Will it be good, or a complete letdown like the Alan Partridge film was?

Will it be good, or a complete letdown like the Alan Partridge film was?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ce2Qdm43sd0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

in what way was the Partridge film a let down?

>Its an Americuck tries to talk about British comedy episode

Mid Morning Matters is my favourite Partridge series, so I enjoyed the film.

I liked Alan Partridge.

It was a 9/10 not a 11/10.

This. Pure unadulterated Alan.

>British """""""""""""""""""""""""""comedy""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

oh yeah

>complete letdown like the Alan Partridge film
I liked it though

>posts the most widely regarded pioneers of comedy from the 60s judged by the standards of today

Hey how about post some classic US comedy from the era?

Oh wait, its because there is none.

>remember me from that one role: the tour
I really don't like Petit Gervais

9/11 you mean XD

Alpha Papa was great

this will be shit. Merchant isn't involved and if the trailer is anything to go by it will be a massive flop, like all his films

Looks so so good

youtube.com/watch?v=Ce2Qdm43sd0

how the """"mighty"""" have fallen

>I was just pretending to be a has-been sellout! The jokes on you! P-p-please watch my new movie though its out on August 18

this type of shit is depressing as fuck. leave this kind of shit in the late 90s and early 2000s.

i think they had sgt bilko and that bitch lucy was upto no good

alpha papa was great so at least we know bringing shit back 15 years later can work. that being said gervais is a smug unfunny cunt

>make only 2 series of the office because you don't want to sell out, don't want to milk the characters dry
>extras is a love letter to himself, about how he didn't sell out like Andy Millman, how well he dealt with celebrity, how shit every other sitcom is
>sell the office to America, they make it a generic wacky sitcom, exactly the sort of thing Gervais mocked in Extras. Claims to love it.
>he bombs on stage on live television in Britain, critics savage him for it, he says he is above them, is going to make american money now
>his american movies bomb
>tries to go back to his roots, makes a mocumentary about mini-brent (Life's Too Short) it's terrible and the critics hate it
>says fuck the critics once more and makes a maudlin docudrama about a disabled man, extremely broad comedy, jokes come from retarded characters and silly wigs, the music of coldplay like his fake sitcom in Extras, he has officially become a parody of himself
>hasn't done anything good in over a decade now
>time to bring back Brent!

this

I dont understand people like that. Youre already a fucking millionaire. Dont have material? Fucking chill and enjoy your luxurious fucking life. Something of value suddenly came to you? Then produce it, even if it's 10 years later.

But this faggot just cant handle being off the spotlight. For all his self-deprecating jokes, he truly is a narcissistic piece of shit.