Why do so many people like rap? its literally niggers rhyming about drugs, misogyny, sex, and money...

Why do so many people like rap? its literally niggers rhyming about drugs, misogyny, sex, and money. Most rap and hiphop, especially what you see in the charts today is crap and the people who enjoy it are intellectually challenged

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WQnNRUfbY-M
youtube.com/watch?v=vyh4CeQ3JNk
youtube.com/watch?v=LlU4FuIJT2k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because niggers have an innate disposition to simple ooga booga bass drum trunk rattle noise
because it requires minimal thought to decode and understand

so basically niggers and glorification of nigger culture, which are also the leading cause of the downward turn the united states has made over the last 20 years.

its popular because white people like me nod our heads and pretend to like it so we wont get beat up

but actually tho idk i just think it sounds good sometimes and musical taste is subjective

OP are you Hopsin?

Also drugs, misogyny, sex, and money are cultural cornerstones of American society. Not everybody who makes music about it is endorsing it, have you listened to Nas?

I understand music is subjective, but i just find rap to require no talent. its literally just rhyming over a track which is most of the time stolen.
there are only very few exceptions like Kanye's stronger
no hopsin also sucks.

Glad we can agree on Hopsin then. I think lyrical prioritization can set a solid rap track apart from those of other genres I guess. There's a lot of density in the lyrics of artists like AZ, Scarface, and a couple others.

I'm usually on /lit/ though so it may be that I'm just a whore for words, though I would argue that there are quite a few artists with strong grasps of rhetoric

Is rap and hip hop the same thing?

As an english major, its very interesting to analyze super-stylized rhyme schemes. Its actually an incredibly complex system of communication at it's core.

Well when you say talent are we talking technical talent or artistic merit? It would be fair to say the guys in a band like Dragonforce have technical talent, but their music, while fun to some people, is no more artistically or culturally significant than an LMFAO album

Not necessarily

Because people have opinions and are more likely to listen to things their peers listen to. So fucked, right?

So, like being Japanese and Chinese? Essentially the same thing, just different names/origins

There's alot out there that isn't tho.

youtube.com/watch?v=WQnNRUfbY-M

Eeh, Kinda. Hiphop is a specific genre that is made to be rapped to. Rap its self is just a way of delivering vocals, you can rap to any genre of music.

The bigger issue is the amount of braindead washed up blind followers these stars have that they can do anything they want and not lose a single fan, and can release any music they want, any half digested piece of shit, and it will sell millions, and because of that it will be played everywhere, on car radios, over school PA's at the end of lunch (my school did that, annoying as fuck.) and because of what you stated, people will listen to it more and more, and because this half digested piece of shit did so well people start thinking this is what we want, when most of us don't give a shit as long as people listen to it as well. It's the group of people that actually care about their eardrums not having cancer that get fucked over by this.

The same reason some people like to hear retards screaming at the top of their lungs and acting emo I guess.

How bout a rap song about Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=vyh4CeQ3JNk

Is this really unique to rap music, though? I see arguments like "le drugz and violence" all the time on Facebook from pop normies but is it really any stupider and more cancerous than another Taylor Swift song about eyeing the new guy in class?

With some exceptions, boring, accessible music will rise to prominence because it's the least threatening and most widely appealing, an actually appropriate time to describe something as a lowest common denominator. That's just business.

WE GET IT YOU DON'T LIKE RAP. It sounds nice to some people and not to others. THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT AN OPINION IS.

sage in all fields

It's about the cultural downspiral it represents you fucking idiot

Right, and The Road outsold Blood Meridian - the public likes things more easily digested, but that's nothing new

Wow dude you're so unique you dont like rap?
Wow you're so intelligent and artistic please let me suck your dick

Same shit with country music. Just a bunch of drunken cowboys singing about their failed lives.

So, how about that lil' dicky?

youtube.com/watch?v=LlU4FuIJT2k