Sup /b, so I joined the navy last year and scored high enough on the ASVAB to get into the nuclear power field...

Sup /b, so I joined the navy last year and scored high enough on the ASVAB to get into the nuclear power field. My ship date is now in two weeks since I decided to move it up. Any tips, warnings, advice, or comments? Also i volunteered for sub duty.

Never start a sentence with"so" Just a tip

so just pointless advice?

he didnt faggot

Do you like sea men? Is that why you joined the navy?

Should I join the Navy or Air Force? Also if the Navy should I try for Seals or something else?

I'm almost done with myself contact. Just letting you know that a lot of people I know dropped out because it was very difficult and fast paced schooling. I met one successful nuke and she looked like she hated life/never seen sun. If you're successful when you get out in 6 years at the minimum you can probably make 6 figs with those credentials

>Joins the Navy
>Believes the people who tells him he's special for his ASVAB score
>Goes nuke like an idiot

Enjoy the same pay as the guy in supply division, getting the same GI bill, and working 3x as much. Those awesome civilian jobs you're supposedly going to be able to get after your enlistment? They're going to treat you like a guy in an engineering field with no engineering degree - like shit.

You fucked up, OP.

Not an army bro here, but i undersantd from what people from the air force complain about that it sucks. You just waste time in hangars and nepotism runs rampant.

Ex navy nuke here. Jesus dont do it user.Unless you like 100hr work weeks forever and the fear of losing your job constantly.

Don't really think I have much of a choice at this point

You always have a choice, until you finish boot camp really, dont let them trick you into thinking different.

I hope you've got a set of nuts. Do not lie about ANYTHING legalwhen they do your clearance check. Feel free to fudge medical stuff.

One guy on my ship showed up, then 2 months in, he stabbed himself in the leg just to get out. To put it into perspective, and that was after he made it through the terrible school, which people off themselves at.

you can say no right now. no consequence

Only legal thing I've got against me is a speeding ticket

I've heard subs are boring as fuck. Bring some reading material.

I also heard they're gay as fuck but maybe the navy's gotten more pussy lately.

prepare for loads of hot salty penis. in the navyyy where you suck on lotsa dick in the navyyy

just a heads up. I didn't talk about a suspension I got for drinking and ended up on hold for like six months. Absolutely awesome losing contact with your training team. Don't be a pussy in boot camp. It's insanely easy now.

no its gay af

Start downloading as many movies/shows/games onto a external hard drive

reading material my ass...bring chewing tobacco and immodium. Same as gold nuggets two weeks in

You guys obviously arent/werent nukes. You dont have any fucking free time during the first 18 months on a ship/boat. The only free time you have you're either trying to sleep, or eat. Maybe shower..maybe.

>sub
>shower

u obviously can't reed

sleep lol...you weren't a nuke

Good point. At least I can spell.

Thus I said,"Trying"

snickers energy and redbull were made to be taken in combination

Or monsters while chewing. That was my go to.

This

never got constipated once

100 guys go down, 50 couples come up.

I'm going Navy corpsman are I get my associates degree. I don't want to be turned Gay anons...

Let us know if you can have boys afterwards.

*after

you're gonna see a lot of dick. good thing you didnt choose MA

I've heard you can skip all the way to E3 if you have a small degree, how truthful is this?

wtf do you think happens when you are in a can underneath the water for 9 fooking months with a bunch of horny swinging dicks? Jesus

While you're on the sub be careful about opening portholes

NEVER lean against a bulkhead when diving deep. Shit will fuck you up.

Explain, sounds interesting

never heard that. incentives for debt payoff and ocs..but not that. get it in writing

edgy

Airforce has the best living conditions, the best food, and the easiest jobs of all the services. Army fag here.

why?

Don't go green side after sub work. We got a corpsman that did three years sub duty and our first infantry run at Fort Pickett blew both his knee caps out within 75m - from what I hear, it's hard to stay physical on a sub.

"It is not the policy of the United States to discuss submarine operations."

Besides - 150 men go underwater together and 75 couples come up. :) NAVY - Never Again Volunteer Yourself

From ex Navy Nuke to being a Licensed Nuclear Reactor Operator. The Navy sucks, submarines suck, and commercial nuclear power sucks. However, commercial nuclear power pays well. I have been able to make good money since I got out, wether or not I was working in the nuclear field. If you can get through the program, including your six years of service you will almost always be employed. However, of the eight nuke machinist mates I started out with in recruit training. I was the only one to make it through the program.

The deeper you go the more pressure on the sub. Bulkheads tend to pop (buckle rapidly) It could break your back.

good advice. also don't drive or attempt a tan right away.

He's civi - relax. Keep him fresh until the wenie fucks him.

fuckin nub

>725437725
see

I'm in the British army, the navy are gay, join if you're gay. Join the army if you're not a cum guzzling turbo throbber

Hopefully I won't get put on a sub straight away, hoped to maybe get stationed in europe or Japan in a hospital for a bit.

How does that part go anyway, I've heard you can *suggest* where you want to go but they'll put you where the fuck ever.

this is all true

How? I did two combat tours as an Infantry Marine. Just because I don't know blue side doesn't make me a bitch like you. Check yourself and man up. Then give yourself enough cred to where you don't talk shit in a thread. Fucking bitch.

I've run into Brit soldiers in the middle east a few times. Why do you guys forget so much gear you know you'll need?

You can suggest - makes you feel good. But they'll put you where they need you. Okinawa sucks - Ca or NC is the place to be. Unless you get Hawaii. Then you're lucky. :) Maybe - go POG yes.

if you volunteered sub...your going sub. those nice ports are for reinlisting faggots..not you

I might join marines or army, i'm not sure. I want to study my field and try finding a job but something tells me i should go in the military

Not Op

You'll have a choice of posting, however if they need you somewhere thats where you go unless you milk the system, 'if I don't get this posting my wife will leave me with my kid, my grandparents will die because I care for them, I'll get depressed and anxious and won't be able to have more kids etc'

bullet sponge nub

Lol. They're thing to cut you orders to your first boat before you graduate prototype. Get stationed in Europe. You're going to be an e duvet and you're going to be on a Boomer and your going to hate your life and then drink it away in off crew.

Op chose the nuke route like a moron, other guy went corpsman

Congrats on putting letters together to form words. Congrats again on putting words together. I'm proud of what I did, but the history behind it is flawed. I went Infantry because fags do t want to be men anymore, but the ultimate reason I went to war were a lie. Say what you want - but you cucked civis need military members like me. So fuck off fag.

my bad...corps shoot for surface SD. Best medical training facilities.

Best military post benefits are : post 9/11 GI Bill and VA Home Loan.

Only shit bastards with bad admin forget kit on ops or ex. Shit cunts in clip make the rest of us look bad, you can get utter mongs in some regiments, never met a mong yet in the REME

It is totally awesome. re-enlist as soon as you can. the bonus is 95k.

>r-r-roadhouse!

boot lick, starch seam, nub.

i have 1.5 years left, cant wait. dont even care if i lose my job

It's 100k for ET's and ELT's, which rate is 95k? Did they bump up the MMs or EMs?

tax free if your CO is cool

If you speak the language where a certain duty station is located, will that sway the odds of you getting put there.

Speak not so fluent German but a little brush up is all that is needed.

i literally got away with a felony while in you faggot.

Bro, you can make it! At less than 1 year the time flies! Just keep watching your ass, and looking out for yourself, don't trust Khaki faggots either.

YES. also you will get paid extra to speak a second language. totally forgot about this. protip

When you come home, your family doesn't wanna hear all your navy jargon. And don't assume they'll know what a coner is.

Also Hawaii sucks after a month. Travel is easier/cheaper if your stationed in REAL america. Those Polynesians (pacific niggers) don't like sailor fags, they'll jump you and rob you

entirely true

too stupid to talk to

Be a surface fag, submarines suck pick mm, become an elt

Thing is, how is Germany for the Navy?

You will be a squid.
Don't take pictures or talk about what happens on a sub, in a sub or around it.
You are a piece of shit until you prove otherwise.
Enjoy boot camp.

This is for the nuke or the corpsman?

OP here, thanks

LOL. Do corpsman even get bonuses?

when you come home...save enough to rent a car and get a hotel room. FUCK civilians.

Again, congrats. Go troll someone who hasn't done shit with their life. I'd fuck with you, but then - how do you kill that which has no life?

Hahahahaha. Green side to blue side and visa versa maybe.

MM's. was joking. dont do it user. Choose an easy job, start college while in finsih college with a 4 year degree early on gi bill then chase certificates while raking in e5 BAH.

>60k/year at best to fight over dirt that doesn't belong to anybody
sheesh woo

nuke you idiot. corpsman doesnt get shit, except for better advancement and an easier life. do that and do college.

Yeah, OPSEC bro... OPSEC

>the life police
>\b\

I'm no OP, just an Ex ELT who turned down the 100k. FTN

Hope you're not claustrophobic and okay with getting close quarters intimate with your fellow submariners...

What he said.... Also,

You won't win... It's designed so that you will fail.. accept it and just continue on...

and OPSEC