Initially only liked Andromeda and Busted and Blue

>Initially only liked Andromeda and Busted and Blue
>After a few more listens I love nearly the whole album

What the fuck happened? I've read in other threads that this happens often with Gorillaz albums but I didn't expect it to be true.

Same exact thing happened to me.
This happened a lot to Sup Forums with Plastic Beach.
For me it's happened even more so with this album. I've listened to the whole thong on repeat for 3 days straight while i do things.

>mfw the third listen-through and it clicks

>initially only liked andromeda
>after a few more listens i don't like nothing on this album

>i don't like nothing

>not embracin ur inna chav innit

Bepamin tea?

You should maybe stop listening to garbage exclusively and try to revisit good music to cleanse your palette.

Not even gonna reply to the post above me but just know you're a faggot

Yeah, go listen to Sup Forums core stuff. Shoegaze and stuff that other anons approve of. Why don't people get it? You only need to listen to what Sup Forums approves of and you'll be fine. It's not that hard to be cool.

>Submission
>Charger
>Strobelite
>Momentz
>Halleluyah Money
>Ascension
>Saturn Barz

I hated all of these at the start, and fucking loving them right now.

our brains like repetition and familiar things

How can you like submission? That's the only song I can't find a reason to like

There's a difference though.

With some songs even listening to it multiple times doesn't get you to like them.

The thing about Gorillaz is that a lot of their music is unfamiliar, or jarring. So it takes multiple listens for your brain to process what's going on.

Exactly, you are listening and expecting what you listened to before. Then you just get used to it. That's that.

Like Kanye and his new shit. Yeah Yeezus is literal garbage but The Life of Pablo is okay and that's a completely different style to his older stuff.

I don't get the point of your comment.

My point wasn't that it's like stockholm syndrome, where you listen to something to many times that you like it due to forced exposure.

I'm the OP and I only listened through the album like 5 times. It's more like something just clicked. There's a distinct difference.

>Reddit fuckboy trash
>Sup Forumscore
>Only 2 categories out there

You and your lack of any musical scope both have my condolences. How did you even find this board and get past a captcha?

Nah mate sounds like stockholm syndrome.

Same thing happened to me with Demon Days when I first heard it. At first, I liked Plastic Beach more, but now I think Demon Days is their best album. Maybe the same will happen here, but for right now I just think it's alright, personally.

Some day, I will have the sheer magnitude of musical scope as you. I just have to keep trying.
Deleting all of my Gorillaz albums right now.

Demon Days is incredibly accessible and obviously a much more complete and superior album to plastic beach. You just needed some time to get other peoples onions on it.

If you want to dedicate time and bandwidth MBs to this album, that's on you. But don't sit there like an ignorant faggot and tell me I'm a Sup Forums drone because I think this record is trash. There is no shortage of great music out there that doesn't fall into the shugazi or hip-hop threads.

>Like an ignorant faggot and tell me

>His first post was literally "You should maybe stop listening to garbage exclusively"

Yeah, nah. You're a fucking faggot lol

>Gorillaz stans listen to the album so much they forget what great music sounds like

honestly the viral-marketing on this site is rediculous, saged

>At first, I liked Plastic Beach more, but now I think Demon Days is their best album.

I guess I'm getting old because it always surprises me when I hear about people getting into Gorillaz with Plastic Beach. To me, s/t and Demon Days are THE defining Gorillaz albums, and anything after that is just extra.

I'm glad you saw the light and realize that Plastic Beach is not the best. It's good, and a cool departure from what they were doing, but self-titled and Demon Days are really where it's at.

Humanz is trash tbqh, and it makes me sad to see how far they've fallen.

For me, the ranking goes something like this:

>Demon Days
>Plastic Beach
>The Fall
>ST
>Humanz

The sides are pretty good but I'd lump them along side the ST.

You only like it because you're listening to it.

You don't just suddenly "like" an album.

If realizing that Humanz is hot garbage makes me a faggot, I can't even fathom what shilling the album and defending it makes you. Presumably an underage faggot who doubles as a cuck?

>NO!!! YOU'RE THE FAGGOT!! YOUR FAVORITE MUSIC IS SHIT!!! SHIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!

Oh shit, did you just call me a cuck? Fuckin rekt.

I donno op usually happens with gorillaz exclusively. usually cause its not what people expect, but that's what I like about the album and the gorillaz, they're unpredictable. Remember PB ? People wanted DD2 so much that they hated that album and after the hype died down people say its now their fav one of gorillaz. in a couple of months people are gonna come around