What PSP games should I play? Whats your favourite and why?

What PSP games should I play? Whats your favourite and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Y8vCU299LM&list=PLl8dvWN39W7LxW7psJGMekjW_LxxuJOp5&index=2
gbatemp.net/forums/psp-hacking-homebrew.224/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Patapon. Pic related. This game hella fun. rythym game/rpg

Monster Hunter

any SOCOM title except the one that has a top down view of the whole squad and RTS

My fav was patapon 1,2 and resistance retribution, and gta liberty city stories

puzzle quest, the original match 3. and it was good.

metal gear peace walker was fun too.

Anyone like tekken 6 on it?

Tenchu Time of the Assassins.

That new Zelda game is pretty fun. PSP hasn't been out for too long; so there's not a lot of games for it.

i was about to say...
metal gear solid peacewalker. imo it's the best of all the mgs games

fuck yeah use to play that all the time with my cousin

Daxter
>The launch title essentially
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
>Does this need a reason?
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
>Super fun times. Blasting aliens galore
Crisis Core: FFVII
>My favorite so far. Just a masterpiece.

You can Google the rest

god of war chains of olympus and god of war ghost of sparta those are my favorite because i was a poor faggot and were the only 2 i was able to play

Plenty of story?

It can play PSX and GBA games.

WIPEOUT

Can I play FF 7 and Resident Evil 3 with this? I have an old PSP lying around here somewhere.

final fantasy 7 crisis core, or jailbreak it and play shitloads of roms

lol psp is this 2006

No, you can't.

All of this.

Silent hill

YES you can. Easy. I hacked mine, and I have almost 20 ps1 games installed lol.

Get custom firmware installed
Install emulators
Snes
Mega drive
Arcades
Ps1
N64
Etc
????
Profit

Final Fanasy Dissidia duodecim 012
Probably one of the greatest fighting games I've played, getting good at the game is super satisfying

I like it a lot.

Mgs Peace Walker and Mgs Portable ops!! The only games you need

Isn't 3DS better?

Still the Best handheld

I don't have any favourite and you should avoid game that requires quick response and intensive precise usage of analog thumb i.e Dante's Inferno and GTA series. There is a level in Lust chapter from Dante's Inferno which literally would make you so frustrated enough to quit the game and also the driving in GTA especially on time limited missions are almost impossible. The analog stick just not responsive enough for them (at least for me). Stick to games where you can just go ahead and smash everything or stealth mode based games such as Tenchu, Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell.

Some Hidden Gems:

Work Time Fun
Pixel Junk Monsters (Tower Defense)
Breath of Fire 3 (PSX Port)
Tales of Destiny (PSX Port)

The best thing about the ports are that they are wide screen, instead of 4:3 screen. Some PSX games support widescreen natively, like Ghost in the Shell and Wipeout 3... but only a few.

this

Remake of Medievil.

Yes. Mod psp with custom firmware. Put ps1 emulator on it. Put iso's for games on memory card. Load in the emulator. Good times.

>Killzone
Weird gameplay at first, but really fun once you get used to it
>Resistance retribution
Probably my favorite game on PSP, its the only PSP game which has a decent (pretty good, actually) online gamemplay, even tho im not sure, but i think they closed online access on the PSP
>Peace Walker
Put this here as a metal gear fan, AWESOME graphics for such an underpowered device, but the gameplay isnt really that good IMO.
>Crisis Core
By far, the game i spent the most time on this console, really great, even tho it tends to get repetitive (this is a FF thing in general, i guess)
>Fieldrunners
Underrated game, its a tower defense so you'll like it if you enjoy plants vs zombies or such.

Daxter, crash bandicoot 2, gun

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep

There's no need for a ps1 emulator. The ps1 games run natively.

Dissidia Final Fantasy. Hella fun fighting game

I second this. Monster hunter was the peak of the psp

What is it about?

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
one of the best psp game, seriously underrated game

Hunting monsters you dumbfuck

nah that shit is about making armor out of carcasses and cats, lots of cats

LittleBig planet
Loco Roco

God i cant imagine how great it felt when i finally got my psp hacked and got the ps1 emulator to run my favorite childhood (well even erlier childhood i guess) games perfectly.

Spent like a month in the summer running a program (something de cementario) trying to hack it with no results and then finally ordered and got my datel tool battery (pandora battery).

Best shit ever, finally got it working and installed m33 firmware, and just before our vacation to mexico so i had something fun to play on the airplane/in the hotel at late at night. God i miss being able to get excited over stuff like that, now im just an emotionless husk who for whatever reason is afraid to show his emotions and enjoy himself. I miss being young

Kingdom Hearts BBS
>Not a lot of reference if any to KH, just know that there's Disney in there, go for it, OST/Graphics are top notch

All GoW's
>Great graphics, fluid movement, sound is amazing for a little console, features were grand too, try the farming technique in the end of one of them to unlock everything in the 'gallery'

All GTA's
>Chinatown has a slow, shitty start but it gets better, the other two are primo

Quite a few nostalgia games in the mix, even games you didn't try
>NBA street v3 has a somewhat shitty version that didn't live up to its ps2 game but still got it for nostalgia
>Got to try the fantastic port of DJ FFNY
>Can play ps1 games too

Both Tekkens
>Great if you're a Tekken fan, or a beginner, T5DR's CPU is how I learned numerous characters strings and when to low parry, it's also very crushing and cheap but worth it, lots of features too, T6 stays true to its PS3/X360 adaptations, well worth the try but maybe after you master T5 so that you can do bounds etc easier and hopefully advance to TTT2/T7

TL;DR Get yourself a large memory card and mod your ps3, get all the games I mentioned and enjoy your stay.

>look through thread
>no mention of god eater burst at all
What is the meaning of your lives?

Tbh the best thing to do is to just get a memory card, jailbreak your PSP, and then play whatever you see in the thread or elsewhere. It's sorta like what I did except I bought some of my games. They come relatively cheap. If you're afraid of the jailbreak just go to eBay or whatever and find a bundle deal, or separate UMDs. Not the best idea tbh but yeah, if you're afraid of the break do that.

Assassin's Creed was pretty butt though iirc, it was really clunky

well Sup Forums is full of normies and fags now, wtf did you expect, that's not a game casuals like, but hey I'm the guy who put GITS:SAC like this faggot is actually gonna play it

Star wars battlefront 2 and srar wars battkefront : elite squadron

Makes fun even after 100 hours

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

I dropped it after playing half an hour. All I saw was a bad story.
And then i finished ShinMegamiTensei 4 on 3DS.

This. Definitly.

plenty of story!

youtube.com/watch?v=7Y8vCU299LM&list=PLl8dvWN39W7LxW7psJGMekjW_LxxuJOp5&index=2

1000% agree

Agree with the shouts for Monster Hunter (Portable 3rd is good too, though I think it was only released in JP, so you have to patch the ISO for EN). GTA VCS and LCS were both good too.

VCS was a bit better, but yas i agree

Rachet and Clank size matters. One of the bes games of my childhood.

Metal Gear Acid (specifically 2) was the most fun I had on that platform. Only PSP game I finished. More turn based, deck building than MGS series.

Ya but it was really lightweight.
It was like 200mb or so while the rest of the games were 800mb-2gb
It has nothing to do with gameplay, but it was always in my memory card.

Agreed, shit was awesome
also FF Dissidia, Crisis Core, Lumines (sort of rythm n' tetris)

Ah, and GTA Liberty City Stories also

Best god damn game of all time.

This

And Loco Roco, and Silent hill

How does it compare to the PS1 game? I used to love that shit as a child.

The penguin one is really cool, forgot what it was called

>ShinMegamiTensei 4
got my n3ds here beside me, worth buying?

Yeah. This guy gets it. Wipeout was also fun.

I got this.

The psp is one of the most useful and comfiest consoles even today, especially when you add it's hackability, modability and emulation capacity (ps1, gba, snes, nes, atari, master system, gameboy, gameboy colour, and MAME!).

You don't need an expensive sony proprietary card anymore, just get a cr-5400 memory stick adapter and whack in one or two micro-sd cards).

Persona 3 portable, patapon, ff7 crisis core, fftactics, the gtas, locoroco, GITS: SAC, Disgaea, half-minute hero etc.

Best model = psp-2000 (especially pandora-able ones)
Best Firmwares = 6.60 or lower

Go here to learn how to mod it with a custom firmware: gbatemp.net/forums/psp-hacking-homebrew.224/

It was kinda but overall at least to me, it was an easy game to play and it is almost impossible for you to die also at most parts all I did was fight them all face to face. Lol

wipEout pulse

i didn't buy it, but i had fun playing it. Don't buy if you don't like level grinding.

Dead Head Fred was fun.
Disagea and FF Core Crysis is a must if you played FF7
WipeOut Pulse is the only game I bought with my PSP and my only regret is the DLC content i didn't buy

Diablo 3
Rise of Legends
Forza Horizon 2
Point Blank
California Games 1 and 2
Diddy Kong Racing
Richard Burns Rally

PEACE WALKER OP FUCKING TRUST ME ON THIS ONE ITS THE BEST METAL GEAR SOLID AND I'M NOT BEING IRONIC I REALLY MEAN IT I WAS ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY WITHY THE QUALITY OF THAT GAME AND ITS IN MY TOP 5 FAVOURITE GAMES OF ALL TIEM

Only have to git gud at Gilgamesh in the first one, but fucking mastering jecht is the best feeling

These anons have got it. Also if youre not into pirating movies, see about getting a UMD of Curse of the Golden Flower, every pawn shop in NY Town has like five copies and it's a really good flick

god of war!

Breath of the Wild, the big majority of reviewers gave it a 10/10.

my nigga

lumines is good

Any suggestions for the PS Vita?

Person 4 golden

inb4 patapon
already have it

Valkyria Chronicles 2

Are these guys meming or are they just illiterate?

Persona Dancing All Night
DIGIMON CyberSleuth

what is persona about?
and someone suggested hotline miami to me before, is it any good?

how has no one posted gitaroo man yet?

>put CFW on it
>put THPS2 on it
perfect portable game

WTF
O I U
R M N
K E

Good timepasser

>Twisted Metal Head-On
>Socom Fireteam Bravo
>DBZ fighting games are alright.

Probably a lot more that I am forgetting about, but PSP is dead now compared to when I played it.

Also, emulators, etc.

How about on sony official site?