Breaking Bad

This is the absolute pinnacle of storytelling, hands down.

Other urls found in this thread:

alexsheremet.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Wire was, but BrBa was one of the best shows that had a cinematic feel.

I'll be honest, sometimes it felt dragged but holy fuck the pay off was fucking fantastic.... They never failed

>cinematic feel

that definitely helped to elevate it. it's a beautifully shot series.

It's really consistent, but the final season was lackluster, lots of new things were established during it and suddenly the entire situation had changed, it was too convenient when you compare it to the palpable rising tension between Walt and Fring, from Good afternoon to I will kill your baby daughter

I haven't seen The Wire, I know I'm gonna look like the biggest cucklord after saying this, but I doubt when after I watch it my opinion is going to change. BrBa was that good for me, to deny ANYTHING else, even though I shouldn't knock it till I try it.

Season 3 was the drag, I'll admit that...

Yeah, seasons before 5 are like completely different shows

boring, overrated, not one likeable character, season one sucks but stick with it lel, skylar, moomm where breakfast, bitch

just stop

Hank is likeable, even loveable.

U fokin wot m8?

Half measure and full measure are the strongest back to back episodes ever. I mean, what a one two punch.

Contrarian shithead.

The Wire and Sopranos compare. But yes, that is the holy trio.

Try watching the Sopranos

>"Are you following me here?"
What did he mean by this?
Did the writers expect us to believe Walter really thought he was being followed this early in the show, careful as he was?

muh hivemind

>I haven't seen The Wire

Don't bother, it's just a meme.

it should've ended with the finale of Season 4, when Walt and Tio team up to kill Gus

discuss

Face off and the one before it were also a good one two punch same with to hajeela and ozymendias

muh i hate everything even remotely popular

Name a better episode than this in the whole series. Protip: you can't. It's literally Godfather-tier.

Agreed, season 5 was largely unnecessary.

So it's good, then.

Crazy 8: Tutorial Boss

Tuco: Level 1 Boss

Twins: 3rd Act Boss

Gus: Final Boss

Uncle Jack: Downloadable content

>Sup Forums crossposter praising BrBa as teh best thing evar

I am filled with shock.

Why? I mean, either ending would have been great (Felina would be the best in my opinion, though).

Yeah, that will stick out in my mediabrain forever, more than most movies/vidya.

It jumped the shark more times than I can remember, had cartoon level characters and poor acting throughout.

This guy gets it.

hehe

What's your favorite live action show, m80?

Was the final season supposed to make Walter look bad and 'devilish'? Because it didn't succeed at all in my opinion

I agree with you. Walter literally never did anything legitimately wrong

>le blow up a police evidence room
>le become train robbers
>le setup exploding bomb to destroy evil boss man
etc.

They ran out of ideas and just started jumping the shark. It was stupid and only appealed to Sup Forumstards like yourselves.

He definitely did, this argument has been done to death. He could've just accepted Gray Matter's money and died a quiet death, but his pride got in the way.

You didnt answer the question senpai. what's your favorite live action show?

Answer my question, you fucking chimp.

>"I watched her die. I watched her overdose and choke to death. I could have saved her. But I didn't."
>"No. I'm going to run a meth empire."
>"I robbed a train."

this. Walt was kinda like Jack Kirby to Elliot's Stan Lee at Gray Matter. Motherfucker couldn't let go of his pride to reap in all of the money he wouldve been making

>make pleb garbage for babies
>it's praised as if it's something great

like cockwerk

The Wire

>le chimp show where everything race-related is exaggerated to an extreme for dramatic effect

Yeah, you're just a stupid piece of shit. See, I can do it, too.

>everything race-related is exaggerated
Nice examples.

No. It ended poorly.

Likewise, my teenage friend.

I gave you some examples here

>"Breaking Bad (2008) was a mere assemblage of cliches rounded off with the sort of camp irreality that could have only hoodwinked (and did!) the very suburban types it featured, replete with a sprinkling of ‘artsy’ moments that were anything but. A choice example is Walter, after learning of his terminal cancer, glaring madly at his son’s bullies, then snapping in a fit of violence completely out of character to his former self — I mean, he’s got nothing to lose, right? That such obvious, heavy-handed moments are thought of as subtle and ‘deep’ world-building devices shows just how little most care for art, even as they turn the show into the highest-rated program in IMDB history."

Honestly, I've never finished The Wire, and I don't hold BB as #1. But if you don't think Sopranos is untouchable, you need to reevaluate your life.

>alexsheremet.com
Sounds like a worthy critic to me.

>some examples
>every point starts with le

1. The Sopranos/The Wire
3. Mad Men
4. Breaking Bad

dude he was a paranoid pos from teh very beginning

>Sopranos is untouchable
It's not as good as The Wire

What an absolutely terrible critique. If they couldn't even piece together Walter's motivation in that scene then it ruins their credibility as a critic.

Beyond that: even if it was his motivation no one asserted that it was subtle or deep.

There are things to critique BB on but that's a bad starting place.

I wouldn't know for sure, but The Wire bored me out in less than a season.

Is this bait? He meant figuratively following him. Like, following what he was saying.

Copied this from the last Breaking Bad thread I was in because I don't feel like typing it all out again:

I don't completely hate it, but considering it was serialized into one 5 season story that culminated in two seasons that completely shit the bed it sours the rest of it for me. It fell into the trappings of rule of cool (cripple suicide bomber, Gus walking out of the room after and adjusting his tie, dude magnets science bitch lmao, remote control machine gun trunk) and eventual aimlessness (they literally admitted that they had no idea where they were going with the show so they just flew by the seat of their pants and tacked on Nazis, the easiest villains to write of all time). Combine that with the fact that Walt's arc in the second half of season 5 veers way too close to portraying him as sympathetic and redeeming himself (protagonist vs Nazis to save my best friend/surrogate son from literal slavery) and getting him everything he wanted the whole series in the end, it was really a let down. The entire series was a build-up portraying a man's facade of morality and righteousness erode away once he found something to do that stroked his ego because he wasn't where he wanted to be in life, and instead of getting his comeuppance he still saves the day for everybody in the knick of time and accomplishes his endgame. The big bad for season 5 should have been a hundred percent Hank so as to actually follow the story to an organic conclusion instead of just throwing a bunch of kooky shit together at the last second because you're AMC's cash cow. For a show that's all build-up, the climax and conclusion makes or breaks it.

tl;dr

Learn to fucking paragraph.

Nigger stop being lazy and illiterate.

The show was all build-up, so a shitty climax and conclusion automatically takes it out of the best series conversation.

Yes, Walt's epic badass mid-life crisis attack on the youth was sublime, elite golden-age television at its best

Has nothing to do with that. People don't want to read your shit unless you format it into easily readable chunks. Have you never heard of a 'wall of text'?

It's totally rambly, I admit that and I'll change it if I ever post it again. But do you want to stop being a faggot about it and discuss what I actually said since this is a Breaking Bad thread and not an English class?

No, because this has nothing to do with your English class, it's about readability. People's eyes glaze over when they see a fucking edifice of text. Multiply that fucker by 20. Would you read it?

>No, because this has nothing to do with your English class
Your reading comprehension is shit. And I literally admitted that it was poorly written. This isn't reddit, faggot, I can't go back and edit the post to make it more aesthetically pleasing to you and appease your autism.

>making shit up as we go, also MAGNET
>pinnacle of storytelling

Then edit it and repost it, if you want anyone to take you seriously. I swear, summerfags are for real.

I agree with the folks saying Breaking Bad kinda sucked.
It had some good moments, but overall it's a show that is better watched at 4× speed. There are SO many slow boring parts that weigh down the good parts.
Not to mention the storyline itself moved at a snails pace. Not in a good 'build it up' kind of way. In a '1 step forward, 2 steps back' kind of way.
Watching a season you'll see the same scenario at least 2 times with the only intention being to drag the show out.

>implying

>can't argue or discuss anything besides the format of the post instead of the content
And I'm the one who should be worried about being taken seriously? :^)

are there any shows as good as this besides the wire, the sopranos, and game of thrones?

If you're over 20 Mad Men or Twin Peaks are the best series of all time. If you have the mental age of a 15 year old high on chocolate milk probably GoT or BrBa.

It was good but not that good.

>Dick will never hold you in his big, strong arms

end my life pham

>Slow boring parts
You might as well carry a sign that says pleb.

That's a perfect sized paragraph, read a fucking book, you've never seen a paragraph that "huge" before. Fucking idiot

You could say six sentences is a paragraph, but when you use run-on sentences, and unnecessary parentheses, that ceases to be the case. There has to be a word-to-sentence ratio that makes sense to a sane linguist.

except after season two every episode was mostly filler.

I liked it, but BCS is superior.

I liked Season 1 and 5.