Why don't Millennials go to the movies?

Why don't Millennials go to the movies?

Hollywood is on life support...

>theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/06/hollywood-has-a-huge-millennial-problem/486209/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ob48q--YbQ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

POKEMON

i dont like places with lots of people

plus i can just torrent whatever i want to see

Shits expensive as fuck
>$16 for a fucking ticket
>drinks/snacks cost 5x their real value
>I could just watch an upload version of the movie online for free
Granted it's not the best quality, but not being jewed is worth it

OMG THAT POOR LION HOLLYWOOF SHAME ON YOU

Fucking millenials

Hollywood really shot themselves in the knee after initiating the no singles policy.

Also Makes a good point. I don't want to pay out the ass to sit with strangers, who may either be obnoxious or smell like fucking shit

>i dont like places with lots of people

This desu, I don't want to get shot.

Guess that lion was having a CAT scan

There are some other pictures with the lion being sodomized.

Is that photo for real of fucked with?

They don't. Hollywood makes all it's money in China now. We need President Trump to start taxing all these (((Hollywood executives))) who want to export their movies. Make American Movies Great Again.

because all the movies are absolute GARBAGE

Going tomorrow, lad

Lot of them literally can't watch 2 hours of something anymore. They'll watch 30 2 minute videos on Youtube in a row but they won't watch a movie. Especially if they can't use their phones or talk to their friends at the same time etc. For many of them the whole idea of a "movie" seems kind of outdated and old, they'll use Youtube, they'll use Twitter, Tumblr, Snapchat, Vine etc. and engage in these platforms instead of watching a film.

Some of them are just fed up with the movies being mostly remakes and reboots, no originality left. There's also the fact that they can either pirate the movie relatively soon after it comes out, or they can wait for it to hit a legal streaming service and they watch it through that. People want everything in their home now, they want it on the screens of their own devices, they don't really get the theatrical experience anymore.

>tickets and food expensive as fuck for young people to buy
>base your entire industry on nothing but inter textual referencing
>rehash the same shit
>no new, original, interesting, daring stories getting funded
>employability in the industry based entirely on nepotism and "luck"
Beats me.

>Hollywood wants theaters to spend more money to screen their films.
>Theaters want to screen the big movies so they up ticket and food/drink items to compensate.
>People stop going to theaters
>Hollywood wants theaters to spend more money to screen their films.

It's the circle of life OP, except unlike actual inflation...this cycle works much faster.

Other people ruin the experience for me, for some reason now in the UK people have started acting all American in the cinema, clapping and cheering at scenes, laughing out loud at any quip or references. I even had one major neckbeard actually call up his friend just to tell him he is about to watch the movie..

It's also expensive as fuck.

>tfw all my friends thick I'm weird for watching all of the uncut version of Das Boot in one sitting

The picture is shopped, he's just getting an MRI done. Welcome to the Internet you dumb shits

>shitty casting that chooses fake diversity over reality
>shitty writing designed to empower "stronk womyn"
>complete disregard for the intelligence of the audience
>heavy reliance on shitty CGI
>disregard for variety to focus on disgustingly expensive "tentpole" blockbuster films
>unwillingness to take chances on new films in favor of re-hashing the same shit we've been watching for the past 20 years

FUCK Hollywood!

I fucking love going to the theater. Even more so as the first IMAX screen just opened in my country. People just don't appreciate how better it is to go to a proper theater and see a movie, at least that's what I've seen. Before IMAX, we had premium large format screens and I made a bunch of my friends go, they love it now. Frankly, I can't wait for Dunkirk next year, I know that will be a blast to see on IMAX.

It's fake.

The concept of paying to watch a movie in a big building with a bunch of strangers is so antiquated it's unreal. It made sense decades ago, but technology has moved so far ahead that it just seems ridiculous now.

You have to go to some place, pay a pretty serious fee considering what you're getting, so you can sit in a tiny seat next to a bunch of fucking strangers.

I refuse to believe this. Every time I go to the movies, it's a bunch of little shit kids/teens on their fucking phones the whole time

Because hollywood movies are shit. Actually most movies are.

t. millenial

My theatre doesn't serve beer.

Plus unless its something either I or my dad really want to see in theatres, usually I, my dad nor my friends give a shit. I.E. interstellar

bro it is real

how do you think they get the lion to be still so he can roar?

Poor quality and it's over priced. Although I do pay for the stupid ass IMAX garbage because the price keeps the loud ass annoying poor people from ruining my theater experience

Poor Hollywood will never make 12 billion now.

4/5 of my last movie theater experiences have been a shitshow

>People on their phones
>Constant talking with their friends/date
>Laugh chewing with their mouth open, can't go 90 minutes without shoving food into their fat fucking face
>Laughing at serious/inappropriate parts to seem cool or edgy

Fuck theaters and fuck the people that go to them. This used to not happen so often, but now everybody is just so inconsiderate.

>there are people that think the picture is real

how fucking retarded do some people have to be? I know people here are memeing but I fucking see people in other places fucking believe this is real.

>Why don't Millennials go to the movies?

didn't the article you linked explain it well enough? they don't give a fuck about seeing something in a theater, they're attached to their smartphones.

Meant loud chewing, but I guess some people do laugh out loud while chewing a mouthful of food and that is pretty gross

1: In order for a movie to be interesting characters must face challenges of some sort.

2: In order for it to be a challenge the characters must have flaws and difficulty in overcoming the challenge.

3: Millenials demand minority, female and gay characters.

4: Yet they also get triggered when they see any of these characters having flaws.

2+4 = Millenials boycott good movies and are uninterested in seeing the shitty movies made to pander to them.

Trump would want China to trade their movies for our movies. But Chinese movies make Transformers and The Fast and the Furious look like intellectual masterpieces.

How many Chinese movies you've seen?

why would I pay $15 to sit next to teenagers talking out loud, smacking their mouths while eating nachos and shining their phone screens all over the place? The better quality visuals & sound is not remotely worth it

there is no good movies to go see. last time i went was to take my little sister to see inside-out. holy fuck did that movie suck. we should have went to see ted 2.

Threadly reminder that millennial is anyone born after 1980

Are the dollar figures adjusted for inflation? If not, they're meaningless.

>typed out a long comment about how your full of shit and its 90 onwards
>google it to prove it
>your right
Well I just deleted my "millenial memes" folder because it made me feel bad about myself. And I was born in 85. Our generation is fucked up

this

too many sequels
too many remakes
too many reboots
too many cookie cutter plots
tickets overpriced
shitty food overpriced
too many people

>Why don't Millennials go to the movies?
>Hollywood is on life support...

Because all these movies coming out are fucking garbage.

>ARTICLE PUBLISHED JUNE 8 2016

how many original movies did (((you))) see this year?

All the theaters in my area now have assigned seating which i can't stand so I'd rather just stay home at this point.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ob48q--YbQ0

maybe because people are sick and fucking tired of sequels, remakes, reboots, capeshit, and garbage

make a movie worth seeing in a theater and i'll go. i haven't been to a theater in 3 years because there has not been one single thing i gave a shit about and at best i can just wait an extra 3 or 4 months for the yify rip

too many retards laugh chewing

They're obviously not.

>3: Millenials demand minority, female and gay characters.
>3: Millenials demand

literally who

wtf I hate Hollywood now

no way dude its because of sexism and oppression

Meme magic.

To a millenial (like me) watch the movie at a cost of like $30 each with food, parking... Or wait 3 months for it to be available on direct... Or just download it, who cares

> muh shekels!!

hollywood did this whinge a few years back if anyone remembers, they made a real big song and dance about how much money they were supposedly losing.

thats the chutzpah baked into jews, their movies will earn millions of dollars in profit, but they will turn around and tell you they are losing money with a straight face.

that's because hollywood accounting

>shits on jews
>uses jew lingo
I see through you, Ezekiel.

they need the jobs that Obama sold over seas?

80s cucks are more irrelevant than boomers

found the 20 year old nu-male

Hello embryo.

Movies are expensive and millenials are poor.

I am interested in this because I would like to meet a qt gf one of these days I go to the movies alone.

what are some other good websites that have a decent interface, good reputation and quality content, that aren't too politically biased in either direction?

lol they are just going to be creeped out at you for being alone in a movie theater

fuckin creeper

fucking old ass grandad entertainment

they need to make VR movies to save cinema

Pretty much this

If Hollywood started selling their movies over the internet on a format as accessible as torrents, they'd fix their problem. A large chunk of torrenters only do it because it's convenient; I have a few friends that say they torrent HBO shows even though they own a subscription.

But, obviously, no major studio will ever do this. They're too stuck in their ways. I guess we're doomed to terrible netfilx original series until we can stream experiences directly into our heads

Because most are smart enough to know that they can watch it for free mere months later.

WTF I HATE MGM NOW

a streaming service to release new movies is just never going to happen.

at best what will happen is each major studio will have their own streaming application and each one will charge people out the fucking ass for a subscription.

they will never cut a deal with netflix to release new movies. and if they did say bye bye to the low netflix subscription fee

Old people and Daquan's are rude in the theater

Prices are the same as buying the blu ray at release

Same shit rehashed and sequels being released

16 screens, one with atmos and a large screen.

Way better things to do with my time, like shitpost

Only two. Secret Life of Pets and Zootopia. Unfortunate really.

Maybe theaters should have a single guys watch free offer so that there is no confusion about intentions.

A lady can go to the theater where she knows single guys want to meet her.

I pay for hbogo as a trade for wwe network with a friend(i like wrasslin shutup)

I torrent all my hbo shows besides Thrones because it downloads it automatically via rss feeds.

>shitty sequels or remakes
>overpriced food and frinks
>uncomfortable seats
I'd rather watch something decent at home on my couch after making my own popcorn with powdered white cheddar mixed in.

>popcorn with powdered white cheddar mixed in.

jesus christ what is wrong with you?

What are you, a heathen that hates christmas popcorn tins?

>implying a lion won't fucking maul you for sticking a camera in his face

movies were 5 dollars when i was little, now its 3x that

Bring back drive-ins, I hate putting up with other people's shit at the theater

>it's a grandpa 15 years too old to be browsing this site get triggered by the truth episode
Sad!

>thats the chutzpah baked into jews
>baked into jews
>baked jews
>ovens

good one

>All the theaters in my area now have assigned seating which i can't stand so I'd rather just stay home at this point.

Yeah, mine does that too. Fuck that. I usually like to sit in the back, on the far left if possible, but I usually look at how many people or what kind of people (don't want to sit next to noisy kids or niggers) are in a certain area and choose where we sit that way.

With assigned seating, I'm not always able to get the seat I want nor will I know who will be sitting near me until I get there & then I'm shit out of luck if they're noisy assholes.

>about how much money they were supposedly losing.

By "losing money" what they really mean is that profits did not got up each successive year. Whenever profits go on a downward trend, that's when they claim they are "losing money" which gives the impression that they are not making a profit. But that's not the case as they are still raking in the dough, just not at the usual yearly increase that they expected.

>to really share experiences: faces, cries, etc
No. Thank you very much.

>"Hollywood Has A Milennial Problem"

Yeah, it's us not the deluge of crap you've been farting onto the screen for the past decade. Maybe we don't want to see 40 superhero movies with the occasional 1980s callback sprinkled in.

Its more expensive than ever, its less entertaining than ever and black people are more numerous and uppity than ever

Because I don't want to get shot by some DC fagboy who takes his batman movies too seriously.

>Maybe we don't want to see 40 superhero movies with the occasional 1980s callback sprinkled in

But those are the only movies making real money

>If Hollywood started selling their movies over the internet on a format as accessible as torrents
This tbqh. The game industry figured this shit out years ago. People pirate for convenience first, and to save money second. If the legitimate means of buying films was more convenient than piracy, I'd buy all my films. But going to the cinema isn't convenient, streaming isn't convenient, digital rentals aren't convenient, buying the Blu-ray and needing permanent shelf space for it isn't convenient.

I also wouldn't mind the price if I got more out of it, but you don't.

You get a movie with a bunch of noisy strangers, audio problems (I've had to go and complain to management several times about having the volume too loud for a half empty theatre), expensive food no one can afford anymore.

I will only go to the cinema on a date.
>I can't get a girl to go one a date with me
>mfw no gf
>jdims

>the only movies that make real money are the only ones Hollywood puts any effort whatsoever into making and advertising the shit out of
Color me surprised.

I don't go to the movies unless there's somehting good. Watching the same old stupid ass movies over and over slightly repackaged gets old fast.