.

o what if thay stole a soul jem that hods the soul of her younger sister and shes working on a way to free it but its fragile so if the party brakes it some how she will end up hunting them down or be there friend if they get it back

She has a nasty habit of sending adventurers on pointless quests because it makes her feel important.

I usually enjoy making an option that doesn't involve combat.

You could make her lover be one of the werewolves. He was apart of a family hunting them, got bitten, and he ran away without telling the family or her. She found out he was alive somehow, and felt scorned. She wants you to track him down and take vengeance for a broken heart. They then find out he's a werewolf, or finds him involved with the werewolf group.

She wants the party to bring back werewolf penises because they're known to be a potent aphrodisiac. She also requests that you don't actually kill the werewolves.

She wants you to bring back a few bags of werewolf dung, because the people they eat often have valuable jewellery on them. She doesn't tell you this.

There must be personal gain in it for her, im not sure if research is what shes in it for, but she could be researching the transformative properties of lycanthrope s, ask the players to (depending on gore level) bring back some organ, or the brain of a werewolf, with additional emphasis on keeping the organ intact. Or have them bring her back one alive so she can do some shady research on them. Either way, it adds depth to the character and gives the players more options, potentially they dont agree with her keeping someone that is usually a functioning human being as a slave and test subject. I would have her ask for the brain and heart of a werewolf, then have her research fail, and after a period of time she gets back in touch with the party and asks the party to capture one alive, it brings up interesting combat and moral dillemas

Op. Here's an idea.
She is generally good but young and emotionally messed up. Maybe if there was a connection with a secret ruthless group running the small town and her missing uncle? They disposed of him for getting involved in some sort of nefarious activity they were up to. Now the werewolves. Maybe their lair is an entrance to an underground natural cavern say and the officials in the town keep them there to contain a much worse evil that will directly attack them and quite possibly kill them. The town officials maybe have a group of hunters capture people that they feed the werewolves also to keep them happy? Just an idea. She wants to have the werewolves removed so that the evil can be released and her hopes is they destroy each other or she can finish off the weakened victor. There could be collateral damage in the town and this is the moral problem she's dealing with