Fuck

Fuck.

wtf that score is too high
deserved a NOT GOOD desu

That's exactly what it deserves though. Yeah there are some enjoyable songs on the album but the album is nothing special at all.

What the fuck has been up Fantano's ass lately?

How come both Fandingo and Pitchfork haven't reviewed Meeting of the Waters yet?

based melon didn't let us down
it's a mediocre uneven album

Pitchfork - 6.9 / 10
RYM - 2.82 / 5
Fantano - 5.5 / 10

His score is pretty much on par with the RYM aggregate score, so nothing very shocking.

melonhead wrong again, shocking

who cares

He is wrong wrong WRONG! FUCK OFF REDDIT

>The fall is as good as Humanz

this, that score is too high

painting with is better than humanz

You care, his reviews are all you care about

>projection

Based Fantano does it again!

hes right

fuck everyone i liked it

STATIC BEATS

he is wrong. this album is like a light 3

Spot fucking on. ALMOST makes up for Narkopop.

This is correct.

Why does Sup Forums care so much what this faggot says? I don't get it.

He acknowledged us once

he was too soft already, couldn't stop giving 9s and 8s like nothing

he browsed here 2006-2012

why did he stop?

He did what he had set out to do

So basically Sup Forums is inhabited by fucking fan girls.
>This numale went on the site I go on, so I'll watch all his videos where he gives his opinion

Is Donald Trump Gorillaz canon?

I really don't get why everyone cares so much about Fantano's rankings. It's just a number, what actually matters is how he explains his opinion on the album

Fuck Drumpf and fuck white people. Any album that calls out the orange racist is a 10 in my book.

t. assblasted negro who didn't even vote

Cheeto Fuhrer amirite? XDDDD

he still does to shill himself almost daily

exactly as I predicted. Was happy to hear him to realize the pure fucking abomination that is Sex Murder Party.

He got a girlfriend and then married.

>Humanz is a 5
>Narkopop is a 2
Fucking fantano

B-BUT JUST LIKE EVERY GORILAZ RECORD, I-IT GROWS ON YOU

I was hoping for a NOT GOOD but obviously that would have been to much for the retarded Gorillaz audience

What the fuck was even the point of the first 4 minutes of this review

>to
>retarded

donlad trump has litttrly been living in every musicians head rent free since nov 9.
Just wait till thom puts together a new radiohead album.

>wahhh he gave my Reddit artists fair scores wahhhh

Arcade Fire is going to be the next band to destroy their comeback with a FUCK FLUMPF album.

Since it was a limited RSD release they could easily be accused of pirating it if they don't have a physical copy. Which is really not a big deal but they have reputations to protect so it's probably smarter to avoid any potential problems.

THIS NIGGA THINK THIS ALBUM 3 THINGS HIGHER THAN THE RETURN OF GAS HAHAHAHHAHA

Kek

0:55
>THE

5 is a pretty fair score for the album. I didn't agree with him about some of the tracks (particularly The Apprentice), but it did really feel like the whole project was half-hearted in both music and promotional material to really be a Gorillaz album.

It's their best. I'm sorry you're too dumb to get it

Fuck you

give me those nudes faggot

Melon is wrong the album is good. What else is new.

Is Donald trump Gorillaz canon?

>tfw we could had unironically gotten a fight scene of all the Gorillaz cast fighting Donald Trump

goddanm it Albarn, you could atleast passed it off as a parody or something

He has something against Noah

This album will be just like Pinkerton.
>Everyone shits on it
>Some time later, it gets re-examined and recognized as a great concept album underneath the face value shit

There's just 1 political song in Radiohead's entire discography

This. Sad as fuck but true. I personally really disliked that track they put out on inauguration day as well, even just on a musical, not lyrical, level.

>"fuck white people"
>doesn't get banned
this is racism.

People hated Pinkerton at the time because it had a lot of controversy sorrounding it, and it had lyrical themes that were too raw for the time, it also didn't help that the album was mostly self-produced too.

Can't really compare an interesting ''mess'' to a corporate pop album that obviously went wrong because the team behind it barely gave a shit

Do people say this about every album that is released to less than stellar reception?

>implying mods are white guilt cucks who agree with that post

aren't*

kys retard

yes

?

Noah has nothing to do with the new EP

I begrudgingly agree, I love the Gorillaz but this album is not memorable, I'm currently listening to Plastic Beach as a cleanser

>shitty britpop hiphop decent 5
>god tier ambient lite 2
What did he mean by this

He's not wrong

Wow, higher than I expected. Can we all stop pretending that Charger isn't the best song on the album now?

>why did he stop
He hasnt, he still shills his shit here

fucking when
this never happened

That goes to Out of Body

charger is damn trash, why do people like it?

Exactly. They did what literally every artist that is not self aware enaugh inevitable does: They were not self-reflectant enaugh to understand what made their music good in the first place themselves and thus were unable to transfer it over to new material. It happens to basically every non-god-tier artist sooner or later. From then on out there are only two possibilities: They make "more of the same" and it's mediocre because it lacks sould or they make "something new and exicting and differen xD" and its a godawefull abomination.

This album is just really mediocre and uninspired for a goriallaz album and totally deserves the 5.5, I would personally give a 4.5 because while unlike the faggot reviewer I really like two or three songs, but found the rest even worse than he did.

There are literally songs from Gorillaz B-Sides that are better than this entire album.

he's acknowledged us dozens of times. he gave a shoutout to Sup Forumstant radio in one of his videos a couple years ago. he's tweeted about us (most recent I remember was about the new Avalanches album, he was literally responding to the first thread that got posted about his review here so you know he lurks). he even attempted to do an AMA but I think he got banned lol

no it is just fun to have a topic of discussion/shitposting that people are familiar with. You are just too uptight over nothing.

Yes, no one would currently suspect the melon for pirating music after he reviewed "The Magic Whip".

Is Damon shitting his pants at the lukewarm reception that Humanz is getting

this, The fall is even better then this album

I hope so

I'm starting to agree with this opinion, considering the Fall actually felt like a real Gorillaz album

>I enjoy Gorillaz

He better fucking does, he ruined a musical idea/concept that was unique and worthwhile and under whichs name there was basically only amazing well thought out albums and interesting worthwhile b-sides by churning out this piece of shit.

This album is literally the embodyment of every artist that lost his touch to his own material, except its even blander because its not even unique or interesting in its failures.

Narcopop fags BTFO

this desu. i personally think it's a 6, but that's still debatable for me. It has great songs like Ascension, Andromeda, Saturnz Barz, and Busted and Blue, but it also has songs like Carnival, Halfway to the Halfway House, and depends wayyyyyy too much on guest appearances. It all just reminds me that Damon is getting older, and that Gorillaz is nearing a close.

G-Sides and D-Sides are both better albums, yes.

Agreed, but I didn't count the bonus tracks.

Hopefully this will shut Sup Forums up with regards to the "le how can you watch antony fandango after gibing album X a score of Y!!!!1!1!!".

This is such an accurate review, particularly with how the guest artists were utilized (D.R.A.M. in particular). The only flaw is that a 5 might be a bit high, but his reasoning is solid.

But that's an elephant

it's not THAT bad but it definitely shows the direction that Gorillaz shouldn't go moving forward

and i honestly hope Albarn understands that

Go back to facebook you autist

Fpbp

BASED ANTHONY

I'm glad someone finally told me my opinions

What song is that? Cause that must be the only song you've listened to by them

excuse me sir have you ever heard of the album hail to the thief