Most of the things in the world has already been discovered

>most of the things in the world has already been discovered
>tfw exploring and finding unknown lands and civilizations will just be a mere dream now

Well, except for 95% of the oceans that make up most of the planet.

>Globalization

since when does the confines of your parents' basement equal the world?

Seriously though, let's be real.

Back then one could come from a shitty village, enlist in "Exploration mission of x reason" ordered by king, go on quest of grit and adventure, fight, etc.

Now one can only dream of that while trying to get manipulated by law officers yet trying to fight people or some shit. Or go into the forest and explore whatever pops up from time to time. But nothing too large.

there is still so much we don't know about our world though. Plus we're exploring other planets, who knows what we will find?

Some of us want to be on those planets, not our generations from our sacks.

>what is space exploration?

well, i'd like to see all the beauty that our own world offers with my own eyes before looking outward

>most of the things in the world has already been discovered
bull fucking shit. The internet is a fucking wild west. A virtual reality that is COMPLETELY new to humanity.

Not to mention engineering is literally make new devices that have never been seen before in the world.
>oh shit we need to explore X new world
>oh shit we need to recover X from the bottom of the ocean
>oh shit how do we treat X disease
>oh shit how can we do x online/worldwide

there is more than ever in the world to be discovered. up to you to do the work to get your own exploration ship, to use your metaphor. or find a crew and sign on.

What is this the fucking nineties?

I make robots for fun. This shit is creating new life forms basically.

Face it OP, a loser like you would never leave your village in ages past, or you would die from a viking gang rape. You are a loser in any era of humanity, and you try to justify that by saying that there is nothing left to do. There is more to do than ever before, but you pretend there isnt to make yourself feel better about being mediocre.

VR will hit in 5-10 years (maybe sooner)
AI will hit in 20-30 years (probably sooner)
unlimited opportunities

The fucking future is here bitch, be a part or get left in the lower class.

lol 95% of explorers died.
Only the best or most adventurous got funded

what make you think any other time would be easier to someone like you?

you play entirely much too videogames kid

We've discovered alot of island in the past year alone
There's still a ton of shit at sea

you gonna take that OP?

it's all in our conscience already anyway so...

There is more to do in the world than ever before.
It is easier to do anything in the world than ever before.

There's a lot of math left to discover. You know, actually important stuff, rather than rocks and fancy rats that will get out-bred by regular rats in a generation anyway.

i bet you believe in god and in dick size matters issue

>What about a Viking gang rape?

nope, wrong on both counts. try again.

VR is dumb bullshit. AR is the future. AI is here now, and will steal away the free will of first world citizens w/in 5-8 years.

that's cool then...too bad you still believe in loosers alphas and other shit that shows how poor is your awarness, nice bait btw

The deep sea dude.

lol what. How do you just project that hard based on 20 words of text. Cant you see how hard you are trying? Isn't your projection/externalization obvious to you?

my projection or your projection ??
who is who here ??

Meta

MIT labs has AI at a 5 year old level. That will be a mature adult in 5 years. I am scared shitless of super intelligences in 10 years time.
I honestly believe that humans are already obsolete.
Talk about an entire new world right in front of us.

haha, fine.

but im just an AI chatbot, what do I know?

Dubs just confirmed skynet is here.

learn to code
> a digital frontier to reshape the human condition

astronauts are mandated to explore mars by 2033, and return to the moon before then
But i guess they only want smart strong humans, not losers still living in their moms basement. Sorry OP