I don't think I've ever been left more upset after watching a movie. This really stuck with me, I couldn't sleep

I don't think I've ever been left more upset after watching a movie. This really stuck with me, I couldn't sleep.

If I ever get fucked by radiation then I'm killing myself as quick and painlessly as possible.

Why does this keep getting posted?

Did you guys just watch it during school or something?

That scene where the old people come out of their cellar after the blast

And the guy tries to fill a pan with water from the tap, but only a trickle comes out.... And he realises he was trying to catch water in a colander.... and water will never, ever come from the tap again.....

I watched it after the last thread I saw, that accounts for two threads.

what's so upsetting about it? i hear you people say it a lot but never really why it's so horribly scary.

Very brutal, very bleak. The little details man.

Movie name pls. I know it involves nuclear fallout in the UK or something, but I always forget the name. I'll watch it before bed tonight, I pwomise

Threads

o
thank u

Humans hardwired for survival, deteriorating as they cling to life in a ruined world.

One of the characters is pregnant and gives birth to a baby girl in a filthy barn, the baby is retarded from radiation but grows up anyway and eventually breeds with another feral retard child.

Him wandering around with a teapot trying to find water after was pretty bad, I felt his suffering.

When I was at school we were all shown it at age 13 or something. Dunno if it's that common a practice but it scared the shit out of all of us. I remember a kid crying in the dormitory that night - which is something you would NEVER do because it made you look like a complete faggot, but people seemed to kinda give him some leeway because we all clearly felt like that.

It's some scary shit if you're as sheltered as we were at 13.

The daughter isn't biologically retarded, she's just got the language skills of a primitive hominid, due to the colossal emotional trauma of the survivors and their regression into mute survivalists and medieval peasant lifestyle

Source: I read it somewhere, once

Your dormitory? Where was this, Hogwarts??

its just extremely bleak and for a child to watch I'm sure it's pretty jarring.

It's not scary, it's bleak. It captures a sense of despair more than - well, anything I can think of.

as the other user said, it's really kinda epitomized in the scene where the mentally retarded girl, aged like 13 (or younger) gets kinda raped (i say kinda because she's clearly too dumb to understand it)

She then gets pregnant and gives birth. The last shot of the film is a freeze frame of her recoiling in horror at the - presumably fucking mutated stillborn - baby she has just given birth to.

for anyone interested, The War Games is a kinda interesting precursor to Threads. It's not as scary or realistic - it's also black and white, and it's also stronger on the mockumentary feel - but at the time it was super controversial.

I thought that because it showed a message before the birth scene about the radiation causing retardation in babies. The way the movie ended with her was very jarring. I guarantee everyone in the country died before long.

english public schools m8 soz

sometimes I forget that my schooling was weird as fuck.

>I guarantee everyone in the country died before long.

This isn't at all what the film suggests - nor is it what would actually happen. You'd just have a ridiculously massive population reduction and life expectency would hit 40s, due to cancer. However people would be - generally - able to function and reproduce.

/thread

I want WW3 to happen

I felt an adrenaline rush seeing everyone panic at the nukes and thought the people trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic world were pretty cool. Was it autism?

Where did you go? University college school ( UCS ) in Hampstead London reporting in.

>english public schools
>mfw
>mfw discovering that Christopher Hitchens was a the class slut at an all-male school

The day after

>what's so upsetting about it?

Everything upsets sheltered suburban SJWs of Sup Forums.

These are the same SJWs that march at black lives matter events when the only niggers they know are from TV.

It's a realistic look at the aftermath of a nuclear war, not fucking leather-clad psychos on motorcycles shooting each other, but normal working-class people that have had their world destroyed and try to cope as best they can in what has essentially become a medieval society.

Give her a break, she learned how to talk from a broken Speak-N-Spell

Wish I was the class slut at an all-male school.

What movie is this?

Threads

I really don't understand why Sup Forums circlejerks over this movie.

Nothing about it was particularly disturbing. What scene disturbs you pussies so much?

Dude you sound pretty nihilistic, I bet you have a wicked sense of humor too.

What movie?!

So instead of answering my question about what makes this shitty, boring, cheap movie so spooky, you spam memes. Okie dokie

3 if you count what you're talking about...

I expected way worse from all the reviews I had seen. Still, not the happiest of films. The ending felt a bit rushed

The most fucked part for me was all those important people who were sent to a bunker to keep contact with other bunkers. They straight up left their families to go suffocate and starve in a hole.

Guess you'd prefer daily hundreds of capeshit threads, you field-ploughing peasant.

Put a bullet in your fucking head.

There was a thread about movies about post nuking last week

I watched this movie after it was mentioned so many times

The movie also left me with a sense of dread the second it started

I think this is due to the fact I knew a nuke was gonna go off and that the routines and news broadcasts were all similar to the stuff we just ignore and pay no mind to like we do currently

The time period this movie was made was perfect due to the production quality

Seeing tiny glimpses of carnage and gore after the bomb goes off forcing my imagination to fill in the gaps myself legit gave me a feeling ive never felt watching a movie

Should I watch the day after? Everyone in the original thread from last week said its garbage compared to threads