Is Grimes groundbreaking? Will this artist be regarded as a legend in the future?

Is Grimes groundbreaking? Will this artist be regarded as a legend in the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c2EJMd7ZN7w
youtube.com/watch?v=FsYt1-5MXT4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ill be dead so w/e

>Is Grimes groundbreaking?
some of her stuff is

>Will this artist be regarded as a legend in the future?
yes

her only legacy will be her dogface, apologies to actual dogs

No one outside of Sup Forums knows who the fuck this is.

im sick of hearing about my waifu every day this is actually hell

What ground did she break?

It's sad if you're 2 old men browsing this "board". Enjoy the rest of your life.

>No one outside of Sup Forums knows who the fuck this is.
Not even these folks?

Musical ground. In other words, she did some original music. Prove me wrong.

what once is lost will never be found
keep spinning in circles until you break the ground

>sweatymustache.jpg

would you keep me alive?

she was the first woman in top 40 to sport a mustache

Her first two albums were interesting but then she watered it down, and then some more

It's trash now

Definitely. Ask /classical/, they love Grimes.

Art Angels was so fucking bad what is wrong with these people

Not Beyonce?

no, no

i won't

Yas and she is my future wife

g2b David
>Prove me wrong.
original music =/= breaking ground
Unless you think Nickleback is also groundbreaking?

why did she have to exist

so why isn't she your wife already? if you really belonged then you wouldn't still be getting nowhere and hating every passing day of your life

for our pleasure

soon, user

You just don't like it. No biggie.

>original music =/= breaking ground
Wot?! Original means unique. Never attempted before. Hence, ground breaking. Checkmate.

>Unless you think Nickleback is also groundbreaking?
They never claimed to be original.

>Never attempted before
How does this describe Grimes music though?

what fed you confidence or hope to think that would happen? who's doing this to you?

glad the groundbeaking meme took off

>It's trash now
>hating pop music
>implying that all pop music must be trash because of his personal bias

I saw the future and we were together there.
Me and my loved one, the only one, Claire Elise Boucher.

also why? is it meant to be fun? it isn't

>How does this describe Grimes music though?
Nobody attempted to do her music. Sure, people did synthpop decades before her, but not like this. There are some familiar patterns but overall it's unique. Name a truly similar artist to her if you can. Someone with a range of songs from Heartbeats to Scream, from Be a Body to Laughing and Not Being Normal, from Sagrad to Kill V. Maim.

how long ago was that?

>but not like this.
>unique
How so?
>Name a truly similar artist to her if you can
Bjork? Pulp?

how are people meant to attempt a style of music that isn't already established without needing to create it themselves? it's like if you asked somebody else to be grimes, it's just, whatever

>Bjork? Pulp?
No. You didn't even to her music is you claim these 2 artists are even remotely similar to her. As a matter of fact, post at least one Bjork or Pulp song similar to:
youtube.com/watch?v=c2EJMd7ZN7w
and
youtube.com/watch?v=FsYt1-5MXT4

Well?

Sorry the links aren't workign for me

You'll have to use your words to prove your claim.

How is this specifically unique?

It's just electronic beats and a heavily delayed female voice

How is that unique?

>I don't have ears
>You'll have to use your words to prove your claim.

well, fuck off then

>it's like if you asked somebody else to be grimes, it's just, whatever
In this world where everything has been done, to have something unique to yourself is a huge feat. Having your own style, your own niche, is the hardest thing as an artist. Say what you will, but you can't confuse Grimes with someone else. So, she broke new ground by making something nobody did before.

you both need to stop shitposting

You made a claim. if you can't support your argument, it's probably not true.

Self evidence is not an argument by the way.
>In this world where everything has been done
If everything has been done, then Grimes is not unique.
>she broke new ground by making something nobody did before.
See

alright, i can make that case for death grips though. i think you get my point already

>being this shallow
It's like claiming classical is all the same: same violins, tuba, pianos,... on every "song". Or that MBV is just a rock band with heavily delayed voices and guitars. Bullshit. It matter the end result: the actual music.

>You made a claim.
That wasn't me. But you seriously need to fuck off if you keep on arguing and don't even want to bother listening to her music. Your posts are considered shitposting from now.

>It matter the end result: the actual music.
Them by this logic, Nickleback is original/unique.
>But you seriously need to fuck off if you keep on arguing and don't even want to bother listening to her music
If your logic was sound, it wouldn't be necessary. Just state what's specifically original or fuck off.

You could. I'm not a fan of them but I can't deny they did some original music.

>Them by this logic, Nickleback is original/unique.
By this logic? No buddy. By your flawed logic. As I said, the actual music matters. And Nickelback's music has been done before with better results. Hence, they're not original, but mere copies of copies.

you don't like original musicians? guess you're not worth talking to

>If your logic was sound, it wouldn't be necessary. Just state what's specifically original or fuck off.
That's a different user. Be more careful.

>you don't like original musicians?
I don't necessarily like any musician just because they're original, great, whatever. I like what I like. It's a cliche but that's the truth.

>That's a different user.
Do you agree with him?

you like whatever you choose.

>In this world where everything has been done
>If everything has been done, then Grimes is not unique.
>not getting the fact that "everything has been done" is a figure of speech, not that everything has been literally been done (e.g. teleportation is still a sci fi concept)
I meant that it's harder these days to make something unique in music when so much has been done before already. You have to push the limits and find new ways of artistic expression.

>only real talent
>being that much better
>what is manipulation and why is that always my only approach until someone tells me?
Say something original. Always interesting to follow your train of thought - skew skew!

>you like whatever you choose.
Not even that. Liking something is a visceral thing, something beyond your control. Like falling in love.

Oh I see. "Grimes is unique" is just a figure of speech and literally isn't unique either.

>moving the goalposts
>drawing wrong conclusions

Nickleback aren't meant to be a complicated or heavy metal group, they're clearly a group of simpletons who can brilliantly articulate themselves and speak for the masses in an easily listenable way.

They're not even industry plants, they rewrite all their own songs, all by themselves. Every tune is original and significantly identifiable for Nicklebacks trademark brand of rock music. What they're doing isn't intentionally commercial tripe, like Tame Impala. They're a pack of honest dummies who have kept rock music relevant. They're a pure rock band right down to rock n roll's shallow core.

Now that's a good b8

People liking Nickleback is a good bait.

People liking Tame Impala on the other hand isn't even bait, that's easily something more pretentious than an uncultured Nickleback fan.

t. Person Who Never Leaves /mu

Not really
>what are oranges and apples

everyone likes those

Do you think she'd make a good politician?

not really I think she's corrupt

what could she be doing?

Nah, she's good in the end.

her life is very good

If you can't be bothered to analytically listen to the music posted...

Truth always makes for the best bait.

There's no truth without an overview though.

That's called being rich

>the conclusion is wrong if I disagree with it
If you can't prove it, it's not true.
'
Still waiting for your "evidence" that she is unique

I know what I feel

>Still waiting for your "evidence" that she is unique
Not that user, but use your ears. Listen to her music. Do you know someone similar to her?

being wealthy, and having people care about you

are there really people trying to be like her?

Self evidence is not a valid argument.

>Do you know someone similar to her?
A female singer with electronic beats?

Take your pick. How about Bjork or Ray of Light era Madonna.

>Take your pick. How about Bjork or Ray of Light era Madonna.
Wrong examples. They sound nothing like Grimes except for using some synths. Let's face it, you picked them because they're female artists too. That's not enough for your argument. Fail.

Just what I thought: you pretend Grimes isn't unique and yet you can't find even one counter example.

>They sound nothing like Grimes
Why not? Explain

>vicious circle

>Explain
Self evidence is not an argument.

try again

I get a feeling that's a riddle.

ya

Is this the Grimes general

Kinda

With regards to the question
Ya she's focking great

meh

You're retarded

no u

>If you can't prove it, it's not true.
Musical taste is subjective. It can't be proven true or false because those are objective terms that can only be applied to objective things. What is your subjective analysis of these two songs based on listening to them in the context of the original question asked?

grims

>Self evidence
>what did he mean by this
user, are you actually implying that we are sentient personifications of Grimes' songs posting ITT? 'Cuz if so - what drugs are you on desu? And where can I get them too?

yes i remember grims too