Kirk saves the Federation and countless civilizations a number of times

>Kirk saves the Federation and countless civilizations a number of times
>Never promoted to Admiral

>Janeway loses a state of the art vessel in less than a week and leaves a destructive wake in the Delta Quadrant
>Promoted to Admiral

>implying he wanted to fly a desk instead of The Enterprise

Kirk was an admiral but got demoted for some bullshit reason I don't remember. besides, admirals in star trek are basically incompetent evil assholes anyway.

Didnt you see Beyond Expectations? He didnt want it.

Kirk hated his promotion

>>Kirk saves the Federation and countless civilizations a number of times
>>Never promoted to Admiral
he was in admiral in the first three movies you dillhole

Kirk was promoted to Admiral twice. He was demoted for disobeying direct orders for stealing the Enterprise to go to Genesis, and was promoted again at some point between Undiscovered Country and Generations.

And in contrast, they wanted to keep Janeway away from the helm and risk putting more crews in danger. Admirals don't do shit, they go to fancy parties and occasionally inspect vessels.

First, Kirk was promoted to Admiral.

Second, those shows take place a century apart. The shit you pull in the navy in 1900 is not exactly judged by the same criteria as shit in 2000. Kirk and Janeway were captains in different worlds.

To Kirk one of the absolute worst things that happened to him was getting promoted. He wanted to be out amongst the stars having adventures, not being part of some kind of stuffy bureaucracy. Honestly not sure why he accepted the promotion but he sure came to regret it later. I mean hell at the end of VI I think it was when he got demoted again the man was happy.

Kirk was dedicated to exploration.
Janeway (being a woman) was dedicated to power she didn't deserve.

You realize she returned with a ship capable of fighting off a group of Borg ships by itself because of tech centuries ahead of what they have now? When one Borg cube could fight off a fleet of federation ships?

Charts and intelligence on a quarter if the galaxy?

Janeway is awesome. Don't hate.

And after having crippled the Borg transportation network and killing the queen?

Because he stole starfleet property on a whacky quest to save Spock.

Kirk's demotion was part of his punishment for the Search for Spock shit.

He sabotaged the Excelsior, stole the Enterprise, got it blown up, Killed a bunch of Klingons and stole a Klingon ship.

this
honestly ending up in the Delta quadrant wasn't her fault considering the crazy shit Starfleet captains find themselves getting into.
but she took her shit situation and made it back home with a shit ton of juicy pirate booty

Yes it was you retarded fucking child

Hello, welcome to the future.

I see you originated from a thread past.

Reminder that Kirsten Beyer redeems Voyager in her post-series novels.
>sends Voyager back to the Delta Quadrant with five other ships on a mission of exploration
>breaks up Chakotay and 7 of 9
>brings Janeway back to life after Peter David killed her off in a retarded way
>gets Janeway and Chakotay together, as they should've been
>Harry Kim gets two promotions
>The Doctor gets his own holographic waifu
>expands upon all the weird shit and species from the show such as the Voth, Krenim

What comes before now is no different than what is now, or what is to come.

NOT LINEAR IT'S

>watching anything other than borg plotlines

hahaha THANKS LORI

What's the best series, and why is it all of them?

Underrated posts.

Honestly, Voyager was never my bag (but I'd rather have my eyes pried open, a la A Clockwork Orange and forced to watch it till the end of time rather than watch Deep Space Nine), but Janeway basically single handled took the Borg from being the Federation's greatest threat, to a manageable advisory

This is the level of posting on this board, op should be banned from life for life

Did OP not fucking see WoK? Because that is a life not worth living.

it was bad because it was unfocused
they had a theme at the start of being isolated and lacking supplies, then basically threw that away soon after.

having them degrade from noble starfleet officers to basically borderline pirates to stay alive would have been great, and they could have had a great redemption moment at the end.

but no
it was just monster of the week shit done poorly have the time.

hes a admiral in wok

This.

They're glorified diplomats who fuck around until they shit in the wrong punch bowl and get a court martial.

Why didn't Janeway just ask Q to send them home

Disobeying orders, but in reality it exactly what Kirk wanted as he hated piloting a fucking desk, basically a favor from fellow admirals.

In TMP he literally pulls rank to takeover Enterprise because there is opportunity to do so. Same shit in TWOK, Spock and buddies running the fucking academy help him escape the desk.

Nope. He wears captains insignia in Generations.

Voyager is much like TNG when it comes to episode quality. Best episodes are really good, bad episodes are really bad. TNG just gets a step higher in good episodes.

The big annoying thing is inconsistency, especially with Janeway. One week she totally by the book, lets do the good thing even if fucks us over. Next week: What fucking prime directive?

>having them degrade from noble starfleet officers to basically borderline pirates to stay alive would have been great, and they could have had a great redemption moment at the end.

That would have been awesome, but totally unacceptable for producers. They wanted to keep show kiddie friendly and episodic. The fact that third of crew were maquis would have allowed a ton of conflict and paranoia inside the ship. That was also killed very soon as Star Trek is utopia with no internal conflict.

Star Trek Equinox would have been better show and they also had better looking ship.

You know it's summer when people are calling Janeway a good captain.

this.

Janeway was a shitty captain. She could have been home by the end of the 2nd season just by sleeping with Q. She values her pussy more than her crew. Fuck Janeway.

This. the first three films are Kirk and pals doing shit they otherwise wouldn't do if Kirk weren't Admiral. They would have been court-martialled on the spot in any other situation.

Oh please, we all know Q. He's a loophole abuser. He'd find another way to make Janeway and crew suffer.
and besides, if Q had intervened, the Borg would have still been a massive threat.

I never said that, just that Starfleet has reason to reward her.

That fucking picture killed me. Jesus Christ.

Ah yes, because that's exactly what I said. I don't know how to break this to you, but I'm old enough to probably be your dad. And have been on here for a long fucking time.

>a vessel slated for scrapping was stolen and inadvertently destroyed
Oh the humanity.

>3 posts defending and complimenting Janeway
>bbbbut I didn't say she was a good captain!

I'm guessing you've never seen star trek.

>She could have been home by the end of the 2nd season just by sleeping with Q

Or she has read some briefing about Q's shenanigans and knows that Q is not really trustworthy. Also whole point of show was being stranded in delta quadrant.

The problem with Janeway as character is that she is in half the episodes by the book goody two shoes and in other half pragmatist who doesn't give a fuck about rules. It's as if there were two completely different creative teams doing the show without any coordination.

Is it right or wrong is irrelevant. Punishing people for irrelevant shit is what happens in any military by default.

Decommissioned ships can be used for parts, or kept in mothballs and brought back into service in a time of extreme need, such as the Dominion War. Kirk used the self-destruct and the wreckage crashed onto a planet which then exploded.

But that doesn't matter anyway, at his court martial all the charges except disobeying orders were dismissed, so that's the only part that was taken into account in him being demoted to Captain (because he just saved the Whales and Earth too I guess).

I'm guessing you don't know how navies typical work?

everyone knew the demotion was really a reward anyway, everyone who knew him knew he was miserable as an admiral

Do you think he could pull off a guest appearance on the new show?

>i never saw sttmp

Janeway, the biggest Mary Sue in the franchise that invented the Mary Sue.

Kirk was promoted to Admiral tho.

Janeway was promoted because Starfleet couldn't court marshal her because it would be damaging to public morale as the Voyager crew were kind of heroes, so they stuck her behind a desk where she wouldn't do a ton of damage.

>so they stuck her behind a desk where she wouldn't do a ton of damage.
Except for the whole time travel thing.

did you mean Picard instead of Kirk? oh wait, this is a bait thread

>Voth
I don't know which is stupider, the Voth or the results of Tom Paris' transwarp experiment.

>The big annoying thing is inconsistency, especially with Janeway. One week she totally by the book, lets do the good thing even if fucks us over. Next week: What fucking prime directive?
I always see posted that she's inconsistent, but I think that's just because she's not either all rule abiding or all rule breaking. She's pretty consistently believes the Federation way is the best way to do things, until it isn't because she's in a situation the Federation hadn't imagined yet. Then, if you're gonna break the rules you don't do it half-assed. That is the Janeway.

>Star Trek Equinox would have been better show and they also had better looking ship.
Mmm yes. It's comically small though. I'm not sure I believe such a small ship could get so far.

>Mmm yes. It's comically small though. I'm not sure I believe such a small ship could get so far.

It could go much deeper into nightmare territory.

Will we ever get a series of alternate universe movies with the Picard crew?

they're all bait threads, ensign

>believing humans could achieve any form of ftl travel
>believing humans could survive any speeds even remotely approaching ftl without being crushing into atoms
>believing in interstellar travel will be achieved by anything other than nano-machines floating through space like spores
doesn't seem like such a stretch famalam

probably not. and don't read the books, they're horrible.

>that time when the best Voyager season was the third season of Enterprise

Are you literally retarded?

great post frien

Are those the same books that feature a giant planet eating grid of borg cubes, Janeway becoming the borg UBER QUEEN, 7of9 saving the day by giving janeway a computer virus and Picard having a kid with Crusher at the ripe young age of 97?

Havent read them but have read a lot of the silly shit on memory alpha/beta and remember those oddball passages.

I know the Defiant doesn't have a canonical size, but isn't the Equinox almost as small as the Defiant?

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

That sounds fucking stupid

Why didn't Janeway just take the Q D? It's not like she was fucking anyone anyways.

Yes, exactly. You haven't read them -- so you're not qualified to talk about the subject. Either read them or fuck off.

Wasn't Janeway the most important member of Starfleet in over 200 years? That sweet delta quadrant tech and data is more important than anything any of the other shitty captains ever did. That and she saved the alpha quadrant from ruin and all.

Whoa guys, watch out. We got a live one here.

>Honestly not sure why he accepted the promotion but he sure came to regret it later.

He was following the Starfleet expected path. In fact originally as Admiral he was head of Starfleet operations, an actual job that while not ship command at least gave him mildly interesting things to do and that was why he wasn't quite as unhappy with his spot in TMP.

By WOK though he'd basically been reassigned to do nothing, which is when he started having problems with it.

The Milky Way galaxy is only like 100k light years across and there are hundreds of different humanoid species that we know of in the Star Trek universe. With all of the species who were exploring hundreds to thousands of years before humans why did no one ever know anything about the galaxy outside of the alpha quadrant?

What a pleb. They knew quite a bit about the beta quadrant as well. But because even at warp ten it would take decades to reach the delta or gamma quadrants, most of the "modern" civilizations (Romulans, UFP, Klingons, Ferengi, Cardassians, Breen, etc.) didn't push out that far. There were older civilizations that were present in most if not all quadrants.

Imagine how /poltv/ would react if Voyager came out in 2016.
>"They've ruined Star Trek with forced diversity and pandering!"
>WE WUZ VULCANS AND SHIET!
>muh stronk womyn inconsistent Mary Sue captain
>muh Indian Heritage character complete with tribal tatoos in the 24th century
>only one FUCKING WHITE MALE in the main cast

>Kirk saves the Federation and countless civilizations a number of times

But that's wrong. He was promoted and then DEMOTED for stealing the Enterprise to save Spock and then sorta not punished really for saving the Federation with whales.

What was the Equinox? A nova class? They are both small, but the Defiant is damn tiny. Neither is made for deep space travel though.

If they do I hope they follow the fanfiction novels premise of half his crew being unable to cope with the time period adjustment and getting drafted into Temporal Investigations.

The guy who designed the Equinox based it on the "pathfinder" Defiant, which is basically the same size but without all the gaps in its frame filled in to make it that Defiant saucer shape

>muh stronk womyn inconsistent Mary Sue captain

Janeway is fucking trash though.

Star Trek doesn't throw that shit in your face for no reason though (well, until Pegg got on his soapbox with beyond and decided it was 2016.)

Sup Forums is hyper vigilant about females and minorities and lib logic being force fed to audiences but they will inevitably relent when there's nothing to see.

Sup Forums came to love Supergirl despite a few obnoxious quips about feminism in the early episodes because it was a fun show and they didn't over-push the diversity and white men bad memes.

Sup Forums would've had a love hate relationship with Voyager due to the huge variance in quality throughout the series but the hate wouldn't be due to Sup Forums reasons.

IMHO this would have been better Defiant as it look like federation ship and design could have been modified easily to something bit different with modules. That modularity was general idea behind it. That notch in saucer could be filled with different stuff.

Well entire Trek community has love hate relationship with real Voyager. Well also with DS9 because it goes bit into darker territory in humanity instead staying utopistic.

>there was never a mirror universe TNG episode

>utopistic

"Utopian," friend.

Honestly only good mirror universe episodes are TOS and ENT ones.

They never showed it, but they toyed with the front being able to separate.

Defiant's design deviated too much from Federation conventions for me. Same with any ship with a single nacelle.

I didn't mind because it's not a real ship. Its a glorified shuttlecraft.

But it was a war ship.

nice

100x worse than a bad wh40k novel.

Star trek expanded universe is the worst and it diminishes all literature. Kys

>lesbian Kira

YOU ARE WRONG

Picard repeatedly declined promotions to Admiral, reaffirmed by his conversation with Kirk in the Nexus.
He just wanted to stay in that chair.

Janeway was probably fucking sick of commanding a starship, and Starfleet Command probably wanted to sweep her under the rug so her repeated violations of the Prime Directive didn't embarrass the whole organisation.

nobody said that.
but she deserved that promotion.
very janeway thing to do too.
>fuck space, i've got a fiance, a dog, maaan, all i really ever wanted was a pot of hot, black coffee, maaan, fuck voyaging, LIFE... that's the ultimate voyage. el fin.