/bhg/ - Beach House General

favourite tracks? favourite album? why? are you guys seeing them on their new tour? i wanna hear it all, lets discuss the beautiful duo known as Beach House

I hope they go more ambient in their next album

>favourite album?
Devotion

>favourite tracks?
Gila
All The Years
Heart of Chambers
Astronaut
D.A.R.L.I.N.G

Silver Soul

Lazuli

Space Song

Somewhere Tonight

>why?
Because they're good

Or shoegaze. Or both. There's no way they'll make another straight-forward pop record. The worst case scenario is there next album being mostly all synthpop with minimal guitar. I have faith though, Depression Cherry and TYLS were both great albums.

silver soul is up there in the top 5 favorites by them for me, so serene. Irene has to be my all time fave tho

I've only listened to Teen Dream and Bloom in full, never really got into them.
Master of None recently came up on my spotify playlist and blew my fucking mind. Is their self-titled worth a listen or is this a one-off?

most definitely. Auburn and Ivory is hauntingly beautiful, and Apple Orchard gorgeous as well. its all good tho

i think self-titled is their best. it's short, go listen to it.

I hope they do more shoegaze sound kinda like the radio dept. lesser matters does.

Anybody seen them live? They're performing by me at the end of the month and I'm leaning towards going

i've never seen them live, but i got tickets to see them at the hollywood bowl in los angeles in september. can't fucking wait

listening now.

After hearing "One Thing", I'm almost certain that going more shoegaze is something they'd be able to pull off.

Ah very cool, Fleet Foxes are gonna be there too

I saw them back in November and they were AMAZING. Victoria's voice is just stellar to hear in person

i know, very excited. i havent listened to them before but i'll get around to it before the concert

>Favorite Album
Depression Cherry

>Favorite Tracks
Levitation (mfw 4:03 comes in), Lover of Mine, Bluebird, Wild, Rough Song, The Traveller, Lazuli, Childhood, You Came To Me

They are fantastic live.

I have so many favorites but Irene really is fucking awesome

Anyone else feel like Beach House becoming very popular isn't as bothersome as with some other bands? Really glad where they are as a band

It's hard to be an aggressive "r33l dream pop fan!1!" when the music is so chill
But on second thought every Beach House discussion without fail has someone butt in with a comparison to Cocteau Twins so what do I know

lmao there really is always that one dude who has to bring up Cocteau Twins