Hello, I am still the best Gorillaz album

Hello, I am still the best Gorillaz album.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NbrPEMVR6Jk
youtube.com/watch?v=HPPAA6742n8
vimeo.com/184277965?utm_source=email&utm_medium=vimeo-cliptranscode-201504&utm_campaign=29220
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, yes you are :^)

Gorillaz isn't good

I love this album to death.

I dont understand this meme at all demon days is clearly the best by a large margin

PB/DD/ST/H

On Melancholy Hill is the best song that Gorillaz ever released. Plastic Beach isn't as consistent as Demon Days though, but it definitely has stronger highlights

s/t is their best with DD as a close second

listening to their latest shitpile made me really miss the real Gorillaz.
Even songs like Sweepstakes are just better.

This album is great. My favorite of theirs with self titled in close second. Few albums execute their concept as well as this one does

>best gorillaz album
>contradicting terms
none of it is even good. At all

Demon days is one of the most overrated albums in this boards history. It has the best singles of them all but this tinny production sound that is awful and a lot of mediocre songs . It's a great album but some of you chucklefucks make it out to be gods gift to our ears which I can assume is because it's most of your "first real albums" when you were younger

*deletes Cloud of Unknowing*

That's not Humanz

(I'm being serious)

Completely agree. But s/t is better.

Dubs of truth. Gorillaz are complete shit and have always been.

I'm 36 and I still think DD is the best album, but I only recently decided this after giving it a re listen in the last year or so, I actually used to like the self titled album best but somehow Demon Days has gotten better with time. I should maybe go back and listen to Plastic Beach again.

ST>PB>DD>TF>>>H

ST aged very gracefully and it's a pretty great snapshot of hip hop/trip hop mixed with pop sensibility in the very early 2000s. The novelty of an animated band was fresh, MTV was peaking, and popular music needed the freshening up Gorillaz provided.

As a big fan of The Gorillaz who has been following them since the first album, and listens to everything from the main albums to the Sides, I honestly think PB is one of their weakest. Only The Fall is worst for clear reasons, and maybe Liaka if you count it.

I'd probably say:
Demon Days > Gorillaz > Humanz > G Sides = D Sides > Plastic Beach > The Fall

Do we not rate Monkey: Journey to the West?

Uh gorillas have always been the gayest shit ever. Seriously stop listening to music and fuckin die faggot.

Anyone else not even consider The Fall when ranking their studio albums? I just see it as an iPad promotion. Total dreck.

My issue is the rap features. I love hip-hop, don't get me wrong, but every single rap feature on Demon Days makes those songs worse for me. Like we'll have a really good thing going and bam a rapper out of nowhere to fuck up the flow of the song.

I like the rap features on DD, ST, and Humanz, but hate most of them on Plastic Beach. It's all just personal taste I guess.

To me the Fall is similar to G-Sides and D-Sides. Both have some fantastic songs, but its really just a mixed bag of random extra songs.

Still The Fall has some AMAZING tracks like Hillbilly Man, Amarillo, and Bobby in Phoenix.

Heh, that's funny. Plastic Beach is the album I like the rap features the most because they feel much more organic to me.
> It's all just personal taste I guess.
Yup

Hip hop is probably my favourite genre but I would agree with this. But I still rate it as my favourite album because the tracks without the rap features are so strong. I think the title track is probably one of my favourite Gorillaz songs from any of their albums.

Thats how I felt on dirty harry but the rap verse is decent and grew on me.

Yeah I think its really hard to discuss The Gorillaz as if they are an actual singular artist or band. Dozens of guest stars and dozens of genres have been explored by this group, so it makes sense even fans of them would have different favorite albums or songs and such.

This for example is my favorite song by them, and yet I love a song like Submission or Let me Out despite sounding nothing like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=NbrPEMVR6Jk

Is Empire Ants his best song?

Gorillaz really are their own genre

It has to be Empire Ants or On Melancholy Hill.

I love Some Kind of Nature so fucking much
I just adore Plastic Beach man, personal 10/10 easily. I'm just gonna listen to it again it never gets old for me

G-Sides and D-Sides shit all over The Fall, some of their best songs are on those albums.

>not liking the DOOM verse
what

i hate Gorillaz but on melancholy hill is candy to the ears

legit best song of the 2010s

I dont like it either t b h
though I can recognize Doom's talent, anyway its still better by far than anything on Humanz

could be The Sounder or El Manana too for realz

I always thought Sweepstakes was great

me too m8, Mos Def kills it and I like how the song builds up progressively

when those trumpets hit

yes mang, so good

I use to think DD was the best album but after listening to PB again, I've come to realize the master piece that is PB

its weird how instead of just remembering that everyone starts sperging about the Real gorillaz

I just finished this after putting it off for a while and.. bras. I don't think a single song stuck out as great to me. Holy hell this was mediocre, I might delete the whole thing. What do you guys think? I'm gonna give it a couple more listens but every other Gorillaz album immediately hooked you with hit after hit. This took 6 bloody years?

>listen to the full album in a single vid on YouTube
>like it a whole lot
>listen to the tracks individually on spotify
>realize that the full album vid I listened to was pitched up slightly and a lot of the songs on Plastic Beach sound a fuckton better that way

This and To Binge are more than okay to delete imo

aye that rap verse on dirty harry is actually kinda lit and caught me totally by surprise at first

To Binge was cute

To Binge is fucking great. It's like lying in the sand and winding down on the plastic beach near the end of the day (album). What's wrong with it exactly ?

PB>GZ>DD>HZ
Best song is Tomorrow Comes Today

it's like a rap album with Gorillaz stuck on the front, it's like the latest Avalanches album but worse.

Latest Avalanches is fucking amazing what are you on about?

It fits with the vibe of the album instrumentally but I don't really care much for the vocal bit. When I think Gorillaz I don't really think about gentle vocals. Same reason I didn't like Busted and Blue on Humanz (along with the rest of the album).

I personally think the first verse on clint eastwood is completely retarded. the hooks dope as fuck obviously but I hate that stupid yawn he opens with and all of his shitty goofy ass rhymes

yeah of course it is, keep telling yourself that

You think your opinion matters to me or something?

>Welcome to the World of the Plastic Beach pitched up
>Stylo pitched up
>Empire Ants pitched up
>Some Kind of Nature pitched up

I just want to know where I said it was bad? did my original comment say it was bad? did I ever say I disliked it?

I'm sorry but you said "Avalanches but worse", which implied to me it were bad to begin with.
Had you said "Avalanches but bad" I would understand more clearly.

>listen to Superfast Jellyfish once
>think its stupid goofy hip hop
>listen to it a few more times
>find it annoyingly catchy and really enjoy the rhymes

Its a meta fucking song too, being a fake advertisement in the chorus was pretty clever

sorry for the inconvience, leave me a tip or some advice so I post more clearly for you next time

That song is so great. Reminds me of those old DOOM beats he did with the old 50s commercial samples.
Well I misunderstood you so I'm sorry. I'm just used to a lot of people here shitting on Wildflower so I got defensive.

Right? HUMANZ was shit.

I know, right? Like, riiiight? Totally. Omg

>forgetting about Glitter Freeze

I put Plastic Beach on par with Demon Days, because the high highs of Plastic Beach are enough to balance out the low lows on the album to the point that it averages out to about the same level of Demon Days, which was just a consistently good experience throughout the whole album.

I'm the only one who thinks Doncamatic feels really out of place on Plastic Beach? Its not that I think that its bad, it just feels like the kind of pop track that you hear during the credits of a kid's movie.

*only good Gorillaz album

Demon Days had great singles, but the rest of the album is filler.

Don't remind me :(

Self titled is based ya dip

Good thing it is not on the album.

Wasn't it part of the deluxe album?

I don't usually like hip-hop, but I like the rap features on Demon Days...

Of course you are. I wasn't looking for an album to be your superior in Humanz, I just wanted another good Gorillaz album.

And I got it.

yeah nothing else comes close.

demon days has a few good tracks but some of them are just cheesy. the only bad tracks on plastic beach are sweetstakes and the track plastic beach.

demon days is a bit repetitive in its themes and it falls on its face in the last 5 tracks. white light is fucking retarded, and the last two tracks with the gospel choir are weird as fuck. i also think dirty harry and kids with guns are pretty annoying. el manana, feel good inc, november has come are great though.

the first album peaks at clint eastwood then gets boring...

>the first album peaks at clint eastwood then gets boring...

Opposite for me. Hard to droll through the first third of the album.

no no n, no non mno .,no n o ,n on on nononno nonnonon nonon non non nno

those are two of my fav tracks from plastic beach.

also demon days is superior

I like Gorillaz. Humanz is... it's okay. It's listenable but not as good as any of the other three.
Best Gorillaz track is El Manana, easily

youtube.com/watch?v=HPPAA6742n8

plastic beach is what made damon think he could produce an album himself like yeah he pulled it off in this instance but obviously it blew up in his face, maybe if he tried to focus his collaboration efforts into making an immersive record with a producer instead of just lazily handing features out on every song people wouldn't be throwing a fucking fit

Demon Days > D Sides > Gorillaz > G Sides >>>> Plastic Beach >>> The Fall > Humanz

I love hip hop and I violently disagree with this

Hello, fuck off back to .

82 replies above you of people having a good time discussing a band, but no, you're the special snowflake who gets to decide what's allowed and what isn't you fucking idiot go back to the metal thread and leave us all alone

Fuck off redditor go have a fun cirlejerk at r/gorillaz

kek

I think the album is good but I don't think it's Gorillaz's best. On a good day I enjoy many of the individual songs but as an experience it doesn't feel as fully consistent. Broken is the most "filler" track in any Gorillaz album, Sweepstakes is a fairly fun track but it doesn't get good until the halfway point. Plastic Beach has a great intro but after that it sounds like a Gorillaz song on autopilot. Glitter Freeze, while I honestly kind of like, is straight up inferior to the demo, especially that fan edit that adds the guitar feedback/Damon's harmonizing. Also, outside of De La Soul I thought this album has the weakest overall rap features out of all the Gorillaz albums - something which I guess is kinda consolidated by there being less of them than in Demon Days (and probably why all the people who hate Humanz's rap features keep holding Plastic Beach up as the band's best).

If nothing else it's their most pop-friendly album and I genuinely believe that On Melancholy Hill and Empire Ants are two of, if not the best tracks the band has ever put out. I honestly believe that the former is a perfect example of "melancholy" music, and Empire Ants' beautiful flourish was what made me a fan of Little Dragon.

Aside from that, I much prefer Humanz from beginning to end. Even if it doesn't have the higher highs of Plastic Beach it doesn't have the same lows to me, and after disliking at first I kind of realize this is the only Gorillaz album aside from Demon Days I like listening to from start to finish. Me personally I think most of these albums are pretty close in ranking but if I'd have to, I'd go

Demon Days > Humanz > Plastic Beach > D-Sides > S/T > G-Sides > The Fall

This. On Melancholy Hill is a masterpiece of a song.

>especially that fan edit that adds the guitar feedback/Damon's harmonizing.
is this available on youtube or is it a harder-to find thing? link?

The best thing I have is a Vimeo link to someone making a complete re-edit of Plastic Beach (re-inserting some of those trailer clips/b-sides as interludes, adding some elements of Electric Shock/Stylo demo back into the album, etc.) so you'll have to skip to where Glitter Freeze starts (around the 28 minute mark).

vimeo.com/184277965?utm_source=email&utm_medium=vimeo-cliptranscode-201504&utm_campaign=29220

The whole album edit is actually pretty cool and makes the first half of the album even more immersive, but still doesn't do much to make the second half better imo. Also a bit split on the choice of changing Cloud of Unknowing to the 2-D version.

Sounds cool, I'll check it out some time.

>All these fucking plebe faggots always ranking the Self Titled album low