Make 20 million for a film

>make 20 million for a film
>39% to income tax
>10% to agent
>10% to manager
>8.2 million left

truly the american dream

They don't mind, they'll even shill for the people who take their money!

>agent AND manager
for what purpose

>8.2 million left
Boo Hoo, so sad.

WTF i hate income tax, agents, and managers now!

Fuck off back to Sup Forums

>repost the same thread every day
truly the reddit dream

>2016
>still believing in the american dream
>most American literature of the start of last century was about the loss of the American dream if there ever was one, exposing its underbelly as the façade it all was
How come?

I don't see anyone leaving Hollywood willingly, user

Only retards who never understood the American dream think it's dead.

It's not about being entitled to a nice cushy job just because you were born in America. It's about leaving your irrelevant shithole/euro nation to go to America and being much more successful than if you stayed in your shithole.

But that doesn't actually happen.

wouldn't tax be taken off whatever is left after the manager and agent take their commission?

What is the difference between a manager and an agent? Why would you need both?

>Business owners don't get taxed before paying their employees wages
Top fucking kek

Sup Forums and Sup Forums i swear to god i wish my english was better so i could browse actual good Sup Forums boards but is fucking emberassing.

>Same shitty maymays
>Same shittypate

>wouldn't tax be taken off whatever is left after the manager and agent take their commission

No. What? Really? What?

You know agent and manager are the same thing right? You might have both is you are someone like Taylor swift who is trying to build an empire.

Agent
>read scripts
>get you auditions
>talk to people you don't want to talk to

Manager
>makes sure you don't go broke
>gets you meetings
>organizes your life
>pays your bills

no they aren't you fucking moron. why are retards like you so confident when you know nothing

I don't think a manager is entitled to commission, they oversee things related more to your personal life rather than your career. They would be paid a separate salary.

lmao agent and manager are not the same thing.

when you're at Leo's level you have 2 or 3 agents just reading scripts all day and giving you the best ones.

Managers take care of the PR and the day to day shit so Leo doesn't go broke or overdose

>have no job
>sit on your computer
>repost stupid threads on Sup Forums

truly the american mem

How did you get 8.2 million?

>20 million - 20% for manager and agent = 16 million
>16 million - 39% income tax = 9.76 millon

Except it does.
I have 4 neighbors literally from China/India whose parents run small shops (chinese restaurant, a souvenier shop from india on a pagoda in the mall, a nail salon, etc) and literally all of their kids are in college becoming doctors/engineers.

c

You forgot union dues.

20 million - 39% income tax = 12.2 million
12.2 million - 20% for agent and manager = 9.76 million

How does one become an agent and or a manager?

idk where you live but you get taxed before you pay your employers

Did you even read the post? Clearly I taxed him before paying.

Move to hollywood, past that it's just a lot of footwork and networking. Hope you get lucky with someone just starting who goes big.

No shitskin in a shitskin country makes 800k a year in garbage collection. You have to come here for that and one did.

You know they get a 100,000 grant to start businesses, right?

Feel free to provide your source m8.
If you think any immigrant that comes here just gets 100k to start a business, you're really not in touch with reality.

>a small profit of 8 million dollars