My sister was offered a job in Montevideo as a translator

My sister was offered a job in Montevideo as a translator.
Is Montevideo civilized, or is it your average third world shithole?

Other urls found in this thread:

tripadvisor.de/Attractions-g294323-Activities-Montevideo_Montevideo_Department.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hope she will be raped and mugged by savages Planchas. :)
tell her to go into the cantegriles, they are very very nice places, tell her to go without clothes. :)

>Montevideo has consistently been rated as having the highest quality of life of any city in Latin America, by 2015 it has held this rank every year during the last decade

I'm sure it's fine

Uruguay, she'll be fine.

i read somewhere Uruguay has a high rate of self-defense murder too

i doubt OP's sister will be on a killing spree in Montevideo. that's not what translators usually do.

yeah pretty fine, don't forget to walk on the city at night and drive with open windows. :)

Nothing happens in Uruguay.

At max she'll get La Mochila'd.

Uruguay is a cozy country, I would say it's like the average small and insignificant countries in Europe. Nothing of special happens there, just the concept about have a calm life.
Uruguay's countryside is pretty agricultural, you'll only see a bunch of plain farms. Uruguay's coast in the Rio de La Plata (Plata River) side is top tier, pretty developed. Montevideo is one of the calmest and nice big cities that I ever been.

its safe and not very exciting.

yeah just mentioning that uruguayans take no shit from any robber, that's mostly what happens there

>1.3 mio habitants
>one of the biggest cities in SA
>not exciting
>tripadvisor.de/Attractions-g294323-Activities-Montevideo_Montevideo_Department.html

how can i tell an argentine and a uruguayan apart

1.3 million is a small city mine has over 5

you can't

thats relative. It is closer to important province capital tier than to One of the biggest cities in SA tier btw.

it isnt rare for Uruguayans to take a ferry to Buenos Aires for night time activities (rock band/dj etc that comes to Buenos Aires but skips Montevideo)

>one of the biggest cities in SA
what? it's smaller than our 4th biggest city, let alone the whole SA

puebla?

compared to most cities around the world, it's pretty huge. and there are tons of activities.

Hmm, in a continent that has cities like São Paulo, Buenos Aires, Lima, Santiago, Bogotá and Rio de Janeiro, Montevideo isn't that big.

Uruguayans are practically the same people as "Rioplatense" Argentines, but Argentines from Cordoba or Tucuman or Corrientes are very different.

Also, some Uruguayans use Tu with the verb conjugations of Vos. Argentines never use Tu for anything, never at all. I have never said contigo in my life.

>Uruguayans use Tu with the verb conjugations of Vos
wuuuuuut
i never heard an uruguayan doing that. must be a portuñol thing

you're completely right with that argumentation, yet cities like BsAs, lima and rio de janeiro are exceptions. it's not that all cities in SA are hellholes with 10 mio habitants, the majority consists of smaller cities and villages and compared to that Montevideo is quite huge. it's not that you can't do anything there.

Yeah, Montevideo is definetly a big city, I already went there. I just said that because you said that Montevideo is one of the biggest cities in SA, yet the 13th biggest city here in Brazil is bigger than Montevideo

uruguay has among the highest rates of legal firearm ownership in latam afaik

Guadalajara

>Guadalajara
how comes you're not shot yet

It's one of the safest places?
I've never been mugged, never seen a gun (excluding police and army), I don't know anybody who has been shot

postea tut mogolico de mierda

perdón, me confundí con otro lugar en el norte de MX.

Ciudad Juarez perhaps?

yeap

we are the gray-scaled pixelated ones