The Great Wall

>Chinese (English-language movie) Fantasy Epic.
>Most Expensive Chinese movie of all time at $135 million.
>Directed by Zhang Yimou - considered China's greatest living director.
>Starring Matt Damon, Willem Dafoe, Pedro Pascal

>Do the characters have superpowers? No, no one has superpowers in our film. I think there are too many superpowers in movies nowadays; people can level half a city with one finger, so any challenge feels easy. For this movie, I really want to switch it up and do something realistic.

What do you think? Sounds good to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth#Ming_China
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nooo

the colorful wuxia is what I come to Zhang Yimou films for

Also any of his other movies good? Ive only seen hero, cgc, and hfd

>I really want to switch it up and do something realistic
Like white men in ancient China

I've been intrigued since I heard about this. Looking forward to it even though Chinese pandering is clear and present.

chinks confirmed cucks

>ancient
You dont know what that word means

I was getting interested in this until this crap
>white men in ancient China

matt look like witcher.

Asian movies with American actors suck.

White is might
White is right
Disagree and I'll smite (You)

hahahaha

yes, the road home and raise the red lantern are essential but aren't wuxia but they definitely are colorful

it's just going to be the same retarded chinese shit like red cliff, just a sci fi version of it

chinks have no clue how to make a decent movie

cringe

get out of my sight
you pasty parasite

Is Curse of the Golden Flower any good? I heard it's more of a costume drama than a wu xia movie.

>Chinese pandering
It's a Chinese movie, you dope. If anything, the presence of Matt Damon et al. is a sign of pandering to the West.

>Zhang Yimou
>considered China's greatest living director

Did Wong Kar-Wai die or something? I'm pretty sure Tsai Ming-liang is still making moves too.

>set in 15th-century China which revolves around soldiers searching for gunpowder who come across the construction of the famous wall, and learn that its hurried construction isn’t just to keep out the Mongols, but mystical creatures as well.
>Marco Polo (1254-1324)
he wasn't even the first

What's the point in making an English language movie unless you're an Anglophone nation?

Sure you may have the best CGI, the best set-dressing, the best director.... but the subtleties of our language, sarcasm, idioms etc simply won't translate for the Chinese population.

We are just too different. You might as well make the entire cast Western, instead it's a 50/50 weird mix of both. A western audience may love the english scenes, but then you have the strange Chinese man speaking pseudo-english, or the American actor switching to broken chinese.

>Ameritard liberals keep crying about whitewashing
>Chinese literally cast Matt Damon in their own great wall movie

what now

also friendly reminder that this is the future of the movie industry

Enjoy the mud
In your putrid blood
You genetic dud

The only good movies chinks make are kung-fu movies.

Simple fact. They should stick to what they know best.

Just like America is only good for capeshit.

What the fuck

>Fantasy epic set in China
>starring white men
>No one can't bitch about it since the director is chinese

Why are asians so based?

"No"

>tfw my wifes great great son will experience the rise of african kinoma starring chinese actors and cgi whites (we are extinct in the future)

It's obviously just a scam to cheat white people out their money, Donald Trump should ban it.

I'm done with this silly diction
enjoy your inevitable extinction
while your women enjoy darker cock
you are doomed to be a little white cuck

it's like the end of 8 mile, but both are white and wearing fedoras

>matt damon
I fucking hate this cunt can you stop making movies with him?

Your genitals are the source of your pride
While your brothers commit needless homicide
And the mothers of those murderous sons cried
For those lost boys with no father to guide

The Last Nigga on Earth, starring Tom Hanks

White savior ridicule when?

POTTERY

For fucks sakes, this is why blacks and white liberals constantly try to push blacks into white roles, hollywood jews do it with whites so why can't they.

Fucking ridiculous,

How the fuck did they do the casting?

STOP WHITE-WASHI-

Ohh the Chinese are making this, that's fine then :')

>set in northern song dynasty
>a time where the songs fought literal barbarians from the north
Sure Song was open to trade but why put a fucking white male in charge? I suppose he realized white male is better

>somehow brings it around to crying about black people
>again

persecuted much?

It already happened in this thread.
But it's coming.
And they'd probably actually be right, maybe they'll stop citing The Last Samurai now that they have this though I doubt any of them have actually seen the movie.

WHO GAVE YOU THE ORDAAAR

Lulz

Is this the mainland or Hong Kong making the movie?

And great. Let china build up their own film industry and box out the LCD bullshit hollywood pumps out for the chinabux.

So, is Tumblr pissed off yet?

So will there be backlash for casting two whites and a spic in the leads or will they get away with it because the director is chinese?

I think they're being ironic and they're actually bitching about white people.

HOL' the fuk up! Why is dere no black men in dis pro-duction.....sheeeeeeeeeeit dis Raycis ass rice-eatin slant-eyed prawn-cracka lookin' gooky ass mu'fugga need a bullet in they ass

Yeah. They were a lot actually

Jesuits and their Military Advisors were making cannons for the Chinks during the 16th Century. Adam Schall Von Bell famously enough. There's a reason why certain Chinese guns were called "Folangqi Pao" (Ferenggi Gun. Ferenggi = Arabic for "Franks" = Western Europeans) and "Hongmao Pao" (Red Haired Barbarian Cannon = Western Europeans).

Earlier, """""""""""""white"""""""""""""" looking people like Uyghurs and whatever remains of the Indo-Iranian Genes in Central Asia showed up as mercenaries- usually Horse Archers hired for their expert knowledge of cavalry and the tribes in central asia.

The meme "China is closed off from the world hurrdurr" should stop really.

>Wong Kar-Wai
>Chinese
Yes, you missed something.

reddit here, reddit is mad, brought up the last samurai 10,000 times

I'm not bitching about white people. I'm bitching about Hollywood jews casting whites in chinese roles so that blacks and liberals have justification to push blacks into white roles.

Oh alright then, I guess you're just a crazy person then.

Chinese adore whites. It's literally the opposite of niggers. They willingly put us on a pedestal, my uncle has a banking job there and they treat him like royalty and offer him perks that native Chinese don't get.

Whether the native Chinese are okay with this I honestly don't know, but the management & middle-class generally love white people, they aspire to be white. But the mainlanders hold them back by shitting in the street.

Is chinese fantasy epic the new cape shit?

There were blacks too in China. Mostly as exotic slaves for some General/Scholar Bureaucrat to decorate his house with and point out to guests saying LOOK HOW BLACK THIS MAN IS, IM SO FUCKING RICH.

There's a Legend of Kunlun the Slave, but he's Negrito I think. Which is not Afro-Black.

Well what would you get mad about?

That it's racist against Chinese people?

That seems like a weak argument given that the movie is produced by the Chinese

>Guns are called 'POW'

they're not casting white people in asian roles they are white roles.

>"China is closed off from the world hurrdurr" should stop really.
China has always been very insular and xenophobic, I mean that just asian culture in general. That being said china is fucking huge and squats in the middle of the largest continent, with a long history of driving transcontinental trade when europeans still worried about falling off the edge of the map.

kek, I once saw a video of some white faggot claiming nigger-speak is an intelligent dialect of American english. Das rite.

>every medieval or ancient rome movie is chock full of niggers
no one bats an eye

>some chink puts a white guy into his chink movie
everyone goes insane

>Whether the native Chinese are okay with this I honestly don't know
Checked.

China has had a pretty rigid class structure for most of its history. There is an availability for upward mobility, but uts still an institution so ingrained in the culture even communism couldn't wipe it out entirely.

>when europeans still worried about falling off the edge of the map.
the roman empire traded with the chinese, reddit

thats pretty gud

>The Great Wall
Judging from the trailer this film pre-dates the age of the canon, it's all arrows and magic and shit.

Matt Damon won't be playing a Uyghur he will be playing a "European"

Cannons are. Because Cannons are Hupao (Literally: Fire Catapult)

Small arms are Huqiang (Fire Spears) since when they invented it, the first firearms in China were attached to Spears.

Looks like this discourse I won
Careful you don't see the end of a gun
Held by none other
Than a tar-colored brother

Chinese assimilates words by either onomatopoeia, or they just chink up the foreign word. Lemon is ling-mon, coffee is ke-fei, etc.

>when europeans still worried about falling off the edge of the map.

europeans had to teach the chinese that the world isn't flat you idiot

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth#Ming_China

This only further confirms the white worship that goes on in Asia.

Whatchya gonna do
With skin colored like poo
Could barely think through
A simple sneeze- achoo

Yeah, they taught them after they found out themselves.

>China has always been very insular
Arguably
>Xenophobic
Arguably as well
Chinese "barbarism" doesnt automatically mean you are straight up inferior. Just that you are outside Tianxia ("All Under Heaven a.k.a Chinese Empire") which is the height of civilization to them. They ranked barbarians as enlightened and civilized (i.e. Fulin/Daqin = Rome) or Savage (i.e. Central Asians like Turks or Mongols. Tribal Nignogs in Taiwan/Philippines). You are then assigned a rank in Chinese diplomatic talk recognized either as a "Wangguo" (Kingdom = Civilized), or a plain directional Demonym (Xirong = Western Barbarian. Nanman = Southern Barbarian. Dongwu = Eastern barbarian, Beidi = Northern Barbarian) and be treated with contempt. (i.e. Japan during the Pirate Raids of the 1400s).

WHO ORDERED THE CODE RED?

>it's a white male saves china episode

hmm

Chink Flat Earth theory is different.

AFAIK some Chink Scholars thought it ran off forever into ever more ever distant lands. Like as if the whole universe really is Sky-Earth-Man.

he looks kinda chinese

I lived in asia for years in the 90s. Its hard to express it without exaggerating, they're quite hospitable, but they all maintain the idea that their kind of asian is objectively the best one. Asians are, as a whole, pretty pragmatic, so it doesn't hang them up, but you're still a big nosed waiguo to them.

Go away mainland scum

>we want Trump audienc
Huh

im ready for chinkino

and they will always be yellow slit-eyed chinks to us, so all is good.

That's a really nice shade of purple.

I was talking of History.

But if you want more recent history then I can tell you that as a Flip, the Chinese do put foreigners in ranks. From "guys we should respect" (whites) to "Lel, nignogs" (blacks, us here in Southeast Asia).

Other East Asians occupy weird ambivalent views in China. Koreans and Japanese are respected, but at the same time also loathed due to historical issues. More so in Japan's case than Korea's,

NK is treated as Nigger-Tier Refugees.

>Europeans already in contact and trade with China during the time period it's based on
>Matt Damon's character has been European from day 1
>Director is Chinese

>Libtards in charge of knowing what "whitewashing" is

And the Chinese clearly don't give a fuck about seeing a white man on screen given how huge the market is over there.

These are probably the same people who would cheer at the sight of a black James Bond.

>Set in Medieval China
How the fuck does that work

>white Matt Damon

yeah I know what he means, he should totally be nigger Matt Damon and wear a blackface instead.

>cheer at

you mean scream about how Idris Elba MUST be the next bond?

I don't know, maybe it will maybe it won't as we don't know shit about the film at all nor is it based on some other original work.

To be fair, of course they would be.
They don't want Black Bond because they think he's a good actor, they want him because they want to make a political statement. Same reason they don't want White guys in China because that too is a political statement.
He already played a Mexican so why not.

>something realistic

has he actually looked at what kind of movie he is making?
other then that hypocrite line the movie looks great.
I wonder what reason they are going to give for all the white people in it however.
Maybe they are going to be part of a roman expedition?

anyway looking forward to it. it´s going to be interesting to see Chinas take on LotR especially since China tends to do things big

the butthurt is real with the libs, watch how this movie will fucking cash in thanks to chinese audiences

love the costumes

now the monsters only have too look good as well and I´m set

Learn to history you faggots. REEE!
Foreign trade and diplomacy did not a completely novel concept.
>What is the silk road
>what is spice trades since the early renaissance.

Chinese here

We already tried the exact same shit with Adrian brody & John Cusac

The movie might do ok domestically, but Chinese script writing is garbage.

The dialogue is always laughably bad and there's always some "pro communist party" lines randomly thrown in that sound completely out of place.

>The dialogue is always laughably bad and there's always some "pro communist party" lines randomly thrown in that sound completely out of place.

"WE'RE FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM!!!!**"
"** but we also understand the importance of obeying our authoritarian leaders because they know better."

pretty much all chink big-budget films are the same

its historical, big war, shitty drama-romance repeat ad infininum