/gg/ - Guitar and Bass General

The fire Within Edition

youtube.com/watch?v=mqgTdVuGrAQ

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qNrR7j-IqD0
youtu.be/11JiKTyMm7M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this is now a doom-larp tread, post your doom-larp rigs.

>have interesting disability
>It doesn't hold him back from making bland shredshit.

what is a doom larp rig

>interesting disability

do jazzmaster tremolos have sharp string holes if so how do i fix it

What amp is that second one?

the Squier and some of the MIJs are made of cheap chromed pot metal. You just need to roll up some 600 grit sandpaper and take off the edge.

>>interesting disability
How often do you see retard arms on normal bodies?

an old kelly amp (offshot of the selmer makers) from 1969. Its really a combo (with the 2x12 cab under it). The guy I bought it from built the headshell to use it for bass. Its clean up to noon on the volume, after that its like a OR120 on roids. Two channels with volume, bass and treble controls and tremolo.

a rig that is made for T H I C C R I F F S

Why do some people say Hendrix was bad?

every time sammy posts his vids

This is now a Peter Green appreciation thread

>watching vids of some bland shredfag

They don't realize that at the time, nobody could play like he did. Now everybody and their mother can throw out some face melting wank.

>implying sammy "fuse dick" "tranny fucker" can shred

take and post a pic of your guitar (if you have multiple, your favorite/go-to), whether you're a richfag and want to show off or are a poorfag and love what you have despite its flaws.

this is my '95 gibson LP standard back from when they were actually affordable, it's pretty heavy, has a rich sound, and is still my precious to this day. these days you can't get one new without selling a kidney, not really worth it anymore.

My fav, better than any (new) Les Paul

yea, the gibson brand has just gone downhill in recent years. the H-150 is great, there's not much need for gibson these days.

I didn't know there was a release of jaguars with that bridge/pickup setup. that's can't be a mod right? haven't seen a jaguar special HH with LP-style humbuckers and bridge before, but I suppose at this point I shouldn't be surprised at all the variations. I bet that thing sounds as good as it looks.

>the H-150 is great, there's not much need for gibson these days.

well, they cost even more than a gibson lp standard

my H-140 cost way less than a standard when I bought it.

I like playing guitar!

Doom LARPing is when some dumb kid gets sucked into a hipster fad he saw on Instagram and thinks by buying similar fart gear he'll be able to get his foot in the scene door somehow.

It's basically a laugh at wasted money/energy and DOA dreams of success/friendship/etc. Monkey see, monkey do.

They inevitably end up the same place they started: alone & lonely in their bedrooms in their parents house surrounded by garbage they don't need.

>They inevitably end up the same place they started: alone & lonely in their bedrooms in their parents house surrounded by garbage they don't need.

i didn't need to hear this right now

yes you did

why do you want to make me feel bad?

What kind of Wah pedals do you guys use/recommend?

What pedals do Vektor use?

I don't use or recommend any, they're pretty cheesy sounding.

because I love you

Well, here it is. Recently I've been using a new amp, and I've realized the humbucker really does have a very passable Les Paul lead tone. Alnico II, so more of a vintage tone.

cry baby classic is the only acceptable wah

all the other wahs are shrill sounding, noisey and generally awful

The Eagles are entry level ripoff artists; Gram Parsons is the real hero of country rock.

on a scale of 10 to 10 how third world or NEET are you?

why didn't you answer the question?

oh c'mon dude my reaction image game was on point just take it like a man

um that wasn't an answer either

So who else only subjects themselves to /gg/ on a daily basis because the anons here are the closest thing they have to friends?

if youre not a sperg you could try and finesse yourself a link to the discord

another jaguar (someone posted theirs earlier but deleted it). interesting to see that jaguars are still pretty popular, they look awesome and have a nice unique sound.

I've never seen that pickup setup on a telecaster-style guitar. what model was it originally? assuming it was modded somewhat

originally an SX furrian p90.

lol no thanks pete. there was a reason people quit posting in your shitty discord

lmao >Archived / 0 / 0

I like them, and their sound is classic.

Picked up this MTM2 for $200 recently, not a fan of slipknot but its an excellent guitar and surprisingly for the price nothing was wrong with it.

damn poorfa/gg/ it even made your chair sad

this is grim

I've been trying to memorize all the positions of the major scale because I wanna get into improv but I feel like there has to be another way that people improvise, like a better to find where you can go on the fretboard to connect notes together, maybe i'm just crazy but does anyone have any other methods or trick they use to know where they can go in a key

Try and error.
Just like how you learn.. everything.

>mfw he brought an Ibenhadz home

does your mommy give you a cookie every time you post that cheap piece of plywood shit here?

Don't go cutting yourself on those edges, kid.

This is the only good photo I have of mine. It's a 2016 Fender Strat, got all the right features and shit, but the more I sit with it the more I wish I had a Tele or a Les Paul. Still, so much clarity and taste in the sound it gives, even though I'm a scum that uses a programmable amp.

>Gibsonmanbaby
confirmed.

I vote we change the name of the thread to the gaytar and ass general

Cause you fags are gay and sound like ass

>IBANEZ
PIC RELATED BROTHER

the strat is probably my favorite. is that american or mexican made? not that it really makes much difference because they're both still made by mexicans in the end

I vote you try harder to be funny and salvage your dying bit.

American made. I'm not really very good at guitar yet, but I do love the versatility that the strat gives. I feel like it can do a little bit of everything. Also, the god himself played one

Since I know some anons would be on their guitar right now, what song are you playing? Just stuff you play to pass time when doing something else

WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU?!?!

i've been working on getting the solo for Buckingham Green down pact

I sometimes wonder, did hendrix have to replace the nut to string right handed guitars backwards like that? I feel like that can't be good for the nut if he didn't invert it somehow.

went to play that once
"is that Glycerine, user?"
never play it again

that band is just so terrible. I don't understand how they ever even got popular. I tried listening to them again some time back, and it literally blows my mind -- they sound like shit across the board. I don't know how they ever got a record contract.

What is with the disdain for Ibanez?

Of course.

which band?

ween or bush?

One of the greatest albums to play along with. Joe and Don make me want to jism

keep it down dad, trying to do my homework here

You either listen or I beat you, son.

YOU'RE NOT EVEN MY REAL DAD

they have those other hits
Swallow and This Cloud fyi desu

mong question incoming

how and what does the attack knob on a compressor/sustain pedal do? I can't hear much difference between med and max

You say Gibson, I say gibshit
You say Fender, I say fendurr
You say PRS, I say pos
You say Schetter, I say shitter
You say Ibanez, I say ibenhad
You say Jackson, I say jack shit
You say Dean, I say meme
You say Strandberg, I say Grandsperg
You say Yamaha, I say yamahahahaha
You say Agile, I say fragile
You say SX, I say sux
You say Alembic, I say anemic
You say Campelone, I say forever alone
You say Thomas Humphrey, I say thomas hump fag
You Say Warmoth, I say woll smoth
You say Warwick, I say warshit
You say Epiphone, I say epiphoney
You say Gretsch, I say retch
You say BC Rich, I say greasey shit
You say acoustic, I say acute shit
You say Washburn, I say washed up
You say Rickenbacker, I say Rickensucker
You say Squier, I say get the hell out of my face kid
95% of kids these days wouldn't know a good guitar if it bit them on the ass

If you're in the 5% that isn't retarded respond saying "we love charvel"

bush.

IM COMING FOR YOU HOLLYWOOD

I AM THE TOUGHEST WRESTLER ON THE PLANET
youtube.com/watch?v=qNrR7j-IqD0

You say Charvel, I say farewell

It's about time someone made a list like this, let's get one together of truthful guitar names too

Les Paul=Les Poor
SG=Super Gay
Firebird=Fireturd
Thunderbird=Thunderturd
Strat=Shat
Tele=Smelly
Jaguar=Faguar
Jagmaster=Fagmaster
Duo Sonic=Duo Suckit
RG=Really Gay
Dinky=Stinky
P Bass=Pussy Bass
ML=Many Lynching(since panterrible is racist)
EC 1000=Epiphone Clone 1000

We can keep adding to the list as time goes on.

>trying this hard
>having tastes this shitty

>trying hard
>as opposed to typing a list of every guitar manufacturer

>every guitar manufacturer
Is your view of the world limited by the sweetwater catalog? You know what, nevermind, don't answer that. I don't want you to embarrass yourself.

somehow I doubt you care what my opinion is

post under rated guitarists

youtu.be/11JiKTyMm7M

you say : I say
dusk tiger : my wallet's lighter
peavey transtube : rawdog no lube
reddit guitar : legit scholar

>knowledge of the world past your basement walls
>opinion
What did I just say about embarassing yourself?

Peavey transtube, skeezy transgender

There's something about telecasters I really dislike

why are you being such a pedantic dick?

I have to deal with idiots on a daily basis so it's second nature at this point.

he's the guy that posted the copypasta. his sole existence is to be a retard -- ignore copyapasta posters, hide copypasta posters, do not respond to copypasta posters.

take everything you read on Sup Forums with a pinch of salt mate, life is too short

>Sup Forums
Lol, that's rich. It's called a job friendo.

>implying

You have time to shitpost while the fries cook?

That the best you got? Lol, that's pathetic.