MTV Launches 'Classic' Channel Dedicated to 1990s

This could be great

rollingstone.com/music/news/mtv-launches-classic-channel-dedicated-to-1990s-w431416

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ELcdCgXf3gs
youtu.be/0oCPNMZuWwI
youtube.com/watch?v=nHDj4DH4mJw
youtube.com/watch?v=9ysyZF-DZFY
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Real_World_seasons
youtube.com/watch?v=BFxaDoyl-1s
youtube.com/watch?v=RyunXitaLIU
youtube.com/watch?v=WyhvtKa--wg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZFgccmVtYxs
youtube.com/watch?v=JXbLyi5wgeg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Please send money

I will watch every 90's real world/road rules again easy.

is this true? can we get Ray Cokes back too? Headbanger's ball, YO MTV RAPS, I'd watch the shit out of that

90s MTV is kino af

youtube.com/watch?v=ELcdCgXf3gs

>that episode of Headbanger's Ball where they went to the water park with Alice in Chains

>becomes more popular than RTV

>muh nostalgia
>muh old times were better

fuck off fags

>On the weekends, the channel plans to serve up "binge-worthy marathons" of shows like Real World and Laguna Beach.

They might not fuck this up

will they bring back Kurt Loder?

Laguna Beach isn't a 90s show they already fucked it up.

hey, noone stops you from watching old shit right now

but you dont do it

wanna know why? because old shit is even worse than new shit and the only reason why old shit gets any praise at all is because of nostalgiafags who fail to understand that stupid people aka children have lower standards for entertainment than intelligent people aka some adults

Because they're a pain in the ass to find. This is a channel of dedicated reruns. You're either a shitty troll or an upset autist, either way fuck off.

Are you saying """reality""" shows about beach wops and underage pregnancy are better than actual music videos?

no kid

>we need exciting new ideas here at mtv
>i know, let's show old footage we already shot and still own

mtv is genius

Maybe their trying to stir the pot a bit 90's TV was very """""problematic""""" I want to see what happens.

>fun is not fun
*gasp*!

>Is a resounding success
>they cancel the fat feminist and BLM girls show

NO DARIA REBOOT? WHYYYYYYYYY

I hope they play Beavis and Butthead and Daria with the original music. That would be pretty cool.

>be thinks it won't happen to him.

Early 90s MTV was great. The moment road rules and real world started doing well, the channel slowly became shit.

Remember when MTV had a channel dedicated to music, then they made MTV2, which was dedicated to music. I haven't watched MTV in a decade, but I'm assuming they still don't play music ever.

Yeah I'd enjoy this immensely. Daria had a great soundtrack in its first run, lots of cool music was featured. Same with Mission Hill.

Was a 90s teenager, would love it if they showed The State again.

>3 months later 12-hour blocks of Ridiculousness and Teen Mom

>Ska music
>cool

user...

there's mtv rock or something and mtv live which are pretty good tbf

youtu.be/0oCPNMZuWwI

I hope they get the music rights for the shows. Because it would suck dick to watch Beavis & Butthead without the music videos, or Daria with the shitty new music.

They have to relaunch it because they know modern MTV is shit

youtube.com/watch?v=nHDj4DH4mJw

>this video has 13,000 thumbsdown, compared to only 2K thumbs up

>Unplugged with 10,000 Maniacs
>GNR live at Rock-n-Rio
>Real World Seattle where the girl with lyme disease calls the black guy a homo and he hits her
>MTV fapathon that was MTV Spring Break
>Singled Out

I'd watch

late 80's - mid 00's were literally the peak of all Television, anyone who disagrees is objectively wrong

Can't they just fix the original channel to have a similar structure to the 80s, 90s and early 00s but with newer music and content?

People can just watch Beavis & Butthead and 90s music videos on Youtube.

Will they bring back this fantastic show?

>re runs of everything
>good

First run was okay. Second run was dog shit.

Why do female niggers always look like they're pissed off with every atom in the universe? Slavery ended 150 years ago bitch! Get the fuck over it!

If I haven't seen it, it's new to me

Go jerk it to Gordon Lightfoot you faggot.

Sifl & Olly better make an appearance
THEY'RE SO CRESCENT FRESH
SUPER CRES AT BEST

But Gordon Lightfoot is great

>the lake it is said never gives up her dead when the skies of November turn gloomy

I used to work retail and whenever a black woman would walk into the store we'd fight over who would have to help her. They all seem to have permanent bad attitudes, I have no idea why

>Can't they just fix the original channel to have a similar structure to the 80s, 90s and early 00s but with newer music and content?
Yeah let's totally have Mac DeMarco and Sky Ferreira and ASAP NigNog wearing tie dye and standing on a 'retro' Spring Break stage singing their shitty songs to today's annoying youth.
That sounds completely retarded. This actually sounds like a good channel. There are like 6 MTV channels at this point. Don't like it don't watch it.

They are the fattest people group in the world (80% of African-American females are obese) and belong to the lowest intelligence group in the USA.

Of course they have a bad attitudes, it's their default attitude

>writing a song about a boat
You can't get any GAYER than that.

This level of bait makes my head explode

This fucking shithead actually believes that a black scientist created white people 8,000 years ago in an experiment to see if he could genetically engineer demons and the world was an advanced Communist utopia before the invention of white devils.

I wish I was joking.

Here look at a picture of your boyfriend to calm yourself

>rags on whitey
>is married and had a baby with cracka
Kek

>Ctrl F: Axeonflux
>0 results found

Turbo pleb thread.

> A$AP NigNog

He's called Yakub and a LOT of black people seriously believe in it. It's some scientology-tier retardation.

>you will never live in Trevor's Bregnan utopia
Thanatophobia and Ether Drift Theory were the best episodes. The shorts were good too.

Fuck, that article says old TRL episodes. That's no good. We should work together as a nation to keep Carson Daily as irrelevant as possible.

WASN'T THAT THE WHOLE POINT OF MTV2!?!?!

>aeonflux
>not the maxx

gigapleb confirmed.

Let's settle this Sup Forums

REAL WORLD OR ROAD RULES?

>tfw I went to a taping of the Seth Meyers show last year
>tfw I got called up for trivia
>tfw I got the last question right of who is the only host to have a show in day time and late night
>tfw I just said "Carson Daley"
>tfw I was right
>tfw I never won anything in my life
>tfw my prize was closer seats to Seth Meyers
My only brush with fame.

>closer seats
I'm suprised you didn't kill yourself

>noone

Is this meme making a comeback or is there a whole new generation of slack jawed retards cropping up?

Get a load of ultrapleb

Dedicated to the 90s, but I wonder if they'll throw in some 80s as well. You can't have classic MTV without 80s pop, new wave, and hair metal. Headbangers Ball originated in the 80s.

+1 Real World

If this channel becomes a hit it could revive rock music.

The highest charting rock single is by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. The second highest charting rock single? Shinedown.

We're at least a decade away from a rock revival.

Real World

Best Real World? I'd probably choose San Francisco and Hawaii.

Didn't Nickelodeon try doing the same thing last year? If not for licensing issues I'd love a channel that showed anime reruns from the 90's.

Fuck that, hawaii was when I dropped that shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=9ysyZF-DZFY

>run on the mill 90's "surreal" random shit for the sake of random
>not the plebbiest

get a taste, commoner.

I like San Diego Real World. I know it's not 90s but it was the most fun

>dat qt Southern Cameron
>Chad Brad
>Big Ol Tidday Robin
>qtpi asian Jamie
>Token black Guy who has a mental breakdown
>dat episode where Cameran GBTFO when Brad brings a slut home and she rants about a vibrator
>dat episode where alt bitch Frankie thinks she's too cool and bails but no one gives a fuck

I checked the tv listings and so far The Maxx, Clone High, Wonder Showzen, Daria and the 2011 Beavis and Butthead is going to be shown.

season 1 was good. season 2 was AWFUL. what happened?!

come to Butthead
come a little closer

I stopped watching after Hawaii. But Real World had a really strong run throughout the 90s. So many great seasons.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Real_World_seasons

I hope they show god-tier Oddville

if this happen will be great for old fags like me
Unplugged was gold
i hope they run mostly 90s music videos
youtube.com/watch?v=BFxaDoyl-1s

>do you know what ladders are made of
>wood

>classic Headbanger's Ball
>Celebrity Deathmatch
>Beavis and Butthead
>Aeon Flux
>Liquid Television

Tell me guys. Tell me it's coming back in force.

Can we get some new Beavis & Butthead out of this?

New Beavis and Butthead is garbage

nope, the revival was a great run. only issue was MJ's voice was clearly straining as Beavis.

I loved it except for all the Teen Mom shit they watched instead of videos

Not that this isn't cool, but nobody wants this enough for this to be profitable. We've gone years without it and besides mocking MTV, nothing has come out of the changes that actually effects us in anyway.

Cold in the D was gold though.

90s Nickelodeon was successful when it started don't know about now though. I just remember everyone on social media going crazy about it and spending all day watching reruns of cartoons.

Viacom owns both so of course they'll try it with MTV too. Only a matter of time till they do 90s Comedy Central channel, 90s VH1 and 90s BET

The episode where they tried to become werewolves by letting a homeless man bite them was hilarious, fgt.

>Laguna Beach
dropped

Let's not forget Cartoon Network did this years ago.

>tfw watching 90 MTV

>tfw watching Daria with based Mexican dub

youtube.com/watch?v=RyunXitaLIU

So much feels.

Oh yeah, all their music videos were great

youtube.com/watch?v=WyhvtKa--wg

not 90s but stillI hope thy bring this cocksucker back
youtube.com/watch?v=ZFgccmVtYxs

JAJAJAJAJAJA DANNYBOY

Too bad it's already been done.

It's called youtube.

Good point. It'll probably attract a crowd wanting to see what all the excitements about. Doesn't VH1 already have a classic channel though?

If this is true this is fucking awesome news.

is that background song Pulp?

youtube.com/watch?v=JXbLyi5wgeg

This is just VH1 Classic, but with MTV reality shows thrown in. When are people gonna realize?

>When are people gonna realize?
they won't and even if they do they wont care

That's Nation of Islam belief.

I sure as hell don't

shut up, loser