I'm curious if this is normal or if it's just my greedy relatives who do this

I'm curious if this is normal or if it's just my greedy relatives who do this.

>somebody old dies
>my relatives swarm like vultures the day after their death to start claiming money and possessions they want

It's gotten to the point where we can't keep houses. The house of the deceased MUST be sold so that the money can be divided equally. God forbid any one person got to inherit a house, the resentment would tear my family apart.

I'm an only child so wasn't an issue when my parents died, but I've seen it with my girlfriend's family (both sides) and another friend's family. Basically people suck and death really brings out the worst in people.

My girlfriend was living with her grandmother when she died. She was 17 and her bitch of an Aunt kicked her out and gave her like 15 minutes to gather all of her belongings. Luckily she had a friend she could stay with, otherwise she would have been fucked.

My dad and I used to care a bit for one of his sisters who lived alone after her husband died because her kids didn't give a fuck about her.
Like going shopping for her and driving her to the doctors. taking her to the hospital and visiting her there every few days so she wouldn't feel alone.. stuff like that.
I used to grow to like her even though we didn't really know each other before. She was the only person I know that loved winter sports as much as I do.

We had to be there in her last days when her kidneys failed.

When she died, my dad called one of her sons to inform the kids about it and his answer was literally "Yeah we know she's dead. We've already changed the locks on the house."
The inheritance was the only thing they thought of.. zero emotion. Still makes me mad as fuck.

I hope someone read this because it's the first time I've ever talked about it. This made me really angry.

Let it out user. Im listening.

This is "normal," in the sense that it is extremely common, though I hate putting a title like normal on it to make it seem like it is moral or acceptable in any way. But yes in my experience this has always been true, especially if the deceased is wealthy. Siblings fight over being the executor of the will, I've seen executors that steal everything they can (to the point they've been sued over it), I've seen people with dementia forced to sign wills that they in their right mind would never have wanted. It's all very sad. The only thing I can suggest is never expect to inherit anything, and if you do it comes as a surprise.

Your family Jewish by any chance?

>all these shitty ylyl, trap, "pics you shouldn't share", roll for fap, etc. threads on page 1
>one good thread constantly near 404

I hate new Sup Forums

Well it looks like Trump has leveled the playing field he is not just going after the poor he’s going after the middle class and the rich the way he did when he was a slum lord funny part is they like the frog that doesn’t notice the temperature rising until it’s too late are going to get screwed just like the Doctors, insurance, and pharmaceutical companies
Yea you’re a stupid liberaltard he’s going to make America great again he just lies about unimportant stuff like using American steel on the Dakota pipeline bringing coal jobs back or grabbing Women by the pussy besides if he did do something like that those rich people could get some of those 475,000 part time minimum wage jobs jet because the poor can’t live good on them doesn’t mine the rich can’t

Happened when my grandfather died. He had remarried in old age and his second wife and her fucking utter piece of shit daughter literally locked my mother, aunts and uncles out of the house and sold everything. Either binned or sold family items (pictures of relatives who had died during the world wars, heirlooms etc) without even checked if the actual family wanted them.

Some people are just fucking scum, deep down.

No, your relatives are just really greedy

It's never happened in my family.

t. Christian family

This shit is so fucked up. I don't know what's going to happen when my Husband's mother dies, she has cancer, and a huge chinese extended family. She is a quite wealthy CEO of a commercial real estate company in the US. I'm sure she has a very specific will, and once told my Husband that she was going to donate most of it to charity but we'll see what happens. I'd love for him to inherit some of it as we're struggling ourselves now and for the foreseeable future (he won't let his parents pay his way, because if he does he'll have to live how they want him to) but I'm not holding my breath. I worked with someone who's dad died, the dad's girlfriend pull the same shit trying to keep everything to herself even personal family items she had no right to and ignoring the will of the father, they had to get the police involved and it really just makes the grieving process so much worse.

>Christian family

Um, is that supposed to mean something or provide any kind of information? Because if you're trying to imply that this doesn't happen with christians for some reason, which wouldn't make any sense at all or have any basis in fact, that would be fucking stupid. Religious people are often even worse because they're so fanatical in the first place!

I don't understand how family members can be this way to each other. I've heard all kinds of stories from people I know, people on the internet, and even accounts of people in my extended family and it just blows my mind.

Makes me really appreciate the fact that my family is kind to each other; I had no idea just how common it is the other way around.

My grandmother has been screwed out of her inheritance because her brothers are massive greedy cunts

It isnt really the case on my mothers side. When her nan (my grandmother) died we all went round and donated the cloths to charity, and alot of the stuff too. Things of particular sentimental value were given accordingly to people. However one of my aunts turned up the first day we were clearing her house out and offerd to helpbout while we go out and grab lunch. We came back and she had left with the most valuable possesions and the odd thing that was given to others in her will .... we dishoned her as a family untill she gave what was rightfully others and split the valuabels.

My other side ofv the family, when our 100 year old grandmother died, they swarmed the house like the nig nogs they were (My dad was adopted but he was white). I was only 16 at the time and explained how its great real estate with a big house, nice area, huge garden and bespoke features. Damn sambos want quick easy money, even though in a decade theyd surpass that amount.

If you have a rightful claim to an inheritance or are a greedy motherfucker who wants to get "yours," trust me when I say that it all looks the same way to other people. Your husband's mother? And she's wealthy? I can see the dollar signs in your eyes now. You would do well to abandon those feelings. She's not even your mother! And if she was, she would be ashamed that you feel like you need some of it. I know you have good intentions but you need to look at your life and realize you're fine without inheriting anything, we're all making it through tough times but we also have to all make our own way in this world. Best to just be content with what you have and if something unexpected comes, it's a "bonus," to offset some of the grief you feel from losing a loved one. But it's not a lottery ticket.

Even if you do get money, even if you get a lot, if you cared about the person you lost it's a horrible feeling receiving their money. Whenever you look at your bank account it will remind you of your loss. It's really not even a good feeling at all

Sadly, this is normal.

Shit like this is so rage-inducing. As awful as China is in a lot of other aspects, at least they respect and honor their parents and grandparents.

KEK'D HARD!