3x3, 4x4, 5x5: April edition

3x3, 4x4, 5x5: April edition

what have (you) been listening to this last month?
post (you)r charts and discuss music

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Gry6-VLmO_8
youtube.com/watch?v=ihpen9zimiw
youtu.be/8gPQenyj1nI
northernelectronics.bandcamp.com/album/nordic-flora-series-pt-3-gore-tex-city
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/trappist_afterland/burrowing_to_light_in_the_land_of_nod/
discogs.com/Noam-Chomsky-Chumbawamba-For-A-Free-Humanity-For-Anarchy/release/1260708
youtube.com/watch?v=vTHQ4elZHD8
youtu.be/Cn7NCrMIbTA
youtube.com/watch?v=P4xeT7phuog
youtube.com/watch?v=OetMCVIoLdw
youtube.com/watch?v=z7hv2vkrlXs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hi
month was mostly same as usual but two or three days ago i tried some opera for the first time and i really liked it actually

Hello fellow human being. You have a particularly nice chart. Based off you having listened to Gang of Four, and Tiger Trap: youtu.be/Gry6-VLmO_8

*Respectfully nods in your direction*

good morning

Ween is great
hi pop
Burzum is great

+joanna newsom
+DsO, clandestine blaze, ulver, dilloway, bone awl
Korperschwache - evil walks

Not too much outside my usual except Teen Suicide and I realized I actually like a couple songs off Art Angels oops.

fuck yeah emptyset. If you have any similar recommendations I'd love to try them.

I don't know any of yours except Burzum. Is it mostly metal? I'll take a rec if you want, I'm in a mood for trying new things.

youtube.com/watch?v=ihpen9zimiw

>deadmau5
hmm....

+frost, emptyset
>fuck yeah emptyset. If you have any similar recommendations I'd love to try them.
generally the label subtext specializes in music like that. specifically off that label I really enjoy yair elazar glotman - etudes, and eric holm's two albums. other stuff off the top of my head that you may want to check out:
anything mika vainio has been involved in
rashad becker - traditional music of a notional species vol. I-II
killing sound - s/t
koenraad ecker - ill fares the land
pete swanson's solo work, it tends to go from more noise influenced to more dance influenced over time
dual action - auto body
not all of this is super similar to emptyset but i think you could end up enjoying everything here.
ooh this is nice

Yeah, I was fully expecting to catch some flack for that. He's my "fuck you, I like it." I don't think he's amazing, but the flow helps me zone out. Good for the gym or cleaning around the house.

I liked the part around 4:50, but I think most metal still just isn't for me :/ thanks for sharing though.

what opera did you listen to
youtu.be/8gPQenyj1nI

absurd (tell me about)
what are your thoughts on:
beherit, falkenbach, nocturnus, and/or of the wand and the moon

this is one of them blind spots for me hmm

de press is a fun name what are they like

have you ever heard longmont potion castle

I do already like some Yellow Swans so I'm starting with "Man With Potential" by Pete Swanson. Am a fan so far. Thanks for all the recommendations; I've never heard of anything you listed before.

even tuell midnightopera ;-;
northernelectronics.bandcamp.com/album/nordic-flora-series-pt-3-gore-tex-city
that's D A R K
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/trappist_afterland/burrowing_to_light_in_the_land_of_nod/

could've sworn i listened to more IDM

+ Quasimoto; Danny Brown; Madvillain; Avalanches

impressively gay

+Exmilitary

de press is a polish/norwegian new wave/post-punk band. has that quirky but angry quality, cool stuff. bangs on washing machines on some tracks for percussion

"Tunnel" - JK Flesh

"Root Collars" - FIS

++Ween, Avalanches
+Danny Brown, Madvillain, Television, Gang of Four
what's the deal with Ariel Pink? I like John Maus, but Pink's stuff never quite grabbed me the same way.

+Beatles, Protomartyr, Wire, Interpol
~Smiths
I never got the appeal of The Smiths personally. I've only heard a few songs, but they were never quite good enough to make me want to listen to a whole album of them.

++Ulver, LUM, Burzum
+Aaron Dilloway

++Ween, DG, GAS, Burzum
+Prodigy, Burial
I only just listened to Gas this month cause of the new album, I gotta check out the rest of their albums as well as Voigt's other projects

++Ulver
+HANL
I gotta give HANL another proper go sometime, I liked them a bit but I've not listened to them in forever.

++Blanck Mass
+Ben Frost, Crystal Castles
-Deadmau5
how's Jon Hopkins? I only put a name to that album cover like last week, is it worth checking out?

++Beach Boys
+Danny Brown, Chumbawamba, Longmont Potion Castle
~Flaming Lips
gotta check out Melt Banana sometime, thanks for the reminder

Its been a weird month. Ignore the Iron Maiden greatest hits, I got really drunk one night and wanted to hear Fear of the Dark but then passed out and the entire album played, have no idea why its still on the chart.

MY DUDE. Absurd is top tier NSBM, same with Goatmoon. Excellent taste. Fuck Lil Ugly Mane though.

I see a lot of Ween posted. Worth getting into?

>Scrobbling Noam Chomsky

absurd: murdered a guy and arose to fame

beherit is dope

good taste
great taste

I fuckin' love Immunity, but I've seen people both bash and praise it here on Sup Forums. I'd say either look up the video for Collider and play it loud, or if you're in a quieter mood play Abandon Window. I'm dying for him to put out a new release.

What did you think of World Eater vs. Dumb Flesh?

++ Death Grips
+ Blanck Mass
- Coil

++ Radiohead
++ Aphex Twin
+ MF DOOM

__

I know my tastes are varied but I try getting out of my comfort zone which was brostep, I'm discovering new styles and planning to listen to Dream pop this month.

honestly I've only listened to World Eater, I just listened to it a lot. BM had been on my radar for a while and I figured I'd check out the new album. I'm downloading Dumb Flesh and a few other things ATM.

that sounds like a lot of fun like dog faced hermans or something I'll check it out cheers

I liked Danny Brown's sound and vibe but I wasn't really grabbed by any of the SONGS if you catch my drift

oh yeah mb rips if you're ever in the mood to blow the cobwebs off your brain try cell-scape and/or charlie
they're a lot more punk-oriented than anything on your thing ir in your +s and there's a big chance you'll just find them obnoxious but they're one of my very favorite bands

it's a fun little release desu
discogs.com/Noam-Chomsky-Chumbawamba-For-A-Free-Humanity-For-Anarchy/release/1260708

truly absurd

I will LISTEN what's the album THE album

like, nothing but dream pop or

No don't worry but this genre looks quite ,nice to hear and I'll be listening to it as well as my favourites artists and some electronic music wandering across soundcloud :)

what AP projects have you listened to?
Lindstrom is great, have you heard anything by Bjorn Torske?

facta loquuntur

youtube.com/watch?v=vTHQ4elZHD8

Nice. I think Detritus is still my favorite track by him, a way better closer than Hive Mind. But overall World Eater was definitely better.

oh oh I meant beherit but this is onr of the most bizarre things I ever heard I am really interested now

oh ok neat
it is a really pleasant easy on the ears genre hope you find something you love

I listened to Before Today a few times, that's about it.
I'll check out Bjorn Torske, more scandinavian electronic is always good.

my favourite off World Eater is probably The Rat.

hey you :D

i listened to acouple of renée fleming albums and then sogno barocco by anne sofie von otter
i liked them all
and that song you linked too

>impressively gay
uh thanks
i think

Before Today is not a highlight in his discography imo, you should check out his more lo-fi stuff like House Arrest and The Doldrums

Thanks, other question as I think I got a Sup Forums common poster, I'm quite new here : are the playlist of genres made with everynoise clever? I mean, Is it a good way to discover a genre?

will do, thanks man.

how do i make these photo collages

tapmusic.net/lastfm/

or

lastfm.paddez.com

tapmusic if you have last.fm
topsters.net if you don't

you're asking the wrong guy there, i've never used it

but I've found youtube related videos to be surprisingly good for more obscure stuff in any given genre
so once you've worked through all the big classics so you have an idea of the style and history and you know exactly what it is you like, try just looking up any random obscure dream pop act you find and then start digging, it's a lot of fun

hmm maybe I'll try those when im in a more vocalsy mood

Oh okay. Thanks for the tip!

my 4x4 for april

the duplicate albums annoy me but the different versions have different singles as bonus tracks

not the most coherent, but it's been a good month

Here we go

+the angelic process, DsO, electric wizard, bolt thrower, kyussslugdge - born of slime
stoneburner - life drawing
old witch - come mourning come
+brand new
hexvessel - no holier temple
kiss the anus of a black cat - hewers of wood and drawers of water
+electric wizard, coil, ulver
stoneburner - life drawing
toner low - III
show me the body - corpus I
moodie black - nausea
>I gotta give HANL another proper go sometime, I liked them a bit but I've not listened to them in forever.
I find they scratch a very specific itch for me so I'll get really into them for a few weeks then completely drop them for a few months. have you heard their second album "the unnatural world"? i know it's almost heresy for some parts of Sup Forums it imo it's a much better album
>rateyourmusic.com/release/album/trappist_afterland/burrowing_to_light_in_the_land_of_nod/
this is quite good, thank you. i don't really know anything off your chart but you may like sieben - ogham inside the night.
glad I could help
beastwars - blood becomes fire
+bauhaus, joy division
captive - black leather glove
kiss the anus of a black cat - weltuntergangsstimmung

father john misty is trash he's only on the chart because i fell asleep and the album played twice

+tool, C93
om - conference of the birds
corrections house - last city zero
what FJM album was it?

haven't scrobbled much this month desu

also, who here is the 2000 I need to know

popped
look it's mr ruf
Binners is for winners
hey someone else listened to that Mundell Lowe album

what are your thoughts on it

it's nothing great but it does a good job
do you listen to jazz meal
heyo I have an artist I don't like on my collage too

Benn Jordan does not make music I consider my cup of tea desu

+boris
katie gately - color
serpentwithfeet - blisters
stroer bros & fine - voodoo travel

man, I've listened to that serpentwithfeet thing before and I did not like it at all desu

thank you for the other recs tho

but i liked this thread........

hey qt compliment me RIGHT NOW

shut the fuck off
me I'm the 2000

time to party

help me stop listening to the same shit all the time pls

oh my god Mark you are so handsome and have the best taste

im going to listen to toshi ichiyanagi now actually you've inspired me
or wait no this
youtu.be/Cn7NCrMIbTA

shit the fuck up

what is exid?
why is it on these charts with patrician music?

Cleaners from Venus - Midnight Cleaners
youtube.com/watch?v=P4xeT7phuog
this is p neato stuff

thanks for the rec

youtube.com/watch?v=OetMCVIoLdw

Now I'm fucking sick of it. Fucking idiots coming in this thread with their "babby's first visit to Sup Forums" charts with fucking Aphex Twin or Death Grips or the motherfucking Antlers or some shit like that filling up every fucking spot in their plebtier 5x5. Not even taking the time to rate the obviously better and more patrician charts, without the fucking ''look you guys! I'm special! I'm not like the other boys in my high school!'' albums. Jesus Christ, how many times do I need to see 3 sixteen year olds circlejerking about Death Grips or fucking Animal Collective before it gets old? Yes, wow, you listen to """""obscure music and le ebin quirky music XDDDD"""", congrats. We aren't gonna give you a cookie for listening to fucking indierock or plebshit like that. Maybe if you first rate the other charts, you fucking friendless pizzaface, we're gonna acknowledge your INCREDIBLY PATRICIAN taste. WOW! Boards of Canada, never heard of it. I'm sure you fucked so many girls when they hear you say that you listen to Aphex Twin. Jesus Christ! You sure have a diverse and cool music taste, 3 artist filling up most of your chart. You're such a cool and nice guy, and I'm sure your dick is so fucking huge. I'm sure your gf is giving you a blowjob right now while your shitty bleepmusic is playing in the background.
Love that you don't even take the time out of your super important and busy schedule of fapping and crying to rate other people in this here thread. Thanks!
I think you have so many friends with which you listen to your shiggydiggy normietier music to. Wow you must be a cool guy, I'm so jealous. I'm sure that next week you're gonna "discover" Neutral Milk Hotel, you're such a cool hipster and nobody could trump your super obscure taste.
Proud of you, son.

Love,
dad.

give recs ;-------;

>trump

pretty similar to mine, nice
+Television Personalities, Smiths, Wire,The National, Interpol
+ Deathspell Omega, Ulver, Burzum
+ Joanna Newsom, GAS, Slowdive
+ Have a Nice Life, Ka
+ Kraftwerk, Television, Aphex Twin
+ New Order, Bauhaus, Joy Division

Can someone please give me something new to listen based on my april? Thanks in advance

billy woods - today I wrote nothing
right hand left hand - s/t
+clock DVA, TG
mother destruction - ascending the spiral groove
militia - nature revealed

gross, that's exactly what i expected
is this some kind of meme?

have you heard any bruce russell solo albums
do you like Arthur Russell
do you like th' faith healers
modern art- underwater kites
it's cool to see puzzle here
Lizzy is also great
listen to Woo- it's cozy inside
dog faced hermans- hum of life

love to guess and be guessed
22 male infj
17 male intp
listen to uhhh fuckin xiu xiu

Post urs
Damn
why you came around
I already told you
I ain't even down
youtube.com/watch?v=z7hv2vkrlXs
Know any good clarinet players
Brutalism was good
I've only heard Louie's first is Street Hassle any good
Still need to listen to Manson...
+Soiiiiiichiiiiiii
Dude wtf youre not supposed to like grimes

im infp but other than that pretty close
micachu- jewelery
listen to broadcast

>I've only heard Louie's first is Street Hassle any good

the title song is a masterpiece imo

Gimmie Some Good Times, Shooting Star, Wait and I Wanna Be Black are good too but the rest is meh

Street Hassle, Coney Island Baby, The Bells etc. sound different from Transformer so you aren't guaranteed to like his 70s solo stuff

I didn't like the Smiths at first. I found the vocals quite off-putting but once I had an appreciation for that, I fell in love with the guitar work. I'm a big fan of bright and jangly guitar.

repost from just some albums i've been listening to lately, would like some recs

what's the most accessible xiu xiu album in your opinion? i've only heard the twin peaks one and i liked it

hmmm forget is poppy and a very good listen imo, always isn't that hard to get into, then if you like that go to their early stuff and angel guts...just IMO!

noted, thanks user

+radiohead, talking heads, bright eyes, everything everything, kanye, lgza/genius

Don't even know the rest.

what's the plus minus thing about?

also the rest of the stuff is hue, euro and jap