Goodnight Sweet Prince

Goodnight Sweet Prince

Other urls found in this thread:

epictimes.com/07/27/2016/jerry-doyle-returned-babylon-5-studios-martial-law/
youtu.be/C31k-vBw__c?t=31
drinksmixer.com/cat/418/
youtube.com/watch?v=vpb1OXvNNMc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

was he the one who nested in a cocoon and hatched as a vulcan?

Fuck it's real, RIP Mr Garibaldi.

Fuck you.

apology for poor english

where were you when johnny doll dies

i was sat at home drinking brain fluid when fred ring

'johnny is die'

'no'

and you??????

RIP Jerry Doyle

You were a terrible actor, but your character was great.

>Jerry Doyle
>Andreas Katsulas
>Richard Biggs
>Michael O'Hare
>Jeff Conaway

I think the show might have been cursed.

MEEESTER GARIBALDI

NOOOOOOOO! Fucking Mars killed him!

I just started watching B5 last week.

Fuck.

He could sell the shitty space-writing JMS forced everyone to say better than most of them.

Delenn is fucking insufferable.

The Minbari characters are always shit unless they're War-Caste

>60
>60
>44
>60
>61

Goodnight discount Bruce Willis.

F

Good bye Mr. Garibaldi ;(

Literally the same, I watched episode 4 two nights ago. Fuck.

RIP

This fucking sucks. What fucking curse did someone put on the cast to have them die one by one like this? None of them were even 70 years old for fuck sake!!! This is universal bullshit and one of the greater actors from that show is now gone.

they weren't rich enough to get the longevity drugs, but rich enough to get all the recreational drugs.

How could a man have been so based, rip.

Rest in Peace Jerry.

Literally who?

It was all that Italian food, bad for the heart. The Doc did warning him afterall.

STICKY!! WHY ISN'T THIS A STICKY, FUCKING MODS?!?

Because it's unlikely that multiple threads will be created about the death of an actor from Babylon 5. Not enough people on this board have enough taste to appreciate scifi that isn't star trek.

Looking at that picture makes me sad.

Katsulas was only 59.
Conaway was 60, in his case it's wonder he even lived that long.

>they weren't rich enough to get the longevity drugs, but rich enough to get all the recreational drugs.

I don't think this applies other than Katsulas who was chain smoker and Conaway who used everything and probably bit more for 3 decades except for couple pauses.

Because it really wasn't all that good. Shitty first season can be forgiven but a shitty final season and only five episodes? C'mon, everyone knows it's inferior to DS9 in every way.

>this lame bait attempt

Take Berman's dick out of your mouth before you post, at least. Pretend you have some class.

>Not enough people on this board have enough taste to appreciate scifi that isn't star trek.

Even Trek threads would be few poster circle jerking if it wasn't for new movie premiering a week ago or new show teaser and couple detail given out at Comic Con.

It's odd... everyone ends of line are dead. Furst or Carter will die next?

>C'mon, everyone knows it's inferior to DS9 in every way.

Only thing DS9 did better was effects.

>Furst or Carter will die next?
Koenig

>quick check that best girl is still alive

Babylon 5 was a show that defied the establishment media. The Illuminati clearly are punishing them even decades after.

OP here. The only reason I knew to make the thread is because best girl informed me of his passing.

If Babylon 5 had the same level of support (and talent) as DS9 it would have become the GOAT to rule all goats.

As it stood, they constantly dealt with low-quality sets, less than stellar actors, and pressure from the network.

I followed all those motherfuckers, I was literally saturated with announcements about it. The first one came in from his actual FB page and I thought it was a hoax because it was some generic "his family is saddened to announce" sentence, but it got confirmed by everyone else in the span of minutes and that's when I knew it wasn't a fabrication.

I have to agree that DS9 is better, it has a team of great writers instead of just one, and there's more variety among the episodes. B5 takes itself so seriously that at times it's cringe-worthy or laughable, and the hamfisted preachiness can be wearisome. I find myself rewatching DS9 far more often than B5, though I love both. It's quite simply the more entertaining series

>I like episodic schlock that forgets its own continuity over an actual epic

Manchild.

B5 just doesn't work as a "single episode" show. Literally half the experience is the story-arc and seeing how it unfolds in sequence. Babylon 5's story-arcs tend to be great.

The biggest problem with DS9 is all the filler.

no, that was a bitch

I think it's easy to call any standalone episodes filler, but it's not the same thing. DS9 is a series that mixes arcs with problem-of-the-week episodes, that's just what it is. Just because it doesn't tie in to the main arc doesn't make it filler. Now, a standalone episode in an otherwise highly serialized show, that's filler. But DS9 is episodic from the very beginning

I can understand why someone would prefer B5's more serialized nature, but I simply enjoy DS9 more. Like I said, I love both

>I find myself rewatching DS9 far more often than B5

It's Trek with few gem episodes, most of it's good episodes are weaker than good episodes from other Treks, but most of it's bad episodes are just 'meh instead of never watch again shitty. The 'meh Trek. Sure there is In the Pale Moonlight and that TOS episode.

>B5 just doesn't work as a "single episode" show. Literally half the experience is the story-arc and seeing how it unfolds in sequence. Babylon 5's story-arcs tend to be great.

Show made for watching at least three episodes at the time. Sure there are bunch of quite self contained episodes like Rock Cried Out There is No Hiding Place and Sic Transit Vir.

which girl is more sexually overrated?
Delen or Counsellor Troi

I never seen anyone refer to Delen as sexy, so Troi

>Delen
>sexy

but she's got luscious human hair

Delenn talks like bad Forgotten Realms short stories crossed with your worst english teacher, with an annoying fictional accent thrown in to make it all worse. What makes it worse is that everyone else is supposed to respect and revere her as a voice of compassion and reason, when all she ever does is bitch.

I can't believe no one told JMS to tone it down after the first season.

Delen sexy.... nope. Babylon 5 is probably scifi show that least tried to appeal to horny teenage nerds and avoided lowest common denominator.

Back to the Jerry Doyle.

Jerry's last tweet was sharing pretty funny link.

epictimes.com/07/27/2016/jerry-doyle-returned-babylon-5-studios-martial-law/

Reminder that The Joker's magic trick in TDK was stolen from based Garibaldi
youtu.be/C31k-vBw__c?t=31

>tfw you see babylon 5 trending on twitter
>"oh boy maybe they announced some kind of remake or new movie!"
>garibaldi is dead
>mfw

It's not a fictional accent, Mira Furlan is Yugoslavian. She always speaks English with that accent.

Immediately after I posted that I looked her up on Youtube and felt like an asshole.

Still though, she has that drag on her cadence that just makes it unbearable.

>this isn't a sticky

Fucking figures.

I am so fucking sad right now. I guess Bester got his wish after all, he outlived Garibaldi.

I was just as surprised as you at first, but I saw her at Stellar Occasion 4 back in the '90s and heard it for myself.

Side note for your future trivia challenges: she loves drinksmixer.com/cat/418/

rip fake bruce willis in space

Samefag, please.

YFW it real

Anyone else starting a rewatch of Babylon 5 today because of this? I was already contemplating it but this pushed it through.

Just got done with In The Beginning.

That her real accent - she a Croatian

Wow, that's kinda fucked.

Loved that show. Sadness.

Yep, plan to watch it again in his memory.

That reminds me, is Babylon 5 on any of the streaming services?

>Rock Cried Out There is No Hiding Place
Fucking great episode. The pacing, the head fake, the music and juxtaposition at the end?

Perfect.

i am overdue for a rewatch desu

Nope, Warner Bros decided to really Jew it up and not allow JMS to have any control over it's distribution online. It''s not syndicated and it's not available for free on any streaming service. I believe YouTube allows you to purchase each episode individually though but that's about it.

>Wow, that's kinda fucked.

Yeah. B5's cast has had it rough.

Best character coming through, Londofags can fuck right off

One strange thing about B5 is how absurdly expensive everything published about show afterwards has been. Shit like 20th aniversary cast reunion panel dvds or blue ray 179$ and 20th art book like 300$. On one hand I understand idea of making everything a limited edition collectors item from a start, but that can hurt fan interest and long run kill it completely, so there won't be reboot of anykind ever.

As if there would be any other reason why it would trend on twitter before 30th aniversary.

>Yugoslavian.

No such thing.

Perfect satire and revenge story.... plus naturally Centauri plotting.

Hanlon's razor is quite relevant when it comes to B5. There has been plenty of pure incompetence from WB's side in addition just being dicks. Like losing effects masters.

This is probably about as likely to happen as me finding $10,000 on the street, but is there any chance someone has the series downloaded, with good internet, and would be willing to set up a stream? I have the DVD's and I want to start my rewatch but I don't want to do it alone.

at least there are affordable DVDs

Fucking Deep Space Nine costs a fortune

and probably will never get a cheaper reissue.

I can buy it on Amazon too.

I will just Jew the Jew I guess and move files from my desktop to my laptop for viewing.

I have the files, no idea how to stream however.

SOMEONE TEACH THIS MAN HOW TO STREAM

Both Londo and G'Kar would be pretty impotent without the other to bounce off of. Like Picard and Q, or Rebo and Zooty.

I got them on sale on amazon one time.

Well worth it. Though now DS9 can be streamed.

I have the show and a site I stream on sometimes. I can't promise to make it 24/7 until it's done, but I can do season blocks. Let me check with the admin.

>Rebo and Zooty
Into the trash they go.

just torrent it faggot. they're seeded, etc.

>Rebo and Zooty.

Pretty much most cringe worthy part of entire B5. Even Garibaldi's motorcycle was funnier comic relief moment.

The thing that was amazing was they produced a high quality show with almost no budget. there budget was less then 1/4 of Star trek DS9.

That Ninja product placement paid for the episode.

I have the DVD's I just wanted to get a group together with someone who could stream it

Alright, Babylon 5 season 1 starting in 20 minutes after this Patlabor episode is over.

Filthy
Casuals
.tv

Channel button is on the second left from the bottom, choose either "slabs" or "press F for Garibaldi"

he ded? was one of the characters I actually hated

best actor too, he stole every single scene he was in

londo and g'kar WERE babylon 5

>That Ninja product placement paid for the episode.

Kek. I actually learned something new about B5. I didn't expect that to happen. Thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=vpb1OXvNNMc

>B5 will never get a HD remaster and completely redone high budget cgi

why continue this pitiful existance

i fucking love the way every single thing was foreshadowed in s1 & s2 and then eventually paid off in the end

>tfw resigned to 2Trek2Furious

He got what he deserved.

im sure hes sunken into a deep depression over the millions of dollars he makes from acting in huge films

That's not Patricia Tallman.

It was the 90s, it was a punishable offense to like Babylon 5 and Star Trek at the same time.

And it's true that Trek stopped using large curtains as a royal palace set in the 60's.

He was only 60. Fuck.

fuck everything

>Cheese is to expensive for him to import
>Imports every individual component for a motorcycle

>all of the classic nineties shows we will never see in glorious high-definition