Who would win? A knife heated to the temperature of the sun, 1000ºCelsius or a knife freezed to the absolute zero...

Who would win? A knife heated to the temperature of the sun, 1000ºCelsius or a knife freezed to the absolute zero, -1000ºCelsius.

Detail: Both are made of diamond, the hardest metal in the universe.

Other urls found in this thread:

math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/ParticleAndNuclear/neg_temperature.html
mpg.de/research/negative-absolute-temperature
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ur mum
/thread

They'd disappear in a massive explosion of steam, which would then form a 0°c micro-sun.

The YouTuber who made that video wins

They would explode upon contact with one another.

The fire knife would melt the ice knife.

>-1000°C

(OP)
(OP)
(OP)
you do realize that absolute zero is impossible to reach

The knife cannot be -1000c

Being a form of carbon, diamond oxidizes in air if heated over 700 °C

The 1000deg C knife is a sun, while the -1000deg C knife is a black hole (obviously because its so cold) so when they met they would cancle eachother out into maybe a puff of smoke and then into nothing.

So it would be very violent and then turn into nothing.

>-1000c

> temperature of the sun, 1000ºCelsius
It's 5,505°C on the surface.

>absolute zero
273.15ºCelsius is absolute zero.

This is bait but really bad bait.

Yeah your hot knife deagrades to carbon and crumbles instantly. -1000°C does not exist but at least diamond does not crumble at absolute zero

-273.15° is absolute zero.

> - 1000C°

>absolute zero
>-1000ºCelsius.
triggered.

>Diamond is hardest metal in world. >Diamond is a metal

As long as you don't scuff the outer layer too much, the Diamond Oxide acts as a protective layer to the sharp insides.

1000 degree knife, because it would melt it

When the temperature reaches minus 273 degrees the molecules stop moving, if you surpass this temperature the molecules stop moving backwards, reaching the -1000 celsius.

>The 1000deg C knife is a sun
no, the knife would just oxidize. simple chemical reaction. has nothing to do with 'the sun'.

But network covalent bonds or something

It's impossible to reach temperatures higher than 273,15* celsius. Anything hotter is impossible to science.

We will have to use religion then.

no he clearly says that the OP has a knife of THE SUN. thats exactly 1000deg C, while the other knife is -1000deg C a BLACK HOLE.

Emberassed for you kiddo.

kek

i'd have both

lower

You mean lower...

>people correcting 1000 degrees C when it says diamond is a metal

Ita a meme u dip

Assuming the cold knife is a standard stainless steel knife.

When the knife reached -279 degrees, it would hit the absolute lowest point possible, it would shatter like glass when you tried to pick it up with tongs. It also would not be blue, it would be a clear pale white, almost transparent in thinner sections of the blade.

If you placed the 1000 degree knife in contact with the cold blade, the cold blade would shatter, and the hot blade would turn black and become brittle, and would easily flake off metal shards because its temper had been ruined.

intresting, why tho?

> -1000 deg is absloute zero
> sun's temperature is 100 deg
> diamond is a metal
> hardest metal in the universe is known
> knife does not melt at 1000 deg
> abolute zero can be reached

do we have all baits?

no you can have temps from 0 to 273,153 but not above that number for obvious reasons.

>These new fags falling for the -1000*C meme, and claiming to be self aware: being unaware that this is a satirical thread and no matter the comment you will fall victim to the bait.

I reckon the -1000*C knife would win as it would be a black hole at the density it must have.

>"chemical reactions have nothing to do with the sun"
Some1 failed science class LOL
Ever hear of fusion reaction? Idiot

who ever wins society loses

-273.15***

>heated to the temperature of the sun
is not
>is the sun

Even so: see

Actually you are partially right, but a diamond knife wouldn't shatter because it is indestructible, regardless the temperature.

>easily flake off
maybe you should read again TRUMP-CUCK because its made of teh hardest metal known to mankind. Thats right bitch its made of diamondillium. Not so smart now are you smart ass, or should I say dumass hahahahhaha

NEWFAGS GET OUT

Because atomic movement generates heat. To achieve true absolute zero, you would have to freeze the movement of electrons individually on an atomic level.

You can get to within around a billionth of a degree of absolute zero, but that is the limit of what our technology can achieve.
It can also only be achieved with gasses because the atomic density of solids and liquids generate too much heat to attempt absolute zero in experiments.

No it says the knife is made the sun. Read that again: the knife is of the sun. I cant believe that you can be this dense
Now take more of this thick juicy bait in your mouth you little slut.
But you have not said what it would do. It would obviously cancle out in a puff of smoke since they are exactly equal but opposite. Two diamond blades at room temperature and a small heat smoke left over. You should know this idiot.

Absolute zero is a fucking bullshit myth

1. How can you need to stop making something colder when it reaches certain temp but dont need to when making it HOTTER? both involve HEAT, one ia just adding and one 1 is taking away

And finally, point 2. Nobody has actually recorded absolute 0 aka -273 kelvin so how so we know this "limit" isnt a lower temperature ?(ie. -200C)

Agree about the sun tho, maybe op meant the suns core

wrong, there have been negative temperatures moron, look it up before you let everyone know you are trying hard to look smart.

If you put liquid nitrogen inside a freezer it would surpass the absolute zero.

Regarding the thread, Terminator 2 ending answers that question.

The cold knife would win if it attacked at night

Absolute zero is -279 degrees Celsius, or 0 degrees kelvin. Please stop acting like a hamburger intellectual.

Water freezes at zero, so if you throw ice cubes into it, it gets colder.

Checkmate absolute zeroists.

well, I think some1 failed english class LOL. Of course post's content was not what you were trying to quote. Stupid little fucker

It's only really bait if it's expected to fool someone you know
whoosh
these niggas UNDERSTAND

I like them at room temperature

I asked trump to make steel great again, and its now harder than diamond.
Your move liberal.

>/threading your own post

you're literally worse than op

Who would be holding the knife?

Jesus Christ and Satan.

Fucking FINALLY a scientist actually weighs in on this

Ayyy

In a fight it's not all about the weapon. If a trained ninjutso fighter holds a knife, he WINS, no matter how hot or cold the other knife is. Some ninjutso fighters keep training their whole lifes to master the art of knife fighting.
A friend of mine is a pretty good sword fighter

Oh my god I cant believe that you can be both this stupid, and also this loud. You are literally the worst thing in the world.

What is like living inside your own asshole? Has the methane rotted your mind for you to be so stupid and sure in your own idiocy? I hope you die of an aneurysm before you reach the high school retard.

>math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/ParticleAndNuclear/neg_temperature.html
>Question: Can you really make a system that has a negative temperature?
>Answer: You can, provided you allow some flexibility in the definition of temperature.

>mpg.de/research/negative-absolute-temperature
>Physicists at the Ludwig-Maximilians University Munich and the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics in Garching have now created an atomic gas in the laboratory that nonetheless has negative Kelvin values.

I was thinking...

So ur rebutle is pointin out a grammer mistake? Lol
U lose

absolute zero has been reached repeatedly. you sound like an armchair scientist.

update your subscription to popular science

my sides

>no matter how cold the other knife is.
i keked

Depends which sun it is. The red suns are the hot ones, but there also exist blue suns. They're blue because they're really cold.

"Question: Can you really make a system that has a negative temperature?

Answer: You can, provided you allow some flexibility in the definition of temperature."

kek.

(you)

Both are sharpened?

got another one, please see

>Ken M the thread

Does this have any effect on time relativity? Yes I'm a dumb ass.

>doesn't understand math, basic theromdynamics or entropy
>dismisses world famous experimental physicists
>my understanding of the word temperature is better
k

When the molecules start moving backwards, time starts moving backwards too.

>-1000°C
>even better than a YLYL thead

this is the most autistic thing ive read in weeks

Sorry, wasn't paying attention because I was too busy being flexible with this temperature definition.

Shit was cash.

I sent this question to Stephen Hawkins's e-mail.

no, relativity is in reference to external frames of motion. The molecules are referenced to the same body. The difference in brownian motion versus relativistic speeds is EXTREMELY small.

also since you are not a scientist, here is a quick and through guide to quantum dynamics: If something claims to work via quantum effects, ignore it completely as it is wrong. the end

That's so cool, so you can walk forward in reverse?

If you start moving forward in reverse, you instantly create a black hole.

Cool man! I didnt know you were a top world researcher in thermodynamics! Dont you just hate when you make a world breaking discovery and some dipshit online who has no clue what hes talking about dismisses your work?

Sucks huh, hahaha. Idiots will say anything on the internet these days lol.

>-1000ºCelsius
I think common sense lost

One lava

That's how Hitler invented the atomic bomb.

The only thing more flexible than that definition of temperature is your mom.

Shit was also cash.

prove it, faggot.

Thats right, I thought you had nothing.

Good day moron.

fag it, provvot

Once you create a gas that's -273,15 celsius, just put it in a freezer.

Bingo, you've achieved a temperature lower than absolute zero.

god is real.
prove that God doesn't exists.

Water freezes at absolute zero. Never seen frozen water before you fucknig retard?

Those are not absolute temps you stupid faggot.

real is good.
Prove anything other than reality exists.

Being this mad on a Bhutanese paper-mache board.

No but seriously read the papers, they never claim to hit absolute zero, just to come within a few billionths of it.

“Yet the gas is not colder than zero kelvin, but hotter,”

"In their experiment, the scientists first cool around a hundred thousand atoms in a vacuum chamber to a positive temperature of a few billionths of a Kelvin and capture them in optical traps made of laser beams. "

Gay Faggot, post a n00b meme that is a shit "HUR 1000 DEGREE KNIFE"
SUCK MY BALLS.

I kek'd this is good bait

HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU'RE STUPID IF IT WAS -1000 DEGREES IT WOULD CEASE TO EXIST BECAUSE AT THAT POINT IT HAS NO ENERGY YOU STUPID FUCKING CUNT.

>absolute zero, -1000ºCelsius.
tfw to smart for physics

There's no theoretical limit for the amount of energy that can be removed from an atom by laser cooling so the fact it plateaus at all and does so always at particular temperature indicates the presence of some kind of barrier. This is cross-confirmed by the fact that the coldest regions of space astrophysicists can find themselves hover a tiny bit above that same exact temperature. Absolute zero itself might be part of what makes the universe "tick" because these extra-cold regions are dense clumps of dust within nebulae which appear to be pre-ignition protostars and it very well could be that matter reaching aboslute zero is some incredibly important detail in the birth of ever star that;s ever existed.