How do you get over a breakup ?

how do you get over a breakup ?

bump

accept that it's over

you don't. you live with yourself, you live with the knowledge of what happened and hopefully your wiser for it.

maybe you can beg her until she comes back. maybe you can't.

and maybe you become a depressed wreck and throw your future away trying to get what you had back

I don't like those suggestions

get that nut nah'm sayin'

Realize that she's not fucking special. There are probably at least 100 people on Earth that are almost exactly like her, like 10,000 that are really close, and a billion that would be just as good or better.

Then you go and you get one of those.

I don't know what you're saying
I don't want to run away from the pain
Trying to reason isn't working

Prolly the best idea, thing is that unless you distract yourself with either a hobby or work you won't be able to actually process anything. You need to learn from what happened and look at the whole situation from another point of view, only then, you'll be able to have another mindset and you'll basically become a better person. Remember that is not about the person, it's about the whole experience, if you come back to the same person you either try to work things out for the better with a proper plan or you let her/him be and better her/himself as you do the same.

Melancholy is an easy trap for a person to fall into.

>Melancholy
How do I get out of it

You don't, sadness is the realest feeling, more than a rapper from East Los Angeles. You have to embrace the feeling but be aware that as every other feeling, it is something that is just temporary, you feel pain and that is ok, you feel remorse and that is ok too. Embrace the fact that is over and it might be for ever or you might come back to that person later down the road but at this very moment you need more than the fact, you need to feel to learn.

Yes. Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage.

>how do you get over a breakup ?

Sometimes you don't.

Samefag here. Look at it this way.

You like pizza? Most people do. Pizza is good. But if you eat pizza every single day, you're eventually gonna get sick of it. Or accustomed to it. Maybe you just get so goddamned used to it you can't imagine your life without pizza every day. But then your neighborhood pizzeria closes. So go eat something else. Get a steak. Maybe you can't find a decent steakhouse right now and you're really hungry, right? So go get a bologna sandwich real quick. I mean, fuck, bologna is good. Is it good like steak is good? or pizza? or sushi, or tacos, etc? Hell no. But it's still pretty fucking good. Eat bologna till you find a good steak house or a sushi bar. Or another pizza place, even. But the one you used to eat at is closed, and you can't do jack shit about it, so you might as well eat something else.

Time. Just letting time pass by.

Go on...

It's just life bro, nothing on earth will change if you die right now or tomorrow, life is totally meanling so might as well the best out of it. I'm not saying kill yourself, lol but try, even if you're afraid try to get out of that cage, worst that can happen to you is death and that is more than guaranteed anyway.

Well that's an analogy.
The problem is that I ended the relation and now I feel like shit

Samefag again. Maybe you find another pizza place that makes really good pizza and it comes really close to the pizza you used to eat. But there's just a slight hint of something, something in the sauce that doesn't quite match it. It'll never be exactly the same. But the pizza is still great.

That's the pain that you will always bear. It feels like a huge thing now. But it will fade in time.

15 years ago I lost my first real love. I still think about her every now and then. But I'm over her now. It took a long time. I don't think I was truly over her for about 5 years. But the first one is always the hardest. It gets easier. And you may never love that way again. But you may find that you do. One day there may come a person that lights a fire in your soul so bright that nothing can extinguish it.

I'm not just bullshitting here because this happened to me.

And you know what else? She doesn't like me like that. We're like, best friends. She calls me almost every day and we talk for at least an hour. Here's the kicker: about 2 years after we met, she started dating my brother.

But just knowing that I was so obscenely incorrect about the kinds of people there are in the world, knowing there was someone so intensely unique and interesting and special, changed me. It still makes me feel invincible. Even when she's on the phone talking to me about fucking my brother. It doesn't bother me anymore. Nothing can hurt me. I've escaped the matrix.

I've gone off the rails a little here and I'm not sure how to get back. Sorry about that.

That happened to me too. But it's not fair to her to keep running back and forth if you're not sure.

If you ended it up you had good reasons then.
From my POV only one possibilty: You think about those reasons and once it's done, you think about it more. Based on your conclusion, either you live with your choice untill life's enjoyable again, and I assure you it will at some point, or you just go and see her to make things right. Give yourself a couple days tho.

find a way to hate that person, it worked for me.

Man that's some shit the Dalaï Lama would say. You're a human being and a real hero.

Well. You're in a shit situation

If you ended the relation I feel nothing for you. Women are the best and worst thing on this planet.

Realize that happiness comes from yourself, not others. There will always be more to come. Don't search for one. Also girls can be heartless as fuck when you thought they actually cared about you. Focus on a hobby or bettering yourself.

mind to explain?

bump