I need some Grills and guys to read a line a few times and post it on Vacaroo for my DnD game

I need some Grills and guys to read a line a few times and post it on Vacaroo for my DnD game.
My first game I'm DMing so pls help.
also Random thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1DvBGcIPv3Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what sort of campaign is it/ what questlines have you lined up? always interested in DM stuff, seeing as how i think DnD is awesome, but i've always been the DM introducing people to it, never played a character myself

i've only played 2 games and don't know much at all. I'm going in pretty blind but two on the people Im playing with have DM'd before so they are gonna help me, they are just wanting to play for once.
I've got a few ideas but I'm wanting people to record a few lines of dialog that im going to get the NPC's to say. Just as a way to immerse them.

So post the lines faggot.

i wouldn't bother with lines of dialogue, giving the NPC it's own personality is more important that just having different voices, you're more likely to remember the guy that is drunk and has a speech impediment that you can recreate than some random user reading off a line

>men
Umthondo Enempilo
>women
Umthondo Omuhle
>Both
Isifebekazi

This is not for every time or for unique NPC's. More of a walker by or Town guards.

How about you read them out first so we at least know how they're supposed to be pronounced and how you want them said. Not saying I'll actually do it, but it would help anyone who might want to give it a go.

hm, i'd rarely take the time to say anything a random passer-by says unless it's going to lead somewhere, but like that other user said, post the lines

didn't notice you'd posted them, thought it was some guy just mashing the keyboard

I want it to sound how it's spelled.

vocaroo.com/i/s1DvBGcIPv3Q

Well that's not really helpful as letters can be pronounced in more than one way. Does the 'Um' in umthondo rhyme with 'plum' or 'broom' for example. Also, is it a greeting or a threat? Should it be said cheerfully or fearfully? It'd be a lot easier to just give an example of how you'd like it to be said.

Op, do you have $10?

Just go on fiverr and have a male and female voice actor do it for you. Easy

now this is a fucking idea, get tyrone to voice every npc in your game

Ok I see what you mean. it is going to be kind departing words. Like saying "Good luck"
Im no voice actor but that's how I said the mens.

I said $10 as in enough for 2 voice actors

>spending money on dnd

I speak 5 languages and these words can be pronounced completely different with each of those accents. Askong tonread something hownitsnspelt means nothing or spell it out phoenetcally dipship... God, I wanted to help but now I'm just thinking you must be a shit DM

nah man the potential is there, fuck the $10, go for gold

not very bright for someone that speaks 5 languages.

I've spent literally thousands on my pathfinder merch and stuff more my campaigns

It is a true hobby and i don't mind spending money on it

I spend 6 hours a week for nearly 20 years playing pathfinder & dnd. I spend around $5-$30 on any given session when I'm the DM. If i went to 3 movies a week I would be expected to pay $45 but i would be entertained the same amount of time as I do when playing.

Cool.. remember how I said it was my first time DMing? I don't know what im doing yet to warrant spending money on it. Im using the other guys stuff and If im into it then I might invest.
Any suggestions on how to be good at it?

Oh, i read it and listened to your recording. Youre still shit, I didnt miss a post I just don't care, theres also no depth or explanation of how these words are said, accent or tone, goodbye good luck, or do you just want me to record in every possible intonation and emotion? I just want your shit organized.

Try asking for this on /tg/

Don't write a ton of shit

The players will ALWAYS go off track, so if you write a campaign like a book you'll end up wasting your time.

Instead do bullet points of main events, and make campaign starting events big enough that they are FORCED to get involved (don't think "there's a flyer on a tavern wall" instead think "the entire city is being ravaged by cultists")

You sir are a fucking moron.
>kind departing words like "good luck"
also I said the first one yet you can't figure out how the second is meant to be said?
>accent or tone
maybe fucking as english as I sounded and "kind departing words"
I say again. For someone that speaks 5 languages you aren't very bright.

i hate the "cultists" thing, they seem so over played but i get what you mean. My introduction was going to be in a town that was attacked by ferrals.

Cultists can be really fun.

You can make them all super cheery "we're cleansing you of your unhappiness" all the way to emos that joined because they hate their parents. I once made a town of elves a cult to a crazy guy I named Star captain Orion, he wore a majestic duster covered in stars and claimed the ancient pscions spoke to him. The elves all loved him and thought he was God. Turned out the well in the center of town was poisoned with mercury and they were all just insane from mercury poisoning

(They also went on a genocidal rampage against their orc sister village a couple miles away, with half of my players on one side and half on the other)

im more leaning towards a small campaign set loosely off a mission from Fallout 3 were you go and help a settlement with a "Vampire" probmlem except Im making it actual vampires. Im trying to figure out how to put the hysteria through the town but still 'mystery' it up and also figure out how to get them to do shit at night.

Festival, people get drunk (there are drinking mechanics) a young woman hits on one of them and lures them away, have them all roll perception to see if they notice the drunkest character being led away (fudge perception dc so most of them notice) , but vampires ambush drunk character.

Btw vampires tend to be something around level 10 not 1