What was life like in the 80s and 90s? Did people really hang out and do stuff outside with no internet?

What was life like in the 80s and 90s? Did people really hang out and do stuff outside with no internet?

youtube.com/watch?v=fGzBwq2ZX4c

I was a teenager in the 1980s but I don't remember much of it, I was too drunk and drugfucked

I remember Debbie Harry was eminently fuckable though

No.
Everyone stayed at home all the time farting.

Seriously, what do you fucking think?
Ofcourse they went out and did stuff since the internet wasn't as big.

>tfw you remember playing hours of battle tanks because your first computer didn't have internet

Shit those were the good days.

Yeah, and obesity wasn't a problem either. Go figure.

I'm 40. I used to goto the library to read newspapers and books, Then I would go there because it was the only place other than school where you could get online for free.

Was awesome. Went out skated....got drunk, smoked a bunch of weed....did acid....got laid a bunch, ran from cops

This

>in the 80s and 90s
>no internet
There was Internet in the Eighties, but it was
only e-mail, bulletin boards, and text games.

This. Minus the getting laid part.

It was dope. I ran wild. All we did was go out. Get lit. And find something warm and wet to get inside of. Less pretense. Less bullshit. Less focus on race and labels.

2017 isn't life.

I was a grown man in the 1980's (yes, I'm o-l-d). Life was good, man. Drugs, fucking, lots of crazy shit you could do back then that you can't do now - like have a cop pull you over with beer in your car, be underage, and him tell you to "just be careful" driving home.

Fuck yeah - no "zero-tolerance" bullshit. I was on the ROTC shooting team in HS, and used to carry my .22 up to the school to get on the bus to go to the rifle range. No shit. Try that now, and see them call out the 101st Airborne Division to blow you away with Hellfire Missiles... kek.

they hade TVs.

ALso these huuuuuge pices of paper called 'news papers' that did the same job as cnn.com and bbc.co.uk and the young turks They had the articles like printed on, also pictures but in greyscale..

Worst part of the 1980's was Hairy Bush, then AIDS made everyone think that you put your dick in the wrong chick and you explode.

yup going outside everyday to have fun with friends was great, lived in philly

i think newfag generations are fucked out of legit childhood experiences

This user gets it.

Snowflakes learned nothing getting calluses on their thumbs playing COD.

Well to be fair, AIDS was a death sentence back then

True, but it was pretty much blown out of proportion for us non-homo fags. Worse thing I ever got was a UTI from banging two chicks in one night and not pissing afterwards. kek.

Summer was awesome.

Get up, shower and dress.
"Bye Mom!"
"Bye, be home before dark"
Hop on bike. Go to friends house. Get friend and go innawoods for shooting shit with BB guns, breaking stuff, etc. Maybe go to the pool or toss a football.
Literally 0 contact with 'rents all day.
Sun going down.
Ride home.
"Hi mom! Hi Dad!"
Eat dinner with family at dinner table.
Repeat next day.

You mentioning that brings back memories

The present kind of sucks

there were no niggers

All these comments about kids these days never going outside. I'm only 18, but my childhood was very similar to yours, we went out cycling and doing stupid shit and coming home late at night. Today kids are suffering because of social change and bad parenting, not the internet.

We got high a lot and listened to music
and there was "cruising" in your car ad getting high

>did people really hang out and do stuff without internet?

everyone does that today too, even young kids they just have friends

Holy shit!! i havn't seen Big Brother: Shit in 22 years! I had it on cassette... I actually have a tattoo from that movie.

ya man, being a kid in the 80's was awesome. all the toys actually did something special like snap action, kung fu grip, transformed, oozed slime...

i rarely saw my parents from the time i was 7 to moving out in the mid 90's, and my friends were the same. kids were expected to have friends and roam around unchecked.

There were a lot fewer niggers back then. Lots more Black People who did the same shit as us

fathers married to mothers
living in the same house
mowing their lawns on Saturday
checking their kids homework, getting pissed if they got bad grades
going to church on Sunday
fathers teaching their sons how to adjust the vacuum advance on car engines, and gap the plugs
mothers cooking meals, and hosting Tupperware parties

Today sucks royal cock by comparison.

Same here. 80s 90's a blur of sex and alcohol. One 24 year old kid to remember for me

I believe you, but you have to admit that you're becoming the exception rather than the rule. Too many young fags are too wrapped up with Overwatch to bother going outside.

That's us olderfags fault, because we gave you littlefags all the GameBoy's and 3DS's and Xboxes instead of a boot to the ass to make you go outside.

I speak from experience - my littlefags don't even know which end of a knife to hold. kek.

municipalities outlawing cruising is such bulllshit.

There was not internet for the general pubic until 1989.
From Google - In 1989, the first ISPs were established in Australia and the United States. In Brookline, Massachusetts, The World became the first commercial ISP in the US. Its first customer was served in November 1989.

By 1990 Prodigy was the second-largest online service provider, with 465,000 subscribers trailing only CompuServe's 600,000 and AOL a distant 3rd. The WWW didn't exist yet as we know it.

AOL 1.0. Going into ChatRooms and seeing if you could get a (woman) go Private. I probably got a million fags off during those days... So much internets to learn.

hell yes! same here. wake up whenever the fuck we felt like it and slam a bowl of cereal real quick and then head out on our bmx bikes into the woods and build dirt ramps or have bb gun fights. later maybe meet up with another crew and have a tackle football game or smear the queer and just absolutely demolish each other. then later that night either sleep over at someone's house or they stayed at yours and watch skin-emax/hbo and play atari or nintendo all fucking night.

god damn those were good times. we really did luck out with out childhoods. too bad everything turned to shit now. you would probably go to jail for having a bb gun fight today. really sad. many such cases.

Sheeeeiit... That's so relatable it's like you lived in my neighboorhood. I bet it had some suburban name meant to evoke oldtimey values and a sense of peacefulness, something like "Sugar Creek". We had neighborhood wide bottle rocket wars. Multiple factions all trying to capture/control the ponds. Probably 60-70 kids involved. Roman candles, bottle rockets, mortars aimed at angle. Bedlam.

neighborhood in austin, tx called "cherry creek". no bullshit. fuck yea dude, bottle rocket wars were awesome. i used to slide them in the barrel of my bb gun with the fuse hanging out and shoot them off that way cause it looked badass lol. I wore shorts one year and never did that again. seriously, i think if kids tried that shit today it would be national news and they would get arrested.