Who will millenials look up to when these 4 die?

Who will millenials look up to when these 4 die?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KziE9uAPZCo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Bruce Willis

Why though

bruce campbell

Dude he's a badass. Rocked the receding hairline too.

Shia LaBeouf

They'l still look up to them?

>implying Die Hard isn't still regarded as one of the finest action movies ever made
I pity your shit taste

If Clint Eastwood came along today girls would just make fun of him and say he's only quiet because he's sexually frustrated

Stallone

Why would you look up to another man? Gay af

Connery and Eastwood are both receding here as well.

>implying I look up to anyone
Kill your idols

Millenials don't need to look up to celebrities. Celebrity worship will die when boomers die.

Real men and good role models for kids are forbidden now.
Only numales and capeshit for kids so they grow up to be obedient cucks.

it's clearly a christmas movie though

>12 posts in
>someone finally pulls the trigger & posts this
I expected it within the first 3 posts at max

People who weren't asshole phonies?

Was literally cucked by a millennial

Surely arnolds chest just looked like a massive pair of tits at that time

Bruce Willis pulled off the receding hairline really well.

A challenger appears.

why do women even smile in photos when you can tell they all hate everyone around them at the time the photo was taken

I believe we already have a consensus that all cool guys are gone.

The Rock, capeshit actors, Shia LaBeouf.

We're fucked.

the driver is gormless though, he's spaced out and disconnected

eastwood is more intense than a thousand suns

John Boodega

thats a good question

none of the current crop of male leads cum action stars are memorable and cant really harness masculinity the way say, clint or connery could.

Most of them just get roided up (literally) and pout at the screen for 2 hours. I strongly suspect that almost all of our nu-male action stars are gay.

Serious amounts of gayface showing up in hollywood lately, not to mention supposed hunks who are never seen with hot women, or women at all really, unless its their beard wife they take to events as a token display.

>its another Sup Forums talks about millennials like they are not millennials thread

The second coming of Clint.

He's a manlet though

Actionkino knows no borders or seasons m8
If actionkino were to exist on a boat, it wouldnt be 'boatkino,' it would still be categorized as Actionkino, but with the acknowledgment of the boat being it's PTO. Thusly, it becomes
>Actionboatkino
See, the action is still at the forefront of the kino board. Say you have an action movie that takes place during Christmas. It's STILL Actionkino, but is categorized as SeasonalActionkino.

This. You can tell because of the "respect" for Swartzeneggar.

Swartzeneggar was always a joke. He'd come on screen and people would laugh at him because his accent was so retarded and he couldn't act, and clearly got the job because of all the steroids. He was Robert Z'dar with slightly better billing.

It was only after movies like Twins or Mother when people started cutting him some slack because they started feeling bad for him. The idea that he was ever good in his prime is some revisionist history bullshit.

Would make a perfect young Solid Snake.

>it's another greenhorn stormtrooper naps at his post while rebel scum launch a photon torpedo into an exhaust vent thus destroying our multi-billion space dollar battle station
One job, user!

How so? I don't read E!

>This whole post

Makes sense considering Solid Snake is basically Kurt Russell as Snake Plissken, which was Kurt Russell doing a Clint Eastwood impression

What a random selection of actors.

Connery is wearing a piece there, he balded early.

>looking up to relics of an age of toxic masculinity
Hey dumbass, it's 2016. Get with the times.

Idunnnoo man, I feel like the man with no name is an archetypal badass. Decades of PC movements won't undo their natural instincts.

>implying ashon kusher didn't save him from JUST

I regret nothing

my husbando/life coach is Keanu reeves jokes on you faggot.

Keanu chose the wrong side in that movie though.

They define masculinity.
And then you have the opposite side of the spectrum here

If they could get Dean off Supernatural he'd make a good action star.

But Disney rejected his ass like 3 times already. He's doomed in Supernatural hell.

Pewdiepie, jacksepticeye, markiplier, and jenna marbles.

Two kinds of millennials, pre 9/11 and post 9/11

he let Bodhi ride that final wave for a bigger cause & gave up on being a FBI agent.

ill never forget that level of broship

only socially stunted nerds think that was a good performance because nerds identify strongly with the flat affect

I sure look up to Sean's girly little feet.

>toxic
>masculinity

Manlet and can't act for shit.

Clint even had him get cucked by spooks in Gran Torino.

I sure look up to Clint's girly little tummy.

Wig is cute. Her personality bumps her up. Rest are shit

I sure look up to Arnie's posing in pink momma panties in gay magazine.

more like pre 94 and post 94. someone born in 2000 didn't give a shit about 9/11

Channing, Dwayne, Terry Crews and Harambe

When you are that big you can wear what you want

Tom Hardy is like a perfect combination of those four

>Arnie's posing in pink momma panties in gay magazine.
It was the 70's ya shithead, everyone was badly dressed.
>durr pink is fer grrls!!!

Chris Pratt

>looking up to steroid abuse cant talk man
>my wife left me hard man
>pretending to be someone else as a role man.

Yeah all those Best Actor nominations for this role at multiple film festivals must have just been flukes.

>all these nu-males hating on famous symbols of masculinity

Here, I took the liberty of casting your votes for you.

Gay, ugly, shitskin, dyke.

Jackie Chan, Jackie Chan, Jackie Chan & Jackie Chan.

really do we need to go through the list of shit actors who have been blessed with gimme awards, and the movies hack critics gushed over but were actually complete shit?

critics thought he was doing a good job because like everyone else, they though he was playing the character as actually autistic.

then he says he was trying to channel eastwood, LMAO.

Even Refn said there's a possibility he's autistic.

I personally thought he was great in the scene where he threatens Christina Hendricks.

this man is 70 years old

youtube.com/watch?v=KziE9uAPZCo

leslie is da newest dank meme

He's doing the blank screen you can project whatever onto trick. It's a thing in basic drama courses, ever seen that clip of a deadpan actor's face looking straight at the camera that switches to scenes of joy, drama, sadness, horror and back? The viewer, stimulated by the scenery, fills in the emotions on the face.
Also, there's a scene in that movie that begins with him looking at the floor for about 20 seconds while someone works on a car near him. That's a thing men do that women and faggots love, just sit there without jabbering, self contained. It advances character without him doing a thing, because not doing a thing is what he's doing, even though there's trouble afoot and consequences will never be the same etc.

>then he says he was trying to channel eastwood, LMAO.
Eastwood the man, not any of his characters, is known as being almost monosyllabic. Burt Reynolds told a story about answering the phone to silence and he said "Clint....it's you isn't it?"
Even as a director he's known for just letting actors get on with it, not minimalist, it's a masculine thing from a bygone age: talking is for women and men who lose fights.

This.

who gives a fuck

lmao

no, he was talking about channeling eastwood as he was known in westerns. The whole fucking character design is a play on the man with no name.

the only difference is gosling plays it like hes autistic and refn ran with it because refn thinks this adds depth (it doesnt).

By the way, gosling does the exact same performance in OGF. Exactly the same.

Refn is a hack director who shouldve been an editor for better filmmakers and if you dont believe me, get around to seeing the neon demon and vahalla rising, just fucking lol at the people who said he was going to be the next kubrick with a straight face

In summation: a whole lotta nothing.

>it's an user thinks nominations are a measurement of objective worth episode

You're funny. If someone thinks an actor is bad, guess what? They're right -- in their world.

Just because someone/something is nominated doesn't make it good, you imbecile.

>personally thought he was great in the scene where he threatens Christina Hendricks.

yeah with his michael jackson voice and his flat affect, I was really feeling the intimidation

this is the problem with current bunch of nu-male movie stars. Theyve been in show business their entire fucking lives and so they really cant convey violence the way older era actors could, because older era actors actually had personal experience with violence.

Its like trying to buy brad "not the face man, please not the face" pitt as a tough guy, its just wasnt believable until he hit about 50, and even then eh

I'd imagine actors like Chris Evans and other superhero actors with more masculine traits would be the next action icons that tough men want to look up to. I think lower tier would be the wwf John cena or something.

Me personally I think Russell Crowe and that dude from in Bruges would be the men of men in films these days.

>They're right -- in their world.
Yes awards are advertising and an industry making noise to both validate and draw attention to itself, so what? Awards get handed to people for political reasons, due to pressure of all kinds so what?
The awards suffer if they are clearly corrupted or invalidated, so you don't get to play that card. Objective was never mentioned. The idea is to get a very large number of people to agree in their separate worlds that you are good at what you do. Jeeze stop twisting and squirming.

>The idea is to get a very large number of people to agree in their separate worlds that you are good at what you do.

Good for them, I guess; that still doesn't make the actor good.

Pretty simple to understand.

>I was really feeling the intimidation
yeah ok sarcasm, some people can watch a screaming chainsaw being held up to a helpless victim and still feel no intimidation because they've never so much as fractured a toe working with tools.
Might be down to the viewer's paucity of response rather than anything else.

>Good for them
>those idiots who know as much as me or less
WOW ok, look, go perform one of shakespeare's soliloquoys in front of grade schoolers then the same thing before critics with decades of stage and film experience, see who's easier to fool.
>it's all subjective he's a bad actor! My opinion is as valid as theirs!
nah,you got nothing so far

I honestly can't tell which one is worse.

Dude Bruce Willis is kind of lame. Drive wasn't bad and Vahhalla rising is a good example of positive masculinity. Honstely though look towards history for your role models. Basing who you want to be off of media is pretty stupid and you'll end up an arrogant, warped, narrow minded individual.

>5'11"

Midgets are only good for comedies.

i had no idea henry jones was a bodybuilder

>5'9" on a good day

Delete this fucking post right now

Cute

> highest paid actor in hollywood
> robert z'dar with slightly better billing

you're cute for a schizophrenic

I want to look up to him when I suck on his big guy

Felix Baumgartner

I look up to Tom Cruise

Nice masculine figure

>still no Rock

CAN YOU SMEEEEEEEEELLELELELELEL?

i like chris evans as an actor but his performance as captain america might be the most dull and uninspired thing ever

of all the sins the trashy marvel movies have committed, the most clearly avoidable one was trying to put the would be leader of your ensemble next to robert downey jr and not expecting RDJ to upstage and steal the show.

the rock was looking like an action hero for the new age (welcome to the jungle/the rundown is legitimately a really good action-comedy) then he made a series of bizarre career choices

he shouldve fired his agent and stuck to his lane.