How do I get better at math

How do I get better at math

What about math confuses you?

I'm in college calculus and I have no clue what is going on and I'm failing

turn autism levels down a bit

Practice.
Thats how i got better.
Youtube videos so the ligic can get to you.
Motivate yourself by convincing yourself that you will be using and needing those things.
Find an incentive to learn math.
Understand that it is basically the language of engineering and anysort of real science. With out it you arent a scientist.

They're as low as I can get them, what else?

literally just think better

What part dont you get, also are you from the states or canada.

Add me on kik
Johnzimmermam

Do literally every single problem in your textbook

USA and I don't understand things like implicit and direct differention and no thanks

Pay attention, maybe that will help

True all jokes aside i did that and man does it help. Walked out with a 96 in cal 1 and 89 in cal 2.
Its practice if your slow at catching on to logical things and or if you have a week base.

>Johnzimmermam
Keks achieved

Add me on kik, if you need helo. This thread will turn into a shitstorm in the next ten minutes of people telling you to kys.
Kik is anonymous you know ?
Just trying help.
Incase you change your mind and need real help for free:
Kik:
Johnzimmermam

Dont get it wasnt that the girl who lost her face to a dog attack.

Practice and go see the tutor on campus. You just need to work through hundreds of problems.

Watch Youtube videos
Learn why you're doing calculus in the first place and gain an appreciation for math in general
Pique your interest

If you're worth a damn as a STEM student, you will either become genuinely interested in knowing more about mathematics as a field, or become disciplined enough to suck it up and move past it.

If you think Cal 1 is hard, wait until you get to Cal 2. That will rip your asshole fucking open.

Looool cal 2. Integrals...
Intermediate cal.
Advanced cal for engineers.
Linear algebra and partial differential equations...
Cal 1 is logical
Cal 2 is logical and cal3 is logical.

Calc 1 was hardest for me. Don't know why. I think because it was a rather new concept. Calc 2 was much easier for me but I've heard many people get fucked by 2. Calc 3 isn't bad at all. I can't do calc 3 problems anymore though. Diff Eq was kind of fun once you get through the first few weeks. Then it just becomes learning different ways to solve the same problems but they get long fast.

Linear Algebra was meh. Cal 2 was hardest for me, much more so than Cal 3 or any other math class I took.

What are your guys' opinions on using a calculator or not? Obviously doing long, tedious operations by hand is, well, long and tedious but could it be better for you in the long run?

I'm guessing that because mathematicians didn't have this convenience hundreds of years ago, and thus couldn't bitch about doing long problems by hand, they developed a better "math work ethic," kind of like endurance training.

We were never allowed calcs and I've never taken the time to learn to use one to bypass the work. Wolframalpha is pretty nice to use both for math classes and other stuff.

Study, go to study groups, get a tutor.

Our brains are unique in how we process things. In high school I aced chemistry and physics, mostly math. Yet I almost failed trigonometry and had to take pre-calculus due to actually failing, 2nd time I barely passed by studying more than ever. It was frustrating beyond words, not understanding why this, so formulaic, seemed beyond me even though the science classes which were seemingly the same, were so easy.

In uni, i took calculus, but got every help available, and I did ok. Seek out assistance, don't feel ashamed, and push yourself.

Took pre-calc twice*