So Sup Forums, I just watched this movie and I dozed off at the beginning where they explain why he has lost his powers...

So Sup Forums, I just watched this movie and I dozed off at the beginning where they explain why he has lost his powers, can someone explain the movie and why he lost his regeneration powers

didn't lose them. they just slowed down a lot. also adamantium skeleton is starting to poison him.

His age is really the main reason, even then it didn't really touch on it too much though.

He's thought to be 200+ (?) and getting old AF

Yeah pretty much this

How the fuck is age a problem when the first scene of the first movie shows that he's like 200 years old

Did the adamantium decay and start poisoning or had he been poisoned from the start?

F

I like fox men movies but never try to make sense of them, I'm more confused about Calibans age, the timelines, and the several different actors for Stryker and other characters like Moira and Angel

Adamantium has basically given him Wolverine cancer, they never actually explain it, just that he's accepted death and isn't acting to prevent it.

If the metal is poisonous, maybe his full healing abilities kept it at bay, but now that he was old af the poison is too much for him.

the adamantium was decaying and poisoning him, yea and when he was given the serum that increased the mutated powers of any mutant

OP here, what was keeping Xavier alive? I heard something about his brain, and that's it

Logan ignores continuity, since the rest of the x men movies mostly suck and have a wildly different tone to this one.

Sorta reminiscent to Creed where the dumb Rocky sequels are acknowledged but never explored in-depth cause they are too dumb.

And apparently Logan takes place on the same timeline Days of Future Past rewrote. Days of Future Past happened in 2021 and Logan is in 2029. So shit got that fucked up in 8 years? All mutants that we all know are all dead?

THis All this

He was 200 when the Adamantium was implanted, he was about 250 when Logan was set, if it was an age thing 50 years isn't going to see him surviving multiple impalings and drowning to being unable to survive minor stabbings or heal scars.

Did the explain what happened to all the mutants? I watched the movie and have no idea. It's set in 2029 so some major shit had to have happened.

Except the adamantium is constantly poisoning him those entire 50 years, so it probably just wore his body down eventually.

the adamantium has only been added to his body in the last 50 years or so though...

I do know in the comics that Wolverine had been brainwashed into thinking that he needed to kill all the mutants and he did, and it seems like Xavier also was probably having issues that were in Logan and probably killed some too??

Replying to myself here

How come he wasn't weakened in previous future settings though?

because stuff, because they wanted to tell a different story then. :P Duh. Don't overthink this shit.

In a previous movie, Wolverine was shot point blank in the head and survived because of his adamantium skull. This new "perfect" Wolverine gets shot and his head literally explodes. That was fucking stupid and ruined the movie.

Spoilers obviously...

[spoiler]You know that company they were talking about, with the genetically modified corn? The bad guys used a variation of the Mutant Cure from X3 to create a strain of corn that would eradicate the latent mutant gene and stop new mutants from being born (and spread it through the use of corn syrup).

The X-Men were killed by Xavier's first seizure.[/spoiler]

Xavier killed them all by mistake with his super seizures when his brain started deteriorating. As far as I know at least. Wolverine survived because healing factor.

I thought it was the regressive mutant gene additive they were using in the corn. When he is helping that farmer fix the water pump he mentions the big corporate companies use large machines to harvest all the corn and that it taste like shit. This would also explain why there are no longer any more mutants popping up because the government is trying to prevent the mutant gene from every developing. So since this substance is in pretty much everything, Logan has slowly been getting weaker due to it which then leads to the metal poisoning surfacing since his mutant gene is starting being repressed

Adamantium bullet in this movie, not in the other one.

Oh fuck! Right! Shit! I totally forgot about that!

True

Pretty sure the other movie was adamantium bullet as well, that's how it did enough damage to mess up his memory.

How did Caliban survive?

Yes both were admantium. It was the only thing that could weaken his memory and damage him permanantly

In old man logan comics, mysterio makes wolverine see an illusion that all the villains are attacking westchester. So he decapitated them all. After he realizes is was not real and sees the dead bodies of all x-men.

In the movie Xavier kills all the x-men and students in westchester by leaving them paralyzed when he has a massive seizure. Only wolverine survives.

Still part of continuity, just the days of future past timeline, which i think goes ,First class, DOFP, Apocalypse, x1, not sure about x2 and Last stand never happens

Caliban wasn't at the mansion at the time, I believe.

Which movie? The only one I remember where he got shot in the head was by the cop.

So we are to assume that everyone in the world consumed the corn syrup and it effected everyone the same way?

He didn't. But they extracted his DNA at the end

are you dense or did you miss the part where it was hinted at very very strongly that professor killed all the xmen. logan was immune/healed from the damage and managed to squirrel the proffessor away from the authorities who were actively hunting him for killing alot of people including the whole xmen crew

The one where he fought a version of Deadpool at the end. The head bad guy shot him. He woke up and couldnt remember who his wife was.

Which is funny, live in Aus myself and we use next to 0 corn syrup, everything is sugar cane based because like the US we grow too much and have to find a use for it.

Where did you read /see this?

Its stated in the movie

Mutants are already a fraction of a percent of the population. What they released was basically a targeted genetic weapon that attacked the latent mutant gene and neutralized it.

In the movie.

Critical mass. you're aging since you're a kid but it doesn't have bad effects until your much older and the effects have stacked.

6/10, the amount of hype this movie has received probably made my review a point lower than it shoulda been.

8 years of a 250yr life span, I think not tiny tim. Only external causes or cancer which begins in critical locations kills you that quickly not degeneration.

>the head bad guy
>William Stryker

>The bad guys used a variation of the Mutant Cure from X3 to create a strain of corn that would eradicate the latent mutant gene and stop new mutants from being born

And there's a scene of Laura eating corn flakes. Shit, that's cruel!

I assumed it was the alcohlism

if your healing factor slows down from age it sure will
he didnt die from degeneration you nig, he died from getting his ass handed to him multiple times and his healing factor not being up to snuff to heal him anymore

the real question you should be asking is if all his bones are coated with adamantium how the hell did a fuck tree branch manage to impale him through the chest. does he not have a ribcage or a spinal column?

Alright, so how the fuck did he get his adamantium claws back after the samurai dude sliced them off in the last movie?

Also, how did he get his memory back?

That's the point though, he was no different in 2021 but dying in 2029, you don't go from fucking shit up to being an old man in ~3 years(for a normal person) without an external factor.

>that constant screeching
>shut up shut up SHUT THE FUCK UP
Worst part of the movie tbh fam

This movie deserves an oscar. It probably won't get one.... But it totally should.

sometimes you gotta give it to shadman

The adamantium was toxic from the very beginning. His healing factor has prevented it from causing any issues, however. He'd have died very shortly after the adamantium was inserted into his body otherwise.

I recall someone saying the cornflakes she was eating were organic and not all evil like

He'd have died from the process

If I remember correctly from reading Deadpool the healing factor basically stops working after it has been used a shit ton. Haven't seen the movie but can assume that his healing factor was constantly at work preventing the cancer/posion/plot hole fixer caused by the adamantium inside him. At one point in the comics I think Wolverine dies (fully) after some cunt burns him to death every time his healing factor kicks in.

The more you know

James Mangold and Dafne Keen have both said they are willing to do an x-23 movie. And Mangold said he's already god ideas for the story. God damn I hope it happens.

He has bone cancer, a super human healing factor, and bones that can't be healed. His body goes crazy starting to treat the made up super metal as a foreign body. Super body fighting a giant itself more and more. Wolverine dies.

wtf are you doing in this thread if you haven't seen it? spoilers everywhere. gtfo and go see it.

No its not. He's like 600 years old in the comics and 300ish in cinematic universe.

No

How the fuck did they get to the Canadian border so fast? It's like they crossed the Mexican border, he had to stop and rest forever, then they were there. Did that girl drive the whole way? That would be stupid if she did.

Keeping him alive? His body I guess? It wasn't like magic or mutant powers it's not like he should have been dead....

Yep, this is pretty much what I figured

did no one watch the second fucking movie. He loses most of his regenerative powers because he gains mortality from a woman, which also starts to make him age properly. Geez people

mexican loli magic

He gained it back by pulling it from his heart.

The actor is getting older.

It happened in a comic book, so we're supposed to know why without them explaining it to us.

She was trained to be a super soldier from birth. Is it really that hard to believe that they taught them how to drive? Also they had already travelers to at least north cali by the time he had passed out. They had been driving for days before chuck got the kia.

because it's capeshit and doesn't have to make sense.

Yes, it is hard to believe they would waste time training these children mutant soldiers how to drive.

Can't seem to remember what comic I got this discretion from. If I recall correctly it was given as an explanation for why wolverine had died by Reed Richards.

>Is it really that hard to believe that they taught them how to drive?
I didn't notice all the other kids' cars, must have missed that.

Actually no. In the movie I think it's intentional that you don't know. He doesn't even know. Would it really have added to the movie to have ten minute scene where they explain that he basically won't live?

But on the same token it still stripped most of his regenerative powers and what i think happened was during the period in which he was mortal the adamantium poisoned him enough to do permanent damage and put the aging cycle into process. Oh and Xavier's seizures dont help either

>Does a movie have to explain the plot?
Yes, faggot. The whole movie centered around him losing his powers.

Why? They taught them how to do a lot else. You think they were just born fighting that we'll? They were in a facility all their lives did you think all those moves were self taught?

I don't think a scenario would arise where they would have to drive. Also, you just answered your own question in that they were in a facility all their lives. Where would they be able to drive to practice?

Are you actually retarded? Is that really your argument

"How could they know how to drive? They don't even have cars when we see them in there secret hide out!"

Is this really your argument? Would you like to try a less retarded one?

I'm not even sure if you know what the word "plot" means. Troll harder friend.

Insults and then not answering the question usually means you're the retard.

You really don't think that a super soldier would need to be able to drive? At all? Really?

Also they would practice in the giant fenced in part of the facility that they showed multiple times in the movie. Try harder.

Yo I have a question: If Legion is charles xavier's son, when and in which timeline does the show take place?

If you can't see the obvious flaw in your logic of "I didn't see them in/with cars therefore they can't drive" then I'm not going to explain it to you. You are beyond help. Also what about the part where one of them drove a car for an extended period of time? Did you forget about that?

Fuck you. It's the answer you'll get from them I'm just saving you time. This is the best answer you're going to get. People trying to answer you for real is much more awful.

He was also present at an atom bomb dropping. The radiation stuck to his bones and helped the poisoning.

i'm surprised no one came to this conclusion yet;

my hypothesis is that after the first xseizure, it probably messed up part of regenerative factor, by way of shaking up his dna structure and beginning to introduce some defects in that gene.

2nd theory:
the regressive mutant gene that the company began mass feeding the mutants is repressing his healing factor, and weakening it over long consumption, only way to counter that would be to begin a new diet. seeing as the use of corn based products is so widespread in the americas, this would probably be unfeasible

The actor also played young Wolverine clone.

during the time she was taken refuge, i'd assume the caretaker would have taught her a couple of life lessons to ensure her survival when the nurse would eventually separate from x23, via death or whatnot.

it's not that big of a stretch honestly

Am I the only person who thought he meant the adamatium was poisoning him metaphorically?

I'm pretty sure his regenating ability just went down because he got old.

He didn't have the adimantium when that happened, you dolt. He didn't get the adamantium skeleton for another 30ish years after that.

This, the bad doctor guy says it. Probably this why wolverine is getting affected by adamntium and kiddowolf isn't

>The radiation stuck to his bones.
Learn to reading comprehension