Really into band for awhile

>Really into band for awhile
>Find out their political opinions
>Suddenly don't like band anymore

God damn it, every fucking time. Why can't musicians keep their political opinions to themselves?

Grow up.

Yeah man, fuck politically conservative musicians. Their music is as stuck in the past as their views are!

Fuck drumpf and fuck white people amirite :)

Why can't you ignore their political opinions and enjoy the music?

Separate the art from the artist.

Dude for real, if you like any band from before pretty much 1980 you're gonna have that problem.
If you don't want to materially support them by going to shows or buying their music, sure, but go ahead and listen to their shit anyway. I know the ethical sphere comes before the aesthetic but don't deny yourself music when you don't have to

all social is political
all language is social
all math is language
2+2=4 is tyranny
2+2=4 sometimes and 5 other times is freedom

if the party says 2+2=5 then it must be true
language is social
politics are social
if the party control politics, they control language and maths

you can still like the beach boys music made 50+ years before trump's presidency

they were different people when they made their classic recordings

90% of musicians that don't suck are liberal as fuck, and we just have to learn to live with it

Don't worry, you still have Burzum

I had to disconnect from social media during the last year because so many of my favourite musicians were either shilling for Hillary Clinton or dumping on Brexit.

i mean, unless they're like a nazi or a klan member or something i don't see why you can't separate them from their art

Actually they were most likely more conservative 50 years ago.

Why can't you not be autistic?

The problem is when their politics directly influences their art, usually for the worse.

yeah, i don't like that either, it dates the music almost instantly, one of the main reasons Hail to the Thief is my least favourite Radiohead album

>all social is political
>all language is social

ok i'm following

>all math is language

ok, still with you

>2+2=4 is tyranny

facts are tyranny?

>2+2=4 sometimes and 5 other times is freedom

what the shit are you talking about

Hyper-militant partisans like you are the worst.

And I'm not a Leftist before you screech at me.

I'd much rather them be a nazi or klan member than a liberal.
At least a nazi or klan member would have something relatively original and challenging to offer.
Liberals just say the same shit they've been given permission to say by the powers that be.

beach boys are great, but fuck mike love and his shitty opinions. even if you're not a political person, look at the musical directions he wanted to take the band vs. what brian wanted. conveniently, mike love's political values are also shitty, even shittier than his music opinions, miraculously

>at least a nazi or klan member would have something relatively original and challenging to offer
uh are you fucking daft? you literally listed two extremely outdated movements based on the antiquated notion that a particular race is superior to any other race or type of person. that's not new or challenging, it's old and challenged.

At least the KKK stands for something and holds to it. The demands of Liberals changes by the second.

That's pretty weak minded bro.

you'd rather their entire political belief system be based on hatred and scapegoating as opposed to naivety and hopeless optimism? most music i've heard from nazi's and klan members are shitty punk, metal and other hardcore music. music i've heard from liberals spans many genres. so in my experience, the nazis/klan members aren't offering up anything challenging. maybe it's because the music industry is oppressing them so we don't hear good music from them, or maybe they just have nothing to offer. they are typically conservative stances and conservative music is literally the opposite of challenging and progressive music, it's more like regressive music like Bobby Fuller or Ted Nugent, offering up zero new ideas and instead rehashing things that make them feel comfortable

Not that user but they aren't outdated, nor irrelevant. Through occult esoteric means, anyway.

And I am saying this as a non-white person.

B...but Paul Joseph Watson said that Conservatism is the new punk rock.

yeah, fuck progress

>through occult esoteric means

fucking lol

>And I am saying this as a non-white person.

oh, so you speak for all non-white people? and with that ability you choose to defend the kkk and nazis? i'm sure all the marginalized groups you represent thank you for your informed, well-reasoned, carefully prioritized voice.

>fucking lol

What a winning rebuttal. Affect will never be a substitute for sustained research. You can act sarcastic and incredulous all you want but those who are more discerning than you will see right through your performative antics with ease.

I'm old and well-read. And you're a young and overly emotional thinker with zero discernment who freaks out when people talk about issues that are uncomfortable.

You probably have zero understanding of the esoteric-exoteric dynamic that you live under. For all your emotion you're just a rube.

So are the people who support Trump, if it's any consolation to you. They're as clueless as you are.

what a snowflake

>Affect will never be a substitute for sustained research.
nice empty words

>You can act sarcastic and incredulous all you want but those who are more discerning than you will see right through your performative antics with ease.
nice empty words

>I'm old and well-read.
LOL

>And you're a young and overly emotional thinker with zero discernment who freaks out when people talk about issues that are uncomfortable.
nice projection

>You probably have zero understanding of the esoteric-exoteric dynamic that you live under.
nice empty words

>For all your emotion you're just a rube.
nice empty words

>So are the people who support Trump, if it's any consolation to you. They're as clueless as you are.
oh neat, i finally have a bit of an idea of what you actually believe - horseshoe theory, not as detestable as the nazis and klanmembers you defended with your hilarious comment about "occult esoteric means", but still pretty fucking stupid if we're talking about "stupid" in a vacuum.

since you're so old and well-read, why don't you explain the point you were trying to make initially, because for the life of me i can't figure out why a person of color would defend nazis/kkk members at all, but the "occult esoteric" defense is entirely new to me. i really wanna know where you're coming from, partially because it sounds hilarious, partially because i have a morbid curiosity for shit like this.

>oh neat, i finally have a bit of an idea of what you actually believe - horseshoe theory

You're in over your head and haven't a clue.

But I'll give you a tip if you'd like to come close to earnestly understanding the current state of play: All roads lead to Rome. Study the Venetians.

>because for the life of me i can't figure out why a person of color would defend nazis/kkk members at all

I am not defending them. There are real racial dynamics at play on a cosmogonic level and there are supernal conditions to human destiny that you honestly don't understand. I am not a racist, nor do I proffer one race over another, people of all races have the deific spark within them, but there is great importance to race that you don't understand. You are too much of a materialist. You need to temper thought and sensibility over a very slow process (through study) in order to approach some of this stuff. Nor do I care to get into it any further. Throw a few more incredulous lines my way if you'd like. It's all the same to me.

Really though, the only dem shilling artists are P4k numale-core, or ultra mainstream pop artists that do it for $.
All political musicians are shite, but if i had to choose one to listen to, it would be one of those weird NatSoc punk/BM/folk musicians

>You're in over your head and haven't a clue.
>But I'll give you a tip if you'd like to come close to earnestly understanding the current state of play: All roads lead to Rome. Study the Venetians.
for the love of god, tell me you're a troll. please, please tell me that there isn't an actual unironic human like you on this fucking planet.

>I am not defending them.
could've fooled me, when you stepped in to tell me that the ideologies of the kkk and nazis aren't antiquated and fucking stupid.

>There are real racial dynamics at play on a cosmogonic level and there are supernal conditions to human destiny that you honestly don't understand.
see above

>I am not a racist, nor do I proffer one race over another, people of all races have the deific spark within them, but there is great importance to race that you don't understand. You are too much of a materialist.
how fucking high are you? you're just typing words that vaguely fit together, not coherently, just spewing.

>You need to temper thought and sensibility over a very slow process (through study) in order to approach some of this stuff.
ah, right, which means you can't explain your viewpoint because you have zero idea how to explain the absolute insanity you believe. if you can't explain your viewpoint, you don't have an opinion, you have talking points someone else fed you.

>Nor do I care to get into it any further. Throw a few more incredulous lines my way if you'd like. It's all the same to me.
ball's in your court, bud. i'm thoroughly incredulous, and i'm convinced that you're either a troll or literally the worst and most stupid person on the face of the planet. if you're a troll, good job, you got your responses. if you genuinely believe the shit you're saying, and i mean this sincerely: seek help. you need help. talk to a therapist. get medicated. you are not well. this is not how rational humans think.

True story. Why those fucking marxists sometimes make good music?

I've never experienced this outside of rolling my eyes at liberals.
Then again, no artist I like is a democrat and they're usually anti republican (to use American examples, I'm not American)

Haha.

I give you one of the most invaluable study tips you're even going to get in any Trump thread you'll ever frequent and you piss it away to salve your wounded adolescent ego.

You're a waste of my time.

Fuck """"""progress"""""" indeed.

Yeah, I'm growing sick of liberal artists spewing their commie views like it's the word of God.
>Hurr you should live your life the way I say because i'm famous you privileged white fuck

Does sodomy count as progress?

oh, so you aren't going to justify your bullshit beliefs? neat, i won an internet argument against a literal invalid who refuses logic and the chance to "convert" someone to the batshit side of the aisle. don't worry about my ego, it's not wounded, it's engorged and soaring now that you made it even more apparent that you can't defend the absolutely incoherent things you say. have a nice night, but more importantly, when you wake up in the morning, contact a medical professional. you need help.

right, because white nationalism is the way of the future and being accepting and understanding of assorted races/cultures/identities is fucking lame. have fun being on the wrong side of history. if the world is unfair enough that you manage to have kids, anyone beyond you in your family line might be disgusted and disappointed by your idiotic, bigoted beliefs. but more likely, they won't even think of you beyond "some of my ancestors were invalids."

>Wrong side of history

I'm sure people thought this during the Crusades/Witch Trials. Try not to get too caught up in the Zeitgeist, friend.

>implying people who aren't racist/sexist/etc. are more like those who perpetrated the crusades/witch trials than neo-nazis/kkk/alt-right/etc.

good god, i didn't think it was possible to feel someone else's brain damage via the internet.

yes keep reading pitchfork and watching rachel maddow and protesting trump while your globalist overlords continue their plans

nice try but i don't read pitchfork and i don't watch maddow. i'd protest trump but in my shithole town there's virtually no one else here who dislikes trump. also, nice shoehorning in "globalists" you do realize trump is like the posterchild of what your group believes a globalist to be? you know, aside from the fact that he's not jewish. you make it really, really difficult to not call you guys nazis.

You're never going to seriously study anything within this purview. When I say you need to slowly temper your materialist thought in order to approach this means nothing to you - I know - and why should it, really? I understand this obfuscation must be quite annoying, but certain knowledge comes to those who really want it. If you don't, then it won't. You can't just smugly rest on your laurels and demand cliff notes for esoteric learning.

All of this other hostile sing song you've replied with is simple affect. It's incidental.

>have a nice night

Likewise.

You are the most undeservingly condescending piece of shit I've ever seen online. I've never seen someone say literally nothing with so many words. The whole conversation, you say nothing but still manage to act superior. I hope you don't have a nice night, I hope you have a total shit night.

You really are one unhappy little bugger, aren't you?

Calm down. I don't owe you anything, nor you me.

>still manage to act superior

And this is patently wrong. I made it a point to say that every single race of people house the deific within them. I don't think I'm superior to you at all -- profoundly the opposite.

You're just miffed that I'm not spoonfeeding you because you're overly entitled.

just take a minute to talk to us idiots, explain your actual views about the"occult esoteric means" of the kkk and nazis that justify their existence or beliefs or whatever the fuck the point you were originally trying to make. and do it without flowery, empty language. i'm pretty verbose, myself, but i can recognize when i or someone else is using it as a crutch (or a wheelchair, in your case). i've been very obviously begging you for an actual, intellectual fight. and instead you just say empty words. this is your last chance to actually engage me, i've tried too hard for too long tonight to have a real conversation with someone so goddamn silly that they come across as a troll.

if you were paying attention to context whatsoever, you would've realized that i meant acting superior to myself and everyone else on this board by being a condescending asshole with zero substance to back it up. the fact that you immediately defaulted to saying "REALLY I'M NOT RACIST" is pretty fucking telling. thanks for that, i'm having a good laugh over here.

> tfw my favorite artist tried to run his own semi-serious party
>dropped out, just told everyone to think for themselves and didn't disclose his own preferences

>with zero substance to back it up

I gave you a very important tip toward understanding the current political dynamic that you are forced to live under unbeknownst to you and you wrote it off in the most nervously juvenile way possible.

I've really given you zero in the way of substance, have I?

Honestly in that tip alone I've given you more than most ever could. Yes, it is that important. Stop being so tediously hostile and demanding.

Neutral observer here. You sound like a buddy I knew in high school who started doing acid everyday and paid 200 dollars for special "moon stones" to spread good vibes. You actually sound insane.

Your buddy was an intellectually lackadaisical flunkie. Meanwhile I'm sitting on a library of works that I've slowly accrued over years of research.

Though the thought of moon stones does seem enticing...