youtube.com/watch?v=YJkrtGIV4uY
youtu.be/-qLVSd3_pzQ
youtu.be/a16igonZo20
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's the greatest normie filter ever released

If you have an IQ below 100, maybe.

it is the greatest act of musical degeneracy
and thus, the greatest rock album ever made

It sounds like the most self-indulgent aspects of Chrome, Sonic Youth, Butthole Surfers et al sans any degree musicianship

Whether or not they have musicianship is another argument to be had, but they were so strung out on smack they ACCIDENTALLY made an avant masterpiece, or as said

Avant garde a clue more like

it's just as garbage as say like idk derek and the dominos except for totally opposite reasons, still just as awful though. fuck scaruffi

literally every single of those bands is much better, chrome in particular

ITT: Filtered plebs
It's fucking god-tier

What's so good about it?

nothing, it's death grips of noise rock

Listening to the full thing straight through was the most incredible musical experience I've had.

okay.
whats so good about it?

For most people this probably sounds like shit but I love it

>qt gets close to me
>asks what I'm listening to
>say "oh just a lot of hipster indie bands haha"
>she tells me to put it on shuffle and puts an earphone in her ear turning up the volume
>WUAAAAAAAAAA
>yin jim versus the vomit creature starts playing

J U S T
U
S
T

>comparing Twin Infinitives to pop music
leave the board

what a shitty analogy
deathgripsfags are truly the worst cancer of Sup Forums

I'm comparing shit music to shit music

you're not edgy listening to it either, it just goes to show that you're not well versed enough in music to disregard it as complete garbage that it actually is

>Twin Infinitives
>shit music
filtered

>he doesn't get it

See

>I'm comparing shit music to shit music
that album is actually good unlike death grips, which is mediocre at their best

it allows me to be smug when brainlets like you can't comprehend it

lol I bet you also like that keiji haino album with an overly long french title

tvu literally shits on this garbage

This. Rock tf out

go listen to your radiofriendly punk rap

it's epic....you pleb

>greatest act of musical degeneracy

it really isn't

>musicianship
Are there really people who still think Neil can't play? Really?

It's a meme you dip

this pleb here... baka. I bet you hate all 'freeform' music too.

yes. and it's ridiculous. Trux alone played how many styles of music over the course of their discography? Neil is one of the best guitarists on the planet.

>another falceflagging dgfag
I'm convinced that it's the same person.

Someone finally put 'What is Royal Trux?' on Youtube. Good documentation of TI era Trux.

youtu.be/uDo6aB_pXdk

except you can't because to what riffs, what beats? tmr still had plenty of those, you just had to look for them
it's an emblem of contrarianism, only interesting to people who (think they) hate the most basic concepts of rock music, the only reason it's interesting is because it contradicts those in a rock context they can understand because god forbid someone listened to actual avant-garde music, that has that reputation of being studious, not punk at all!
god, "the punk ethos" is a terrible terrible meme that gets abused to justify the worst music ever made see also: suicide

Awesome

nice try grimes cuck

what logic is this?
you're retarded, you know that?

Ah so, confirmed you don't get the album.

What do you think of Anthony Braxton? Jk kys, no one cares about your shit opinions

>that opening riff

mfw

nah, I'm a pretty big fan of 16-17 for one

I can see that people who think that twin infinitives is good might think that because they haven't heard much of actual experimental rock music. remember the mallgoth charts? yeah twin infinitives is exactly the definition of that right next to mr bungle, foetus and such

if you think this shit has anything to do with anthony braxton you're a pseud just like i described
even if you just really wanted to hear some drug addict rambling incoherently in musical form, you'd be served better with smile from the streets you hold

grimes and anthony braxton are absolute muscial geniuses

royal trux is just a bunch of hacks comparable to death grips or katy perry

What is this?

movie Neil & Jennifer made and released in 1990. It's pretty great.

t. Scaruffi drones

dude you sound like a square. for real.

sure, so?

I'm a scaruffite and a huge Captain Beefheart fan who enjoys TMR very much, but even I have no idea what the fuck I'm supposed to get out of Twin Infinitives.

>young Jennifer

I both listen to and play music on drugs. How does that make you feel dad?

it is because it works with surgical care from a decently respectable starting point and thoroughly decomposes everything it can, every way it can

it isn't just a bunch of field recordings of diarrhea looped over a malfunctioning player piano, which is what you get from "muh avant garde degenerates"

so fuck off w/ your nerd shit

Holy shit this is the most absurd musical statement I've ever seen. What a board this is. Beautiful.

I saw Neil exactingly recreate live a few years ago.

With sheet music!

Oh yeah!

tmr is a work of a literally insane genius, twin infinitives is an apotheosis of deconstruction for the sake of deconstruction, there's nothing noteworthy to observe there musically, neither intellectually or emotionally, it's just shit

I'm beginning to get the feeling you don't like it.

Again, fuck outta here with your nerd shit. You're a fucking drag dude.

lol

He's got a severe case of the Albinis.

There's a lot of context to the thing that makes people love it. It's the definition of 'so bad it's good'.

>worst

Oh shit awesome

It's about art and rock & roll and being young.

what's so hard to comprehend?

You dudes need to go fucking flesh out a thesis or something.

>it's an emblem of contrarianism
That's enough of a reason for me to continue justifying my liking of this album

>tmr is a work of a literally insane genius, twin infinitives is an apotheosis of deconstruction for the sake of deconstruction, there's nothing noteworthy to observe there musically, neither intellectually or emotionally
You're saying this like it's a bad thing

I'd rather listen to The Shaggs

really piques the pecans

>15 minutes in

this is glorious

Best song

youtube.com/watch?v=YJkrtGIV4uY

>when ice cream is your fav cause it remind you of 12 year olds

>not RTX-USA

Lad...

So good. Neil's still making the dopest shit.

youtu.be/-qLVSd3_pzQ

this embodies what the textures of the noises within noise rock are suppose to me, at least to me, also you need to listen to more noise rock because this easily sounds like the shaggs made a noise rock band

>shaggs
such a bad comparison. wiggins sisters couldn't really play. by the time of twin infinitives Neil was already a somewhat accomplished musician. he knew exactly what he was doing.

>It's a Royal Trux episode

youtu.be/a16igonZo20

then its the captain beefhart of nowave

Heroin: the album

according to the trux, it was recorded sober. it was later quality tested on various narcotics.

you say that like it's a bad thing

No, the third Discharge album where they made the baffling decision to go hair metal is the worst album ever

im not its just the only thing i could make a comparison too since shaggs was deemed bad

sounds like a rock & roll record to me. and I mean that as a compliment. never got the thing where this album was supposed to be impregnable or impossibly esoteric or whatever. listen to the riffs.

>hallucination. Break the laws that they create.

>Fun fact: Their debut album, "Twin Infinitives", released in 1990, is the greatest popular music album ever, and marks the final accomplishment of popular music itself. It shows the final logical goal of all "popular" music, is the completion of the program set out by Faust and Trout Mask Replica, and one must then search outside of popular music entirely to ancient spiritual hymnals to find greater masterpieces, and everything produced after 1990 in popular music is a footnote to this album.

How dare you criticize Keiji Haino's undisputed masterpiece "C'est Parfait' Endoctriné Tu Tombes La Tête La Première N'essayant Pas De Comprendre Quelque Chose Si Tu Te Prépares À La Décision D'accepter Tout Compris / Endre En Toi-Même Cela Se Résoudra."
May you burn in hell

ur fucking bait almost made me reply

>it is the greatest act of musical degeneracy
I take it you're unfamiliar with hip hop?

>suicide doesn't fucking bang
looks like you're the contrarian faggot after all

but you replied

great album

Osiris is. A minute in it just takes off

What's this all about?

no

poseur-core

No, this is.