If you're a Theist, you are either a fucking idiot or you just are ignorant and do not know of the evidence

If you're a Theist, you are either a fucking idiot or you just are ignorant and do not know of the evidence.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU
youtube.com/watch?v=XEmn0uaQCYc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm not religious but it is a false dichotomy to imply that religious people can't build rockets.

You see it a bit wrong
There is no evidence that's why religious people are wrong
But it's not religion in the first place it's the church/imam/rabbi that causes things like that

There's no evidence for atheism

Yeah well in the bible man tried to build a tower to reach the heavens, and God stopped them. So it is wrong to use rockets according to the bible.

atheist supremasists are dicks just like any religious extremists

Actually there is 1. People are born homosexual/transsexual. Not possessed by a demon 2. the world wasn't made in 7 days LMAO 3. The universe is very different from how the bible described it. So I don't know what the fuck you're saying.

No we just believe in proof and evidence and wan't to rid this world of the vileness of the 3 Abrahamic Religions.

The evidence for Atheism is the lack of evidence for Theism.

1. Sure
2. I dunno man, you weren't there so you can't say that's not true. Your guess is as good as mine.
3. Yeah

That's not evidence, you're relying on belief there.

There are some massive dicks who are atheists
>"yeh im atheist"
>discussion
>more discussion
>derailed topic, now just insults
>"I never said I wasn't an asshole :^)"

stop

Atheists are the silent majority
Even in churches, the pews are full of people who are afraid to think too hard about reality in case they go to hell

OP is a fine example

You're an idiot. "I dunno man, you weren't there so you can't say that's not true. Your guess is as good as mine." What a dumb ignorant statement. Science has evidence that the universe is about 13 billion years old, that earth is 4.5 billion years old and that we evolved from microscopic organisms. Where is you're evidence? Exactly.

Just do some research and go to a museum.

I never understand these posts. It's as if you got into adulthood and suddenly thought 'wait a minute... Religion is a lie!' This should be coming a few years after realising Santa isn't real.

i'm a believer and i forgive you

No, you're an idiot with dumb ignorant statements. I haven't made any claims so I don't need any evidence.

Nationalism got us to the moon.

Science sure helped, but it wasn't the reason.

No actually. About 60% of Americans are Christian and about 31.5%(2.2 Billion) are Christian. Atheism or secularism comes in third after Islam.

"No, you're an idiot with dumb ignorant statements. I haven't made any claims so I don't need any evidence." You accuse me for being ignorant without telling me what I said was ignorant. Please tell me.

I am not an adult btw.

I remember posting this on my FB like 4 years ago trying to be an cool ass kid
The most ironic think was that I hide the image from my Muslim friends so they couldn't see the post
Only got 4 likes

So you aren't claiming that god exists?

Yeah I can tell. I'm saying fuck you since you said fuck you first.

No

congrats, you got baited

all religions*

I would say it was for science, but also for nationalism of course. Science allowed us to leave our damn planet to go to outer space and study it. That is what science is all about. Exploration, Discovery and gaining Knowledge of how our world works :).

As an atheist, you're a retard. There is no evidence that there is or is not a god

Philosophy class wasn't worth the effort huh?

Buddhism dindu nuffin wrong

>There is no evidence that there is or is not a god

exactly. Without evidence either way, it is irrational to form a belief.

if you do not form a belief, you are not a believer

aka atheist

You have to be 18 to post here

>god being created
I don't think you get what "Is, was, and always will be" means.

Isn't that agnosticism?

meh, they're just boring

Wow, cool you want Richard Dawkins. It's called rounding it off. If he has never made an appearance or done anything to help us, then I would deem his existence as false. So am I a retard for believing the flying spaghetti monster doesn't exist or that there are smurfs that live in the forest? Use you brain.

so now its come to semantics

yes. it is. but agnosticism is about knowledge.

if you do not have a positive belief in the existence of a god, you are an atheist.

not sure, dont believe? agnostic atheist
not sure, believe? agnostic theist

Does 18 not count as a teen? In my country it does.

18 year olds count as adults

Alright cool.

I actually like Buddhism. Well the Atheistic Buddhism.

Zen's pretty cool

TRUMP IS GOOD! ARYAN RACE MASTERRACE! TRUMP IS GOOD! ARYAN RACE MASTERRACE! TRUMP IS GOOD! ARYAN RACE MASTERRACE! TRUMP IS GOOD! ARYAN RACE MASTERRACE! TRUMP IS GOOD! ARYAN RACE MASTERRACE! TRUMP IS GOOD! ARYAN RACE MASTERRACE! TRUMP IS GOOD! ARYAN RACE MASTERRACE! TRUMP IS GOOD! ARYAN RACE MASTERRACE! TRUMP IS GOOD! ARYAN RACE MASTERRACE! TRUMP IS GOOD! ARYAN RACE MASTERRACE! TRUMP IS GOOD! ARYAN RACE MASTERRACE! TRUMP IS GOOD! ARYAN RACE MASTERRACE! TRUMP IS GOOD! ARYAN RACE MASTERRACE! TRUMP IS GOOD! ARYAN RACE MASTERRACE! TRUMP IS GOOD! ARYAN RACE MASTERRACE! TRUMP IS GOOD! ARYAN RACE MASTERRACE! TRUMP IS GOOD! ARYAN RACE MASTERRACE! TRUMP IS GOOD! ARYAN RACE MASTERRACE! TRUMP IS GOOD! ARYAN RACE MASTERRACE! TRUMP IS GOOD! ARYAN RACE MASTERRACE! TRUMP IS GOOD! ARYAN RACE MASTERRACE! TRUMP IS GOOD! ARYAN RACE MASTERRACE!

But there is a lot of evidence to disprove religions individually.
Btw nice satanic trips.

America is a particularly religious nation, but i concede your point. What i was actually getting at is that there is a large undocumented atheist population amongst the young - who are not old independent enough to come out to their religious parents, and thus do not appear on census data. Atheism is the fastest growing belief system year on year, at least in australia. I'm not sure what the american numbers are.

Why can God exist as "is, was, and always will be" but not the universe? Is not God not just an attempt to define something unknowable, the universe? Why have so many different names for one thing?

> Atheism is the fastest growing belief system

how does that work?

You'll grow out of atheism when you're older, OP.
See you in church :)

c u in HELL

youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU

She's so good with kids

whoops, METAPHYSICS

I prefer this version desu

What about people who just follow the religion and all that jazz out of the convenience it gives, like a known community meeting center which meets once a week consistently?

Is it really free will if you can't be evil?

Satanic evil trips confirm

Wow calm down satan

sounds gay and cliche' but i legit hope you find some kind of faith in something, doesnt matter if its real
it was Buddhism for me

>the evidence

Dawkins is a smug faggot

He Hath Arisen!

I assume some theists are here, can i ask you to answer some questions for me?

1/2
Why would god make the vast majority of the universe completely uninhabitable, and to that extent why would he bother making the rest of the universe at all if humankind and the earth are the sole focus of his creation?

Why would god after having created the universe wait 9 billion years to create the earth, then proceed to wait another 4 billion years before humans were able to be created?

Or if you don't subscribe to the idea that the universe is older than six thousand years. Why would god create all animals with the same fundamental building blocks as if they were all related through a common ancestor, despite the fact that this is detrimental to certain species; why would he not create each species from an individual starting point and furthermore, why would god give animals so many vestigial structures (features which no longer serve the purpose that they were originally intended for.) For example, why are 80% of a dolphin's olfactory receptor genes inactive, why do men have nipples, and why do humans experience goosebumps if you can't explain these things through evolution?

If god is omniscient then he knows the future and he knew from the start that one day he would be wiping out the majority of the human species save noah and his family; so why would god not just begin with noah and his family?

2/2
Why has god only ever appeared to such a small selective group of people, and why hasn't he appeared again since; especially considering the dwindling of faith across the globe that we are currently experiencing?

Why would god prioritize his own ego in his commandments detailing precisely how he should be worshiped above the commandments not to murder, or steal?

Why would god not include a commandment for parents to respect their children to go alongside the commandment for children to respect their parents?

Why would god allow satan to exist, if he can eliminate the devil and he doesn't want to then he has malicious intent, but if he can't eliminate the devil, then he's impotent, so which is it?

Why would god harden the heart of the pharaoh of the book of exodus, to then punish the pharaoh with plagues for having a hardened heart?

Why would god create a son to send to earth who's destined to be merciless tortured and brutally crucified in order to forgive the sin of man, when he could have just forgiven the sin of man?

Clearly the Lord works in mysterious ways.

imagine a kid named Steven. He’s from a rough part of the city, but he manages to stay out of trouble. He’s a good kid, a Christian from a Christian family. But one day, unfortunately, he accidentally wore the wrong color in the wrong neighborhood.
[Scenario #1: Gang drives by and fires at Steven, but he is unharmed. Steven goes home to his family.]
Every single bullet missed Steven. Obviously, God saved his life. It’s a miracle! God is good.
[Scenario #2: Gang drives by and fires at Steven, injuring him. He goes home to his family on crutches.]
Steven was struck in several places, but the bullets missed all his major organs! It’s a miracle! He’s gonna make a full recovery. God saved him. God is good.
[Scenario #3: Gang drives by and fires at Steven, critically injuring him. He goes home in a wheelchair.]
Steven has some lasting damage; his spinal cord was struck and he suffered some brain damage, but those wounds should have killed him! God saved his life, ’cause God has more plans for Steven. It’s a miracle he’s still alive. God is good.
[Scenario #4: Gang drives by and fires at Steven, killing him. His family mourns him at his funeral.]
Steven is in a better place now, a place where there’s no violence and no pain. He’s with God and he’ll be waiting for us up in Heaven. He has been called home. God is good.
It’s a cliché as old as religion itself: Good thing happens? God did it (because he’s good). Bad thing happens? God works in mysterious ways (and he’s still good). No matter befalls whom, it always ends up laid at Yahweh’s feet as a sign that he has some mysterious and supposedly benign plan for the entire universe, no matter how bizarre or convoluted the so-called reasoning behind it is. Not only is this annoying and delusional thinking, it’s also exasperating in how quickly it is applied to absolutely any given event by God-botters, No matter the outcome, people are conditioned to see God as the answer.

This

Because god created the universe.

Clearly the Lord works in mysterious ways.

proof of evolution is not proof of the unexistence of a god

So you have a hypothesis? No evidence, but we should take your word as real? Prove to me he created the universe prove to me a being existed before time.

If you cant, all you are doing is creating a statement, not only without gravity. but without anything but a book that talks about an infallible god, written by fallible, corruptible human beings.
You parrot this god because you were brought up to believe it, or you derive comfort from it, or just feel as though it’s right. That isnt evidence, its an appeal to emotion. you dont have shit, you only have an untestable theory from a book containing ancient superstition.

Clearly the lord doesnt have any guidelines, clearly the mysterious ways are you trying to deconstruct the lack of logic a god who would create a species and then destroy it only to start again with a family. Clearly a god who thinks that starting a species through incest is a vastly all knowing life form. Or perhaps he doesnt work in mysterious ways, perhaps the ways which you call mysterious are instead the randomness of the worldplaying out without rhyme or reason. but instead you shut down conversation because you're unprovable imaginary friend claims to have a plan.

No, but it does show that god creating creatures through intelligent design is horseshit.

Nigglet did not pray jesus enough

>created
couldn't the universe just exists?
you believe God just exists, so why not the Universe?

So, god isnt omnibenevolent, hes selectively benevolent?

>So you have a hypothesis? No evidence, but we should take your word as real? Prove to me he created the universe prove to me a being existed before time.

It's not possible to exist before time, if time was actually a real thing and not just a tool we use to quantify changes that happen.

God does whatever he wants. He's God, for God's sake.

Even if the bibles teaching is just misinterpreted changes to what might have happened you can't deny the potential existence of an omnipotent being who would exist in the future and if being omnipotent would exist know

Apparently someone doesn't understand the basic concept of faith. Of course we won't know. There are dozens of theories on how the earth was created. Hundreds of religions with different ideas on how the earth came to be. And until we invent time machines, we'll never know the truth. Why do you care which one I subscribe to?

Are you being a dick just to be a dick?

It specifically says he made it in the first chapter.

The fact the you believe is irrelevant to me, regardless how childish I find it.
But when your religion Fucks with everyday life and holds back society, that's where I hate it.
Also all the free passes religion gets.

If humans progress and become more capable of doing things they never could before to point of transcending to omnipotence we would become God and it all comes full circle. We were made in God's image of man, we are god

l
Jesus dude, tone down the douchebaggery. I can smell your fedora sweat from here.

>holds back society
How?
>fucks with every day life
Maybe move to a non-religious nation? They seem to be doing much better.

Time is real, if it wasn't physics as a whole would be thrown out the window.

Well, then he isnt all knowing, he isnt omni-benevolent. he doesnt have a plan, he acts as random is what you are saying right? perhaps he doesnt do whatever he wants. perhaps everything happens at random because its random.

No, my problem is that as nature reclaims abandoned American homes, as our infrastructure crumbles, and our science standards fall behind. 4000 new tax exempt churches pop up in america every year. not for Santa, or the tooth fairy but for this so called god. There are hundreds of thousands of them outnumbering schools, restaurants, stores, museums etcetera. These churches fill my neighbors and friends heads with ideas and notions of god. A god who’s everywhere all at once. but despite this they have to go to the church to give him money. then they go knocking on my door with their supposed holy book, waking me up, every weekend. not to tell me about santa or the tooth fairy, but to tell me about god. At my door to tell me how “broken” or “unworthy” I am. if all this were done in the name of santa or the tooth fairy, might you have something to say about it? The book of this supposed god is the best selling book of all time. Not because people want to read it, but because it gets pushed upon everybody. laid atop every church seat, or stuffed in a hotel room drawer, given freely to children, or grasped in the sweaty grip of every preacher on the street corner with his blow horn waxing poetic about my impending torture. cont.

2/2
there it is written by people no different than you telling us how and what to believe. they aren’t talking about the Santa or the tooth fairy but if they were, might you have something to say about it? you say America was based upon christian values not santa or tooth fairy values, and few politicians are even considered electable without this obligatory “god bless america”. no different than it appears on countless billboards and bumper stickers, placating the masses all who need you to be like them, unlike santa. our lives are governed by these politicians whose policies are dictated by the “God believing” majority, not the “santa believing majority”. But if it were might you have something to say about it? Because these politicians profess to believe in the same just and good god as you, of course we would expect them to behave most ethically, but do they, of course not. contrary to that it's the non-believers who aren’t trusted, maybe that's because of the slander spread about us from self-proclaimed “fair and balanced news”, all the way to the book of romans the propaganda from ages past which they parrot, often without thought or empathy, or maybe it's because we dare to object against this supposed god. If this situation were reversed might you have something to say about it? to put it bluntly, i don’t talk about God because I know he exists; i talk about god because I know you exist.

I wouldnt have a problem with your religion, if it was a personal belief. instead you get theocrats who try to push religion in schools, and instill your idea on others. thats where i draw the line. im a secularist, yes, your beliefs are probably just fine but guess what? So are other people’s. So I will argue with you, but ill never tell you what to think, i just want that same courtesy extended to me.

Lel you can call me the vapelord with my sick mods
>holds back society
Really, I need to explain this. Brainwashing children to ignore science, the scientific field gets fucked daily because muh beliefs
>Fucks with everyday life
Accurate, also "non religious " countries do great, Google bro

Physics is just a theory

youtube.com/watch?v=XEmn0uaQCYc

Science is really just belief

You keep using that word theory, but you clearly don't know what it means
Troll 2/10 made me respond

To choose to believe...