The "Aliens" Movie Characters Were Stupid

Bishop got into a conduit and crawled his way down to where the antenna uplink was, then remote-piloted a craft down from the sulaco to pick them up. They sealed the condiut behind him, he did his part, and survived the trip home. Almost everybody else died.

>HERE'S WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A SMARTER PLAN:
Those dolt marines should have just pissed all over medlab to leave their scents to ATTRACT the aliens to that location. They they should have taken off all of that clunky unnecessary armor and bulky military canvas off, then EVERYONE crawls down the conduit (smeared in mechanical grease if necessary) and drags their guns along with just in case. Once they reached the uplink, they could just stay inside the conduit and and hide while bishop pilots the ship down to them. Once it arrived, EVERYONE could then crawl out and climb onto the ship, fly away, and voila they all survive. The aliens would have been distracted sniffing pee in medlab wondering where everyone went.

Instead they chose to stand their ground and fight when they were clearly hopelessly outnumbered and didn't consider their retreat options. They were all stupid; Ripley included.

The only reason Bishop got away with his duct crawl was his androidism. Humans would have been sensed and ate very quickly. Surely this is obvious?.

Wait, do you seriously think the xenos are blind and are only attracted by scent

What is ur weird obsession with pee? Is it ur fetish?

Is this a pee thread?

>leave their scents to ATTRACT the aliens to that location.

Xenomorphs hunt by heat signatures, not scent.

>aliens are attracted to piss smell
Source?
>everybody crawls through a mile long pipe, dragging their gear with them
You are a complete fucking retard

no, they actually hunt by scent,

predators do heat.

Could have been a great scene desu senpai

>Hicks realises the xenos hunt by piss scent
>points out the urinal was the #1 murder spot
>tells the squad what to do, then unzips and let's his wang loose
>rest of squad eye each other, then shrug and down trews
>Hudson laughing, pissing up the wall and shouting yee haw
>Ripley and Vasquez look each other in the eye then squat down and piss, their urine pooling together
>marine cock and acrid piss everywhere
>then they all start to strip
>Hudson whips out a jar of goose fat
>I wake up
>my legs are cold and the sheets are stuck to them
>i've had that fucking dream again

>no, they actually hunt by scent,
>predators do heat.

No, they hunt by heat. Predators need technology to do this, Xenomorphs don't, it's part of the biology.

>Predators need technology to do this

Incorrect, their vision is naturally infrared which is enhanced by the mask

No, they don't use scent.

"Due to the absence of clearly visible eyes, it is possible that the creature uses echolocation to see its environment, much like bats. It may be for this reason that Xenomorphs hiss almost constantly. Though it may have the ability to see through an unknown structure, as they evolved differently from life on Earth. In the 2010 Alien vs. Predator game, it is mentioned on one of the Marine audio tapes that Xenomorphs have vision.

Xenomorphs may be able to detect their 'prey' through electro-reception. This is the method sharks use to detect even the most hidden prey. Creatures with the electro-reception sense can detect the electromagnetic field all animals produce allowing them to detect the creature's heart beat. This would explain how Xenomorphs always know where the humans are."

This.

>Incorrect, their vision is naturally infrared which is enhanced by the mask

Well, if they are capable of seeing in the infra-red spectrum naturally, then it's likely the Xenomorphs developed this as well.

>enhanced by the mask

So they still need technology, where the xenomorphs don't.

We clearly see the alien's vision in Alien3 and it looks just like regular human vision.

ROFL laughed so hard i almost shit myself!

>their vision is naturally infrared

Oh bullshit. You didn't see the sequel "Alien 3" when the alien was running through that giant piston chamber. Its just all warped and squashed verticallyand clearly aint naturally infared. You're thinking of the movie "Predator", or maybe those creatures from "Pitch Black". Wrong alien doofus.

>the condiut
i heard your dad went in to the condiut and ate all the food in the condiut and they had to close the condiut

Finish reading my sentence, you fucking retard.

>Does this look like a man who had all he could conduit?

>looks just like regular human vision.

No, because the xenomorph from Alien 3 came out of a dog (or cow depending on which cut you watched).

Why is that relevant? Why would a human-born xenomorph have infrared vision, but a dog/ox xenomorph have normal, human vision? Nowhere in the first two movies is infrared vision even mentioned, so it's all headcanon.

>
>
>
>
>
>

It's gotta be scent based. It can't be vision based because the 2nd movie "Aliens", the Xenomorphs made a LONG trip down a corridor leading from the nest down to med lab to attack.

Furthermore, in "Alien 4", the "resurrected" Ripley now has a bunch of enhanced capabilities due to the genetic crossover that occured with her DNA, one of which is her sense of _smell_. For example, she SMELLS that four-eyed dude and knows that he has a Xenomorph inside of him. This is not an inherrant normal human capability, so she had to have gotten it from the Xenomorph genetic crossover, and ergo, Xenomorphs have naturally strong sense of smell. This is the most likely mode by which they hunt primarily. Once they get up close though, it is of course vision based, just like a Wolf would do. It aint "all smell".

....by "four eyed" I of course mean the dude with the glasses

stay mad

Is David Fincher a massive manchild? Seems he's in a constant "teenage angst" stage of life.

Last panel ruins it

Bishop was twink mode and even he barely fit in the pipe.

If that were the case then the first one would have noticed Ripley on the escape pod and Newt wouldn't have been able to hide in the vents.