At what age did you realize New Order are better than Joy Division?

At what age did you realize New Order are better than Joy Division?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fc1ldXDJicY
youtube.com/watch?v=fhCLalLXHP4
youtube.com/watch?v=iOEJHNZpeck
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

At what age did you realise you had shit taste?

>dance pop with sad lyrics and synths is better than dance pop with sad lyrics
makes sense

At what age did you realize I'm right and you're wrong?

>Joy Division
>dance pop
u wot m8? They're atmospheric post-punk. Love Will Tear Us Apart is their only song that could be called dance pop.

I always liked new order more, they are too poppy for hipster faggots.
I had a phase where i was really into that whole 24 hour party people madchester scene.

I dont hate joy division, but they are like the hipster equivalent of some 12 year old or dumb slut wearing a dadrock band t shirt.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fc1ldXDJicY

18 or 19

Did they gangbang that girl?

some pretty sick haircuts on Bernard and Stephen here

also 16, when I bought Substance

I love them both, and while I disagree with your opinion I still respect you as a person :)

Would have enjoyed them a lot more if they had stuck with the early sound of Power Corruption & Lies. The songs from that album/era of the band are a really cool middle ground between faster guitar-driven post punk and the new wave dance stuff. Procession and Ceremony in particular are two of the best goddamn songs ever made

The stuff after that is great but not quite the same I think

New Order are the best dance pop with sad lyrics.
Yes.

I view PC&L as a stepping stone in their sound. I think Technique is the absolute peak of the sound they were going for in the 80s IMO Technique sounds the closest to a singles compilation.

They didn't. But I did. Last night. With your mom.

LOL JK

Movement 1981 was the best combination of Rock and Synth ever made.

Unknown Pleasures is the best album by either and it's only a 7/10

At least we can all agree this is the worst opinion in the thread

>New Order are the best dance pop with sad lyrics.
But that's wrong

Plebeian scum. Low-Life, Closer and Power, Corruption & Lies are all better than Unknown Pleasures.

Different user, I wouldn't call Low dance pop. It's synth driven but it leans more towards rock than dance pop.

That's not really dance pop. Scary Monsters would be a better choice.

Low-Life is their best though

>Different user,
*Different user here,

>dance pop

Did Hooky ever look younger than 35?

lol.

Low is bowie collaborating with eno and making ambient.

If you want dance bowie he literally has a song called lets dance

>Low
>dance pop
Half of the album is art rock and the other half is ambient.

they look so inbred in that photo i love it.

New Order were better singles band but they never made as good albums as UP or closer

Technique

Low-Life
Power, Corruption & Lies
Brotherhood
Technique

Movement is pretty damn good too. Everyone acts like the Substance compilation album is New Order's masterpiece but New Order made some incredible studio albums in the 80s.

everything after technique is pure grabj, they lost their magic after that, even the album cover for republic looks like a shitty stock photo spliced together in ms paint by an intern

As much as I love NO you have to admit Bernard Sumner is kind of a shit singer.

>Brotherhood
That was a bit of a misstep

I love it. Every Little Counts is the only song that feels a bit out of place.

12 inch version of The Perfect Kiss is the undisputed GOAT synthpop song and possibly the best track of the 1980s. Prove me wrong

Republic has some pretty good songs, senpai. You're right that the cover is dreadful though. Music Complete is a bit too long but it's a good album. If you take out Stray Dog and shorten Nothing But a Fool and Academic it's a solidly enjoyable album from beginning to end.

For a hot minute Peter Hook was pretty hot. He must have got so much post-punk pussy.

Low-Life is their masterpiece. I used to prefer Power, Corruption & Lies but this year I realized Low-Life is superior.

>their most varied album
>perfect balance of rock and dance
>The Perfect Kiss is one of their top 3 best songs

>dance pop
>Joy Division didn't use synths

someone hasn't listened to Closer

literally on Joy Division's most famous single(Love Will Tear Us Apart) Bernard is playing a Synthesizer and Ian is playing Guitar

pre-beard he used to look young but also super gay

to quote Paul Morley about early Joy Division "[at Battle of the Bands] They were furious, previously we had seen them and Bernard had a spidery mustache and Hooky had his little gay leather cap: they were kind of oddballs but suddenly Ian[ brought the whole thing together]"

>MUH SKIS

Skis?

Hook mentions in one of his books that on their first time in New York. Bernard manages to steal a pair of "the shittiest skis" He'd ever seen. He proceeded to crash the rental truck three or four times. Lost all of their equipment and the skis. And never let the rest of the band forget those skis.

I've never gotten into New Order. Are they actually better than Joy Division? JD has almost no bad songs.

You need to get into them, senpai. They're an incredible band. Don't go into them expecting Joy Division 2.0 though. Movement is Joy Division as fuck but after that album they moved away from atmospheric post-punk and moved towards synthpop/alternative dance.

how did Bernard manage to crash 4 rental cars? Bez only crashed like 2 during the Monday's Barbados escapade

Listen to:

Movement
Power, Corruption & Lies
Low-Life
Brotherhood
Technique

And all of their 80s singles and EPs. Everything they made in the 80s is essential.

>I never listened to Unknown Pleasures
youtube.com/watch?v=fhCLalLXHP4
literally the first song

>that song
>dance pop
What the hell are you smoking? That's pure rock.

most of rock is pop, this thing is not an exception

At 19, when I listened to Pic Related for the very first time

At what age did you realize that songs are just bad music?

At what age did you realize all music is bad?

Disorder is not a dance pop song. Joy Division never made dance pop. This is dance pop:
youtube.com/watch?v=iOEJHNZpeck

Lol if you knew my age I wouldn't be getting Senpai. I listen to a ton of music, but the journey's just never taken me to New Order.

Thanks, I'll start here.

She's married to the guy that's standing right next to her.

You're welcome.

>They're atmospheric post-punk
this board is ridiculously unaware it's hilarious

sixteen

this

>danceable pop song is not dance pop
idiot

>16, when I bought Substance

how did buying an album of singles and unreleased Joy Division songs convince you New Order was better? or did you confuse Substance with Substance 87(the New Order 12" compilation)?

>danceable

>generic pop beat
>not danceable
idiot