Is he /ourguy/?

Is he /ourguy/?

Todd's anger with Bojack is poorly written, he turned the girl down and her and Bojack had a consensual one night stand
If Bojack is as toxic as Todd claims that even such a short interaction as that ruins a person then why is Todd still around, it makes him look hypocritical and like a leech which lessens the impact of his speech

The stuff with Penny was poorly written, nothing happened between them, she was the one who attempted to initiate things between them, but it's all Bojacks fault because they want to force him as a terrible person
The much lauded underwater episode undermines the idea of him being absolutely horrible though

The Diane and Mr PB arc was somewhat better until the stupid loldrugz non solution

PCs entire arc was pointless since it changed nothing, at least with Bojack himself it's a 1 step forward 2 steps back situation so there is actually movement

Sarah Lynn dying was the most ham fisted forced thing all season though, it was the obvious clichéd choice to kill off a one note character while forcing in some flashbacks to make you feel attached
If they really wanted it to have an impact then they really should have had Sarah living a sober life until Bojack showed up, that would have properly underscored just how much of a toxic influence he's supposed to be while giving her death the gravitas it deserved

I'm sorry you think such hackneyed writing is the best thing ever, that just shows how terrible most TV is these days

I have a hard time trying to figure out who he's supposed to represent. Bojack is obviously Bob Saget.

Jaleel White

stop watching it for the feels or the plot. I agree with everything you say but I enjoyed the season thoroughly, although I could do without the underwater episode because dialog is the main reason to watch.

the jokes are good. that's the only thing that matters

The underwater episode was the only one worth watching. I've seen all 3 seasons, and it's basically trash. I laughed maybe once or twice through the whole run, and I'm so sick of the rick-and-morty-style pop-nihilism "nothing matters so let's just like enjoy each other's company broooo" shit.

>although I could do without the underwater episode

I don't believe you watched three full seasons of a show you only laughed at twice.

If you did, you have absolutely no life.

>Mr. Peanutbutter will never be your friend

>although I could do without the underwater episode because dialog is the main reason to watch.

>I'm so sick of the rick-and-morty-style pop-nihilism "nothing matters so let's just like enjoy each other's company broooo" shit.
way to completely miss the point of the show

it was a 20 minute Pixar short done in flash.

if we're only getting 12 episodes a year, it sucks really hard if they make an episode that plays away from its strengths that much.

they could have done the episode mostly the same but with bojack able to argue with the fish people.

Do people actually interpret the situation with Penny as Bojack just being a "terrible person"? That episode did a good job showing the nature of his decisions. If he'd just agreed to hook up with Penny when she first asked, that would be one thing, it could be played for comedy even. But the actual sequence of events showed how he set a moral standard for himself by rejecting her advances, then completely threw away that moral standard after things fell through with Charlotte.

you can get a yellow lab and name him mr peanutbutter

>it's not about Bojack being a terrible person
>proceeds to describe the actions of a terrible person

>they could have done the episode mostly the same but with bojack able to argue with the fish people.
ever heard the expression 'a fish out of water'? how about 'a horse at sea'?

They were trying to make Bojack feel completely displaced from his normal reality and alienated in a strange environment. It makes the episode's conclusion all the more hard-hitting when he bonds with the baby seahorse, only to be forgotten almost immediately after.

Sure, but the specific nature of his terribleness wasn't forced at all in that episode. It was a good depiction of his tendency toward hedonism contrasted with his desperate search for purpose.

seriously? I don't see it. I was thinking Paul Reiser or Tim Daly.

And that has nothing at all to do with that point that Penny's reaction to him felt forced and badly written since she was the one that came on to Bojack not once but twice and even though he gave in the second time nothing had happened yet but it's treated as some horrible life ruining event for her that he initiated

I know this isn't who he's *supposed* to be, but is anybody here familiar with Matt Iseman from American Ninja Warrior?

Is this a copy/pasta or do you feel so proud of this comment that you feel the urge to post it in every BoJack thread?

WHO'S THAT DOG? MR. PEANUT BUTTER! KNICK-KNACK PATTY WHACK GIVE A DOG A BONE.
WHO'S THAT DOG? MR. PEANUT BUTTER!
KNICK-KNACK PATTY WHACK GIVE A DOG A BONE.
HEEE''SS A GOOOOOD DOG HE'S
TRYINNNA DO HIS JOOBBBB
WHO'S THAT DOG? MR. PEANUT BUTTER!
KNICK-KNACK PATTY WHACK GIVE A DOG A BONE.

OP probably posts it himself to get people replying

I love the underwater episode when Bojack is watching TV and an ad with Mr. PB comes up. He's everywhere.

I've always assumed Tim Allen.

Relapsed into his coke addiction after his show went off the air and was involved in a number of crimes and accidents, iirc.

He's not any one single person, is isn't a parody of anyone specific. Bojack and his show Horsin' Around are an amalgam of a dozen or so shows that were popular in the 80's and 90's.
>Charles in Charge
>Who's the Boss?
>Full House
>Sister Sister
>Step by Step
>Family Matters
>My Two Dads
>Hangin' with Mr. Cooper
>Diffrn't Strokes
>Webster
>Alvin and the Chipmunks
>Family Ties
>The Fresh Prince of Bel Air
And probably more that I just can't think of off the top of my head.

do they need an entire episode to drive home that bojack feels isolated and unfulfilled? are all the times he says it in every episode not enough?

the show is actually funny. that is remarkable and worth appreciating. the show's attempts to be sad and profound and deep are hacky as fuck

I hope this show "runs out of steam" in the sense that they run out of ways for the characters to explore their alienation and emtiness. I hope they instead become a completely episodic sitcom with really good jokes.

kinda like how American Dad stopped being political, and is just goofy and timeless but really really funny.

it's not pasta, just some triggered autist spamming it

Yo Imma be all cliched on your ass, but be the change you want to see. Just be happy.

It's not a very funny show though. And I'm one of the easiest person to make laugh

Did they ever save the world with the spaghetti strainers? It just kind of dropped that without explaining. Everyone is probably drowning in spaghetti now and the next season with take place in a Dystopian pasta wasteland.

Netflix makes all their shows serialized so you're more inclined to binge-watch them.

Captain Peanutbutter is way better and voiced by Wierd Al.

>the show is actually funny. that is remarkable and worth appreciating. the show's attempts to be sad and profound and deep are hacky as fuck
I disagree. The majority of season 1 is bad because the humour just couldn't carry the show on its own. It only got good once we started seeing depth and complexity in the character arcs.

>run out of ways for the characters to explore their alienation and emtiness
It's a film about a rich, washed up, alcoholic and self-destructive sitcom star. If they didn't address the hollowness of stardom, all the characters would be far too one dimensional and there would be nothing to keep you watching.

the episode is to show how BoJack will be a good dad, and that his existential crisis will be partially solved through parenthood

Mark my words, next season will have him getting someone pregnant while simultaneously reconnecting with his teenage daughter.

Did you not see the badass mad max reference when mr peanutbutter saved the day?

plus he kept getting gigs after because everyone thought he was a hero

that's like the opposite of the show they're all trying to find something that matters
sweet jesus christ
that's how bojack and sarah treat it but we're given no insight into penny's perspective beside her initial shock, which is understandable, until we see her bedroom decorated with bojack's photos at the end, suggesting it was not a life ruining event
yes they did, they made that abundantly clear

Screen cap of Penny's room? The only teenagers room I remember at the end was the one that is heavily implied to be Bojacks daughter

You are a sad, strange little man. Farewell.

That wasn't penny's room senpai

Was it at least Penny's boat?

you have my permission to feel

this show isnt even funny.

people saying these characters are complex are retarded they are one dimensional as fuck.

the thing with penny doesnt make sense since she wanted to bang and he didnt even do anything.

todd being asexual as tumblr as fuck

bojack is gay man there is only so many times we need to see a person flip flop and make the same mistakes over and over and never learn and be self serving as fuuuuuuuuuuck

If they really wanted it to have an impact then they really should have had Sarah living a sober life until Bojack showed up, that would have properly underscored just how much of a toxic influence he's supposed to be while giving her death the gravitas it deserved

b-but she WAS living a sober life before he called her...